Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we make this the werewolf player model?

MaxJrFTW
MaxJrFTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
fc1rp24hts91.png

31cf1a0cfa7dc1a4ef358fbd62f3625b.jpg

3e6e65873b169769521d70ff849f5175.jpg

pretty-please-4951c564bf.jpg

"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

If you mean this one, then sure. That would be so cute. Cute and cuddly werewolfs as they should be.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

If you mean this one, then sure. That would be so cute. Cute and cuddly werewolfs as they should be.

Anything over the current model. It served its purpose, but in 2020 it looks outdated to say the least.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea the werwolf brute model looks way better, slightly more stylized and therefore less outdated, more atmospheric... it is the same model from the memento you can geld for one of the wwolf dungeons on some vet achievement

I also think it looks way better than the current model....would be nice if they changed it... or if they used the berserker for this model and kept pack leader the old model so people get both....
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its called werewolf behemoth sigil, the transformation looks better too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_aycqZ96k

Edited by Nemesis7884 on April 22, 2020 9:25PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf Behemoths are a special form of Werewolf that is achieved through alchemy though. Werewolves should be updated in texture quality to be similar to that of werewolf behemoths.
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 22, 2020 10:49PM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Werewolf Behemoths are a special form of Werewolf that is achieved through alchemy though. Werewolves should be updated in texture quality to be similar to that of werewolf behemoths.

I really want to play werewolf, but i can't get past the ps2 model.

―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I really want to play werewolf, but i can't get past the ps2 model.

Love my Vamp. Love my werewolf. Although, in certain areas, my werewolf looks wet and suffering from mange, other areas and times just looks like a sickly poor claymation prop. Sometimes werewolf form just is beautifully awesome looking, and lastly there are points where WoW Cata's low poly versions of Worgen look more detailed and actually look likes a werewolf than ESO's version.
    Edited by StormeReigns on April 23, 2020 1:41AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks too much like a football player to me.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it. A werewolf should look like a WOLF, not a bear. Lean, lanky and edgy. I think the current models are fine.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    A werewolf should look like a WOLF. I think the current models are fine.

Direct contradiction in my eyes. You say it should look like a wolf, then say it's fine that it looks like Mickey Mouse on steroids with mange...
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate the behemoth model.
    Looks like a fricked up gorilla.

WW could definitely use an update, same with sorc pets, for instance, but please not to behemoth.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I. Models

As far as models are concerned, perhaps ZOS could make a contest. I have two ideas in this regard:

Either
    1) let ZOS make their own models - 3 or 4 - and let us vote for one we like the most. In some of the future patches the model that was most voted for will be the winner, and thus replace the old (present, as of now) cudly pup

OR
    2) let players do their graphic of models they'd like to see - ZOS will choose a few they consider to be the best and on the the model that was most voted for will be the winner

Alternatively, enable all the models that were in the contest, and allow us to purchase the remainig ones in the Crown store.

II. Skins

Two skins are not much of a variety, are they? So I'd also say, design some, and also, let us buy them in the Crown Store, eg.

- shades of grey,
    - shades of white,
    - shades of black,
    - shades of brown,
    - shades of red (i.e. fox-like),
    - spotted
    - belly / paws / snout / tail having different colour

Some colors from the Khajiit can be implemented I believe. Now, why buy? Well, not everyone is willing change their werewolf form, because they either 'don't care', 'it's just for PvP', or 'whatever so who cares anyway' - others enjoy customisation, so why not give them a chance in this regard as well?

And should you introduce more skins, even better, for you can make it a collectible! Just as we can switch costumes, so could we... shed our old fur and grow new?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it. A werewolf should look like a WOLF, not a bear. Lean, lanky and edgy. I think the current models are fine.

They could actually do with a bit of a texture upgrade. Currently they look like they were modelled out of clay.
  • MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    I had high hopes they would have updated it with Wolfhunter DLC. On the same level as what the bears and wolves look like now, compared to their vanilla models that still run around in the starter zones.

I don't expect them to rework the animations as well (that would be great though), but the model/ textures really could do with an update on that same level. (auridon wolves -> gold coast wolves)

There's a lot of reference to use from TES Legends. I'm sure one of these would work with the current models/animations. :p
    Ideally, there would be gender specific models as well. But you can only expect so much.

female: https://images.uesp.net/4/4c/LG-cardart-Aela_the_Huntress_02.jpg
    male: https://images.uesp.net/9/92/LG-cardart-Aela's_Huntmate_(Werewolf).png

Good to see that im not the only weird one as well btw. I too am dissuaded playing a werewolf because of what they look like.
    Quite a bit
  • MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

They could actually do with a bit of a texture upgrade. Currently they look like they were modelled out of clay.

Exactly. They mostly need a texture and mesh update. I'm sure the overall shape would remain, seeing as they probably wouldn't change the animations.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like the model but a modifed version of the behemoth model to make it not as fatty in the legs. Smaller like the one we have now maybe a more skinner version of it basically. Also gendering it too.
    I think that would be the best thing they could do with Werewolves.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 23, 2020 10:52AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly one morph should be the form we have now with hpdated textures etc and the other should be the big guy
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattVH wrote: »
    I had high hopes they would have updated it with Wolfhunter DLC. On the same level as what the bears and wolves look like now, compared to their vanilla models that still run around in the starter zones.

I don't expect them to rework the animations as well (that would be great though), but the model/ textures really could do with an update on that same level. (auridon wolves -> gold coast wolves)

There's a lot of reference to use from TES Legends. I'm sure one of these would work with the current models/animations. :p
    Ideally, there would be gender specific models as well. But you can only expect so much.

female: https://images.uesp.net/4/4c/LG-cardart-Aela_the_Huntress_02.jpg
    male: https://images.uesp.net/9/92/LG-cardart-Aela's_Huntmate_(Werewolf).png

Good to see that im not the only weird one as well btw. I too am dissuaded playing a werewolf because of what they look like.
    Quite a bit

Now that's a werewolf. Thankyou Matt.
      LG-cardart-Aela%27s_Huntmate_%28Werewolf%29.png
      Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    • SickleCider
      SickleCider
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I said it in another thread: I feel confident that the werewolf behemoth takes certain style notes from The Howling. I think if you used the werewolf behemoth as a base and thinned out its proportions you'd end up with something that looks a little like a Howling werewolf, which is a pretty decent outcome.
      ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why are Werewolves constantly grumpy anyway, there's more emotions than 100% grump. Wolves can get really affectionate and playful sometimes.
      CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • Morgha_Kul
      Morgha_Kul
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alucardo wrote: »

I would agree with this, I was referring more to the proportions.
      Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    • darthgummibear_ESO
      darthgummibear_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If they do that before fixing something as simple as markings on vamp toons I quit.
    • Alucardo
      Alucardo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If they do that before fixing something as simple as markings on vamp toons I quit.

Nobody cares about your smelly vampires.
    • MaxJrFTW
      MaxJrFTW
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Vampires are getting a whole expansion themed after them. Vampire themed motifs, vampires themed crown crates, vampire themed outfits, a new form, a whole new skill line.
      ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    • Drammanoth
      Drammanoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Vampires are getting a whole expansion themed after them. Vampire themed motifs, vampires themed crown crates, vampire themed outfits, a new form, a whole new skill line.

and as of now, too OP form which means that there will be the possibility of total commitment... for a huge price. Hopefully ZOS will somehow change this so that it is less burdensome for our class skills.

It's not all what it's cracked up to be tbh