The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is there no Trial queue system in place. Not veteran because it isn't practical, but normal.

Neonisys
Neonisys
✭✭✭
Impossible to get groups for Normal Trials on PC EU server, trying to organise nor waiting for another group has yielded a group for Cloudrest for 4 days now, and I am on at peak time. Surely a system to group like for dungeons is feasible for normal PVE content.

Edit - And just to kick my point down a group pops up immediately.
Edited by Neonisys on March 29, 2020 8:15PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this should have been a thing from day one. A tool for those who want to use it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game can’t even consistently match 4 people to group for a dungeon! There’s no way Zeni can code a functioning groupfinder for trials. And it would end up being a dissatisfier in the end anyway. What about trials that don’t require 2 tanks? What about the vote to kick function? How much outcry will here be over the fake-tank issue which will pop up as soon as the crown can no longer autonomously kick people who aren’t performing?

While I’m sorry you’re having trouble finding groups, this is not Something I’d want Zeni devs or support staff to spend time on. I suggest using the guild finder to find people who are active during your times and group with them.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saw a similar thread on this earlier this year. Fake tanks in dungeon finder are annoying. Now multiply that by 11 angry people in a trial. Hard pass.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neonisys wrote: »
    Impossible to get groups for Normal Trials on PC EU server

It is very much false to say it is impossible to get into a normal trial group because players are running normal trials all the time. That is the truth.

The best way to get into a trial group is to get into an active guild. There are many very bad guild leader that think they are special because they have a full roster of 500 players that do nothing with the guild because the leaders do not do jack. Find a guild with good leaders that actually have people that organize activities. It also helps to be part of the solution when you find an active guild and start forming raids yourself.

Personally I would find the stories of in the forums of players complaining about their GF trial group failing hard but in reality, adding normal trials to the GF is actually bad for the game. In other games like SWTOR that added their raids to the GF they had to dumb down those raids even further than they already were because unorganized and unskilled players had great trouble with the mechanics. The same thing would be required here and that would just be sad as they are already to easy.
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a similar thread on this earlier this year. Fake tanks in dungeon finder are annoying. Now multiply that by 11 angry people in a trial. Hard pass.

Honestly I don' t think fake tanks are a major problem in ESO (PC, EU).
    Perhaps 1 in every 10 veteran runs?

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »

Honestly I don' t think fake tanks are a major problem in ESO (PC, EU).
    Perhaps 1 in every 10 veteran runs?

They're not a problem in base dungeons, even vet ones. They are a problem in DLC dungeons. They would be a huge problem in trials.

Experienced one once in a VHRC pug. Dude said he solo tanked VMOL. Should have known at that point we were in trouble. Could have been a fake or just a bad tank. Either result was the same. 11 angry people