Proudspire Manor preview and new furniture video

kind_hero
kind_hero
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a video with a normal paced tour of the manor, including the patio, using the furnished version from the PTS.

The video has a second part with a presentation of all the new furniture available in the crown store and at the achievement vendor.

https://youtu.be/Qre74-ixmhI

I want to congratulate the devs for doing such an amazing job with the Solitude area! Yesterday I revisited this virtual place after many years, and the nostalgia kicked in, I walked the cobbled streets of Solitude until 2:30 AM ... so this says alot about how I liked it :)

I really like the combination of gothic and romanesque elements plus original elements. The city feels real. The Solitude furniture seems a bit rough, even the noble variants. It should have more polish, at least like the blue recipe Alinor pieces. It would be OK as it is if the palace rooms wouldn't be so sophisticated and elegant. As it is now, the furniture fits more with the Orsinium theme. I really love the new paintings, new tools and kitchen items. The filled bookcases are also great, people will love them. Speaking of new paintings.. could we expect an easel, please?

I hope these items are only a part of what is intented, because I haven't seen any construction blocks yet. With such a beautiful architecture, it would be a shame not to have the building blocks to create entire manors from the ground up.

As some people mentioned, the manor does not have a fireplace. I hope we will get one as furnishing!

Thanks for watching!
[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That music hit me really hard :bawling:
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the noble furniture. the more i look at it the more i hate it. Too worn. That should be the blue recipe furniture since the blue furniture looks like what you would normally get with green recipes.

noble could have been so nice if they just cleaned it up and looked newer, then i would have loved it. Alinor stuff will look much better in that house.

the noble stuff will look nice in a log cabin which i was hoping to get, nice big cabin in the mountain.... but no. Hopefully in third quarter.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, such handsome furniture ... especially in the Hearth category. The food...! And the pictures. And I also need some of those benches for my Mistveil porch.
    The house is very nice as well - a must have, at least for me. Thank you for showing!
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    Dang, such handsome furniture ... especially in the Hearth category. The food...! And the pictures. And I also need some of those benches for my Mistveil porch.
    The house is very nice as well - a must have, at least for me. Thank you for showing!

the rack of ribs look very tasty
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caelc wrote: »
    the noble stuff will look nice in a log cabin which i was hoping to get, nice big cabin in the mountain.... but no. Hopefully in third quarter.

About your cabin:

zvoPoVv.png
    inside from the window (we want that mushroom planter)
    oleVysP.png

Also here is where the "noble" furniture fits best, in the stablemaster's house :smile:
    Look at the cabinet on the wall.

CAfZrt7.png

All this is very beautiful

• Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    I like the longboat - but not the price.

Also, Vampire mirrors?
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solitude breakfasts are EVERYTHING. After only 5 hours of sleep, I woke up this morning and all I could think about was positioning slices of spam on a plate and frying up eggs to lay on top of them. I did that, but with only a few eggs, and now I am here.

And the fur rugs! That sweet white Solitude Rug: Snow Bear. I can't wait until you are mine.

Um, isn't there more furs strewn on furniture, though? I'd like a lot more of those please.
    Edited by Cireous on April 21, 2020 3:38PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any idea if can build out from the patio like at Lucky Cat?

If yes, how high / far?

Ta.
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Any idea if can build out from the patio like at Lucky Cat?

If yes, how high / far?

Ta.

no, there is no outside except for an enclosed patio
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @kind_hero thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback and make this post. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not so much that the Solitude furniture looks too worn, it's that it looks like it has been painted with brown paint, some of which has then worn off.

It has no grain, or patina.

The house looks like it has potential, though.

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The painting " A warm welcome awaits" holds a house that is more in line with what I'm hoping for
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    It's not so much that the Solitude furniture looks too worn, it's that it looks like it has been painted with brown paint, some of which has then worn off.

It has no grain, or patina.

The house looks like it has potential, though.

So, I finally did the prologue quest and the Solitude furniture didn't look as bad as a I thought.

You can even see a bit of wood grain and the occasional knot through the matt, brown finishes on the furniture.

The matt brown finishes don't look as dark, dull and opaque as I had thought, either.

They are lighter and/or more variable and/or warmer toned and/or less muted, when in a well lit room.

Think it definitely does need both max graphics settings and a very well lit room, though.

Which is fine if you have both those things, but less fine if you (and/or your visitors) don't.

In fact, the rooms looked nice, in general - warmer and less grey than other rooms I have seen, so far.

Assuming Proudspire Manor looks warmer in the same way, when well lit, it will be a nice house, despite its slightly less than ideal floor plan

We do need appropriate fireplaces, for it though.

I can't really see the Alinor one working there and the Chiminea stoves, alone, will be a little underwhelming in a house of that size.

owldvIy.png

5fKcWx8.png

RW1lmdI.png

UHzUnze.png

h0ktQCX.png

qHN4RnP.png

hnLB827.png

TovhJoB.png

wSOEiWe.png
    Wish the sweetroll graphics had been upgraded a bit...

PgosxtH.png

iyHMyxJ.png

MJ52E0e.png

4LLo5Dk.png

BSOymJZ.png

arD3BwE.png

c5CW7Vk.png

IRR3kIY.png

flfYEMm.png

2S3MMMG.png

FoF5a5G.png

SzWUlXj.png

w6O2eTe.png

XKDD7Xy.png

G8ccJin.png

kCTAwGt.png

L4yeVXY.png

h13qlSD.png

zgMam8X.png
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 23, 2020 7:03AM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tigerseye - I still find the new furniture to worn or jaded. I looks like old, poorly mantained furniture, the kind of pieces you keep in a workshop and you don't care if you scratch them with tools.

I don't mind this for blue tier plans, but for purple (noble), the surfaces need to be more polished and in better condition.
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    @Tigerseye - I still find the new furniture to worn or jaded. I looks like old, poorly mantained furniture, the kind of pieces you keep in a workshop and you don't care if you scratch them with tools.

I don't mind this for blue tier plans, but for purple (noble), the surfaces need to be more polished and in better condition.

and if you look at the blue furniture, it looks like stuff you would put out in an old run down cabin. Noble needs to be redone, current noble switched to blue and the blue stuff go green.

I love the design of the furniture but because of the worn look, i wont use it