The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What do you hope we get out of Greymoor, Story/Lore wise.

The_Drop_Bear
The_Drop_Bear
✭✭✭
I really hope that they do nord culture and religion justice like they did with the kahjit in elsweyr. Especially expanding the lore on the nordic pantheon since bethesda decided to just go with the imperial one in skyrim.
I also hope they don't just go with the stereotypical drunk barbarian for the nord npcs.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that doesn't make me go "Why didn't I just play Skyrim again for the 100th time?"
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for something that is not Skyrim 2.0 (Or is that 5.0 now?), or Dawnguard 2.0. I want something new that expands the lore, not saying the same thing over again.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We hope to get out Without latency issues, freezes, disconnects, teleports and crashes
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An update or conclusion to Count Verandis' arc, I don't like the idea of him being stuck in Coldharbour.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to get some pizza and beer

:#
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    An update or conclusion to Count Verandis' arc, I don't like the idea of him being stuck in Coldharbour.

Yeah it would be nice to see him again
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not at all interested in Nord stuff. It's all "How I killed a thousand Elves with my big axe", "How I drank Sanguine under the table", "How I bedded the most enormous Giant". And the stories about their menfolk aren't any better.

There are a few topics I'd be interested in that might be in the chapter though...

Reachmen - how the Longhouse Emperors actually managed to take power in the Empire - it seems so improbable. How and why Reachmen became separated from the Bretons and Nedes. Why 2E 582 seems to be a lemming year for Reachmen with them chasing across the whole of north-western Tamriel. Really, anything that gives Reachmen some depth, because at the moment they're just one-dimensional evil villains, there to be killed by the good-guy hero and nothing more.

The Wyrd - origin story, how their magic works, which gods or Princes they follow. How Hag Ravens get like that, and why. Where's their sacred King, and if there isn't one, why not.

Dwemer - so many ruins, yet so few readable documents. Anything that's a dwemer original would be amazing.

Vampires - origin stories for the bloodlines are always interesting.

Antiquities - I'm hoping there'll be a few juicy little snippets of lore attached to some of the objects. It could be anything. Let the Lore Master's imagination run free!
    PC EU
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with pretty much everything here. A nord story won't be complete with out at least one token drunk Viking, but that really shouldn't be the center of the bullseye. I also want to learn more about their religion in this era, since if I understand correctly this is before they've quite assimilated the imperial pantheon to the degree they had in later games, and there is a lot more "hedge cult" stuff going on.

@RaddlemanNumber7 I totally agree on reachmen I've been trying to figure out what their real place in all this is for such a long time.
    Edited by worrallj on April 9, 2020 5:30PM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    .. I also want to learn more about their religion in this era, since if I understand correctly this is before they've quite assimilated the imperial pantheon to the degree they had in later games ..

It is 2E 582 now in ESO, the last known stronghold of the Dragon cult Forelhost fell to the forces of King Harald in 1E 140, 3362 years ago. In 103 years after that the Nords will help Alessia to establish her new First Empire. Shortly after that Alessia declares herself the first Empress of Cyrodiil and the High Priestess of Akatosh, as well. To hold her own folk and the Nord allies together, concessions were made and Empress Alessia instituted a new religion: the Eight Divines, an elegant, well-researched synthesis of both pantheons, Nordic and Aldmeri. This is what came to be the further known Imperial Cult based on the Aedric Faith. The worship of the hawk, wolf, snake, moth, owl, whale, bear, fox and the dragon who were the part of the Dragon Cult (or the Old Ways) began to decline since that time, 3362 years ago, but it will still be strong among the subethnic and religious groups of Nords like the Skaal and the Ternion monks (the ones who cured Jorunn, if you remember it).

So in terms of the Eight Divines cult the Nords have been the Aedric worshipers the same period as the Imperials.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on April 9, 2020 6:41PM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer - so many ruins, yet so few readable documents. Anything that's a dwemer original would be amazing.

To meet Yagrum Bagarn - that would be amazing. These days he must be somewhere in Tamriel searching for clues of the disappearance of his people. My Skiptracers of the Last Dwemer. Yagrum Bagarn in ESO. project is still processing, maybe the Loremaster gives us something epic the way he did during our talks with Sotha Sil.
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not at all interested in Nord stuff. It's all "How I killed a thousand Elves with my big axe", "How I drank Sanguine under the table", "How I bedded the most enormous Giant". And the stories about their menfolk aren't any better.

There are a few topics I'd be interested in that might be in the chapter though...

Reachmen - how the Longhouse Emperors actually managed to take power in the Empire - it seems so improbable. How and why Reachmen became separated from the Bretons and Nedes. Why 2E 582 seems to be a lemming year for Reachmen with them chasing across the whole of north-western Tamriel. Really, anything that gives Reachmen some depth, because at the moment they're just one-dimensional evil villains, there to be killed by the good-guy hero and nothing more.

The Wyrd - origin story, how their magic works, which gods or Princes they follow. How Hag Ravens get like that, and why. Where's their sacred King, and if there isn't one, why not.

Vampires - origin stories for the bloodlines are always interesting.

Antiquities - I'm hoping there'll be a few juicy little snippets of lore attached to some of the objects. It could be anything. Let the Lore Master's imagination run free!

Thats precisely my point though, they need to tell a good nord story and not a boring stereotype.
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    .. I also want to learn more about their religion in this era, since if I understand correctly this is before they've quite assimilated the imperial pantheon to the degree they had in later games ..

It is 2E 582 now in ESO, the last known stronghold of the Dragon cult Forelhost fell to the forces of King Harald in 1E 140, 3362 years ago. In 103 years after that the Nords will help Alessia to establish her new First Empire. Shortly after that Alessia declares herself the first Empress of Cyrodiil and the High Priestess of Akatosh, as well. To hold her own folk and the Nord allies together, concessions were made and Empress Alessia instituted a new religion: the Eight Divines, an elegant, well-researched synthesis of both pantheons, Nordic and Aldmeri. This is what came to be the further known Imperial Cult based on the Aedric Faith. The worship of the hawk, wolf, snake, moth, owl, whale, bear, fox and the dragon who were the part of the Dragon Cult (or the Old Ways) began to decline since that time, 3362 years ago, but it will still be strong among the subethnic and religious groups of Nords like the Skaal and the Ternion monks (the ones who cured Jorunn, if you remember it).

So in terms of the Eight Divines cult the Nords have been the Aedric worshipers the same period as the Imperials.

No the nords didn't start worshipping the imperial cult till between oblivion and skyrim, the alesian one started to take hold but stamped out violently by Wulfharth
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No the nords didn't start worshipping the imperial cult till between oblivion and skyrim, the alesian one started to take hold but stamped out violently by Wulfharth

I haven't written anything regarding the Nords "start worshipping the imperial cult". You've read my post carelessly. Moreover it is my no to you here, mate: the Nords generally have always had their own religion and they've never abandoned it purely in favor of the Imperial way of worship, neither before nor after the first two centuries of the 4th Era.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was never into the Elder Scrolls vampire lore much. There were a few good stories but that's it. So for me, as long as it has a good main story with some entertaining side quests, I'll be happy.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to lore books from the game Skyrim, the Second Era was when the Harbinger Terrfyg made a deal with the witch coven that is the focus of this chapter, and turned the Companions Inner Circle into werewolves.... Can we be involved in that please!?
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    According to lore books from the game Skyrim, the Second Era was when the Harbinger Terrfyg made a deal with the witch coven that is the focus of this chapter, and turned the Companions Inner Circle into werewolves.... Can we be involved in that please!?

That would be really interesting! But I'd doubt it due to several reasons:
    1. Swyk the Long-Sighted (one of the Harbingers) didn't mention anything on Terrfyg in his Great Harbingers, but he did mention Macke, though Terrfyg's deed was not less worthy at least to be mentioned. This might mean Swyk was simply unaware of Terrfyg's existence because he lived prior to him.
    2. Now we have to decide when did Swyk live. There is a very interesting detail in his book I mentioned above:
    The ESO 2E 582 edition of the book states that "Swyk the Long-Sighted was the member of the Circle of Jorrvaskr in the Second Era" and Kyrnil Long-Nose established the Circle after the dark periods of the Second Era.
    But.
    The Skyrim 4th Era edition of the book states that "Swyk the Long-Sighted was the member of the Circle of Jorrvaskr in the 3rd era" and Kyrnil Long-Nose established the Circle after the dark periods in the late second era.
    3. So Terrfyg probably lived not before Kyrnil but after Swyk. If it is the 4th Era edition correct, then Kyrnil lived in the late 2nd Era, Swyk changed him in the 3rd and Terrfyg came after them. If it is the 2th Era edition correct, then Kyrnil lived in the early or middle 2nd Era (the period of the ESO), Swyk changed him in the late part of the same 2nd and Terrfyg came after them.

So, I doubt we'll witness Terrfyg's story, also because, I might be wrong here, we won't see Whiterun and thus Jorrvaskr in the upcoming Chapter. But even if we see the Companions there, I think there are more chances to meet Macke of the Piercing Eyes, a Harbinger known for her great beauty, who was said to have once stared down half an opposing army, then slaughtered the remainder single-handedly and disappeared in her eighth year as Harbinger. She could be a dungeon boss or vice versa, or simply our deeds will be credited to her by Swyk.

Or.. or it will be us, the players, who will form the "string of false and dishonorable Harbingers laid claim to Jorrvaskr", "usurpers" who will be finally killed by Kyrnil Long-Nose. But that's said to have happened after the dark periods of the Second Era, so it's more likely the story has more chances to be about Macke.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Meridia to be featured again in some way. My favorite Prince(tied with Malacath).

Maybe some conflict with the vampires, seeing as they are the spawn of Molag Bal and are undead?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know they are (almost certainly) not a main feature in Greymoor, but I would like a little something on the Falmer. Our Loremaster did say that they may be making an appearance, so a little tidbit of lore, something new, would be very nice.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore about the Snow Elves, even living Snow Elves at some point.

Edited by Ajaxandriel on April 13, 2020 9:12PM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lore about the Snow Elves, even living Snow Elves at some point.

Deffo going to see Falmer in the game as some art and previews has show them. But any non mutated ones, I think they might save that for future content. Maybe a underground city of a closed off grp, trapped in a spell somewhere or they went to an island off Tamriel. Who knows. But Eso is never gunna 100% rule anything out :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they actually look at the lore and make sure the two Kingdoms are distinctly different from one another. I also do hope that when you made a nord character that the Character can choose between East and West Kingdoms and how the NPCs address you is different instead of this one way only treatment.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baltic1284 wrote: »
    I hope they actually look at the lore and make sure the two Kingdoms are distinctly different from one another. I also do hope that when you made a nord character that the Character can choose between East and West Kingdoms and how the NPCs address you is different instead of this one way only treatment.

Hmm.. I have some other opinion. We are outlanders to Nirn, however, every player character can obtain citizenship, become a liege subject, a tribe's friend, etc. through service. How are you supposed to become a Hand of Dres without helping the Grandmaster of this Dunmeri Great House? Or to become a Hand of Almalexia without proving yourself loyal to her when she needs you? Or to become a Champion of Vivec without faithful service to him? You know, that's not just a title - it makes the Buoyant Armigers bring up salute to you when you reach Vivec's Palace, both Archcanon Llevule and Vivec himself call you their friend. A friend of a god! Some rights of citizenship mean you may buy land or houses within the domains of that political entity (e.g. Kragenhome) - you want it to be given for free just because you pressed the button creating a character?.. I think this is not something that should be given to outlanders for free. The same thing is everywhere else. Remember how the Clockwork City citizenship is obtained - why should it be changed due to the thing someone wants to choose between the Eastern and Western Skyrim when creating a character?

If you want to obtain certain treatment, rights, titles, citizenship of some states, you have to earn them. We are outlanders to this world, but can become it's citizens and even much more than just common natives. I like it, though I understand, some players want to obtain everything from the start, but I think is wrong. It is all just like IRL - wherever you come, you have to earn trust of the local people before they adopt you into their ranks, especially those ranks of high esteem.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭

Hmm.. I have some other opinion. We are outlanders to Nirn, however, every player character can obtain citizenship, become a liege subject, a tribe's friend, etc. through service. How are you supposed to become a Hand of Dres without helping the Grandmaster of this Dunmeri Great House? Or to become a Hand of Almalexia without proving yourself loyal to her when she needs you? Or to become a Champion of Vivec without faithful service to him? You know, that's not just a title - it makes the Buoyant Armigers bring up salute to you when you reach Vivec's Palace, both Archcanon Llevule and Vivec himself call you their friend. A friend of a god! Some rights of citizenship mean you may buy land or houses within the domains of that political entity (e.g. Kragenhome) - you want it to be given for free just because you pressed the button creating a character?.. I think this is not something that should be given to outlanders for free. The same thing is everywhere else. Remember how the Clockwork City citizenship is obtained - why should it be changed due to the thing someone wants to choose between the Eastern and Western Skyrim when creating a character?

If you want to obtain certain treatment, rights, titles, citizenship of some states, you have to earn them. We are outlanders to this world, but can become it's citizens and even much more than just common natives. I like it, though I understand, some players want to obtain everything from the start, but I think is wrong. It is all just like IRL - wherever you come, you have to earn trust of the local people before they adopt you into their ranks, especially those ranks of high esteem.

Don't get me wrong I can see your point but if you are born in Skyrim let say you already are a Citizen of that land all your doing is choosing between Western Kingdom or the Eastern one don't get me wrong, if you choose let say Western Skyrim as your place then everything in the East or elsewhere in Tamriel needs be earned first and not given I do agree with that.
    If you are from let say Morrowwind which house and which God of The Tribunal pick and the other houses and Gods treat you different and stuff in there land must be earned and so forth that I agree.
    I cant see you being forging to all of Nirn considering you are making a race of that planet but of which zone (area) like Elswyer North and South pick one and the other and all of Tamriel treats you different do to that choice adds a bit more lore to it.
    I can see for houses and land in the area you pick earn the trust get the house earn more trust get some land earn more trust get this or that, that I can see also but not as a foreigner to your own land just to the point of business and economics.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Yagrum Bagarn with legs and not so fat and sick :D
    And I hope they don’t forget about the falmer ruins... again.
    Edited by This_0ne on April 20, 2020 1:19PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It would work the same way it worked for Elswyer. If your character started out in Elswyer, you weren't earning citizenship, you were a citizen helping out your land to defeat the threat.

If you start a new character in Greymoor, you'll be a citizen helping your king defeat the vampires. Everyone else will be applying for citizenship.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong I can see your point but if you are born in Skyrim let say you already are a Citizen of that land all your doing is choosing between Western Kingdom or the Eastern one don't get me wrong, if you choose let say Western Skyrim as your place then everything in the East or elsewhere in Tamriel needs be earned first and not given I do agree with that.
    If you are from let say Morrowwind which house and which God of The Tribunal pick and the other houses and Gods treat you different and stuff in there land must be earned and so forth that I agree.
    I cant see you being forging to all of Nirn considering you are making a race of that planet but of which zone (area) like Elswyer North and South pick one and the other and all of Tamriel treats you different do to that choice adds a bit more lore to it.
    I can see for houses and land in the area you pick earn the trust get the house earn more trust get some land earn more trust get this or that, that I can see also but not as a foreigner to your own land just to the point of business and economics.

Ah, I understand what you mean, thank you! "..if you are born in Skyrim.." thing - this is what we see differently. Well, we'll see if they ever implement some backstory features into an ES game. What I was not aware of is this:
    If your character started out in Elswyer, you weren't earning citizenship, you were a citizen helping out your land to defeat the threat.

That's something new to me, I didn't know they strayed from the Outlander concept in Elsweyr. Does that option work irrespectively of the race chosen during the character creation, or it works for the Khajiit only? What are the differences from those who started "else where" ;)? Thank you, Starlizard, that was insightful!
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on April 20, 2020 6:03PM
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like it's going to be riding on the curtails of TES5 Skyrim's success
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like it's going to be riding on the curtails of TES5 Skyrim's success

Hope not but if it does then that is there choice from all the years I have been playing this game one thing I learned lore isn't there interest or maintaining it either. Don't get me wrong many of the previous games where in the later 3rd era and not much was written as a fact of source on the 2nd era due to the number of years that have passed, but at least take was is in the regular games into account from what I have seen that hasn't happened.