The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My new pocket home - Snugpod

ermenaa
ermenaa
✭✭✭
I wanted so much a tiny home with good amount of item limit and I found this cute little tree house in the heart of Elden root. It has excellent location - close to wayshrine, traders and Undaunted daily quests NPCs. This is what I made with 200 items limit, i hope you guys like it!

axayynd66c47.png
kofqoy8v3bff.png
c8xcqspd567l.png
6s9u7t6ga9gn.png
ac34e3xvsgj7.png
evioynbq79y3.png
c80vdftbukir.png
y8q32751zghm.png
nz2auolfr3re.png
sotwmbh7ojpu.png
n9h37od1q9ir.png
e95puqfye4sv.png

It's open for visit @ermenaa PC/EU

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nicely done.

You've done especially well with the floor. I've tried something similar myself to get rid of at least the leather flooring but that unusable space near the door is difficult. Your solution can't get past that but looks much better than anything I managed.

And the psijic furnishings work really well with their curvy bits.

What's sad is that this is the closest you can get to Telvanni style mushroom pods. But it has to be cheesed like this, with leather floorings and tusky doors.
  • ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Nerouyn for your good feedback.
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    What's sad is that this is the closest you can get to Telvanni style mushroom pods. But it has to be cheesed like this, with leather floorings and tusky doors.

It is ok even so and we have the "power" of our imagination to redecorate it :smile:

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's is exceptionally well done.
    That house is such a challenge, given it's restrictive size and shape. You have made it look bigger through clever placement.
    Most people use a blocky steps which take up a lot of the limited space but your curved platforms make it an elegant feature.
    Thanks for sharing
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Zypheran. I have said it before that i have learnt a lot from your videos and I got a lot of inspiration from them, so your opinion means a lot :)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ermenaa wrote: »
    It is ok even so and we have the "power" of our imagination to redecorate it :smile:

If you don't mind it, yay you. Seriously.

But it's not ok for me.

Games are an inherently visual medium. It's not that I lack imagination. I still occasionally play muds and for most of my life - when I could afford it - was an avid and voracious reader.

But I can't not see what's in front of me. While I can choose to eg. not be bothered by people on un-TES like super flashy mounts or wearing un-TES like weird skins, I feel like homes are different. They're mine. Me. Anything about their look which I dislike is a fun-killer.

As I said, I think you've done an excellent job with the floor, which you can see in the final image. You've hit that sweet spot of something which looks deliberate and artful rather than a hack job trying to hide something. By aligning the floor the way you have to create an circle out of alignment with the outer wall, and then another with the circular rug on that floor.

Genius.

That floor is one of my long time pet hates about the game and yours is a solution I could happily use.

I still don't think it would look properly Telvanni - which from Morrowind single player is probably my all time favourite digital home. But minus the leather floor I might be able to do something with it.
  • ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Nerouyn , I didn't mean to annoy you! My personal experience shows that every person likes/dislikes different things. For example this home - you /first one/ who liked the floor, other person liked the bookshelf staircase, third - the cabinet of combined 2 mirkmire bookshelves... others didn't say a word - meaning for me they didn't like anything. Same with dislikes. What some find ugly and unpleasant, other find interesting and challenging. I personally didn't like the floor so i changed it, i would change the door way too if i was allowed. But i don't let things i don't like to sadden me or discourage me. I just make things the way i would feel best, and i don't try to impress anyone, just hope there will be people who can be inspired or would see /like/ what i do.
    I am happy you liked the idea for the floor. Cheers!
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    The idea of ​​using shelves to make a staircase is brilliant! <3
    I own this house but I didn't know how to decorate it, and thanks to you, it made me want to try!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work.
    I purely bought mine for location, as you say it's excellent. But you have done mega
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing @ermenaa! Your snugpod looks so cozy!
    Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on April 19, 2020 2:58PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a beautiful home! I have a snugpod as well but mine is decorated quite simply. I never would have thought to be this creative, you've turned it into a cozy, comfy home. Well done!
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My jaw dropped, this is so cozy! Pleasant and well-done!
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all @Mysanne , @Beardimus , @ZOS_Chiroptera , @carly , @kadochka! Thank you very much for the appreciation and the nice comments! :blush:
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is simply stunning. What I love most is the home's simple elegance, not at all cluttered or busy. Like Zypheran, I admire the way you have turned an otherwise bulky staircase into an elegant feature. The idea is so steal worthy!

I know how much time goes into making something look as though it took no time at all. All the elements come together beautifully to create a space that looks effortless. Nicely done!

• ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Sharalei ! I am glad that you have appreciated my efforts. :)