Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we finally use a Xbox One controller?

raffaeleg
raffaeleg
✭✭✭
Yes, another post on this, yet. I don’t understand why on macOS Catalina the gamepad is working very well on every game but with ESO the buttons A-B-X-Y aren’t working at all, and all other buttons are scrambled. Ok I can connect the usb cable and works very well but not very handy to play because the USB port is very loose (I never understood why, I tried with new cables and new controllers) and many times is disconnecting. I’m using the beta 360.controller and I repeat, works with every game except eso. Please do something!
Edited by raffaeleg on January 8, 2020 9:09AM
  • Trincasidra
    Trincasidra
    Soul Shriven
    Bumping this.
    Gamepad just doesn't work on MacOS. All buttons are scrambled up:
    - RB cycles quests (should be D-Pad Right)
    - LB swaps weapons (should be D-Pad Left)
    - Left stick press uses skill 5 (should be RB)
    - Back button jumps (should be A I guess?)
    - Start button crouches (should be Right stick press)
    - Home button does nothing
    - D-Pad (any) does nothing
    - Right stick press does nothing

This is not only in-game, but also on the control mapping options screen.

Only movement and attack/block do work.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed?
  • Trincasidra
    Trincasidra
    Soul Shriven
    Don't think it should make a difference, but tested both with cable-connected and bluetooth-connected Xbox controller (bought from Apple Store - so should be 200% compatible).
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think it should make a difference, but tested both with cable-connected and bluetooth-connected Xbox controller (bought from Apple Store - so should be 200% compatible).

You need the 360.controller driver. Still alpha but usable. You can find on GitHub. But only with cable, even if is wireless, or won’t work. Useless to say it, on Windows is working like charm.
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    raffaeleg wrote: »

You need the 360.controller driver. Still alpha but usable. You can find on GitHub. But only with cable, even if is wireless, or won’t work. Useless to say it, on Windows is working like charm.

You do NOT need a random third-party driver. macOS has this built in. The controller works as intended in other games. It’s only broken in ESO. Zenimax needs to fix this from their side. Suggesting a random third-party driver or a cable is not a solution.

I’ve reported the issue in the bug report forum here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520104/controller-gamepad-support-in-eso-is-broken-on-macos-catalina

Here’s hoping the devs will take notice and fix it soon. I’m dying to sign up for ESO+ but will only do so if the game actually works properly. It’s an awesome game. They just need to pay more attention to the bugs on the macOS game client and actually fix it, or hire a developer who actually knows what they’re doing on the macOS side of things. Broken steam overlay, broken full screen mode, broken controller integration, broken quit sequence. There’s a lot that needs to be fixed.
    Edited by thedavidventer on April 18, 2020 12:50AM
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭

Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

I'd also like to know. Or at least an acknowledgement that Zenimax is aware of the issue and working on fixing it. Some official feedback would be much appreciated.
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • sarhin
    sarhin
    Soul Shriven
    Is months since the community started to raise this claim and they are still not really taking any effort to solve it, I will reproduce my last conversation with them, sorry it is a bit long.

After some previous messages from their side telling me to connect my computer and some other obvious configuration thing I reply to them this:

Customer response on 07/12/2020 08:34 AM
    Hello!

The controller is working and connects properly with my Mac, in other games the controller work with no problem.

I think you are having a problem with the Xbox Elite Controller and some other Xbox controllers in Mac but seems that no one is paying attention. I am not the unique one experiencing this problem and is already some months that it has been there.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/1488866813762212271/
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/507255/can-we-finally-use-a-xbox-one-controller
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497352/controller-templates-not-functional
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520104/controller-gamepad-support-in-eso-is-broken-on-macos-catalina

and no is not a problem with the Apple side, as already mention it does work prefect in other games.

Hope you can help all of us here!
    Thank you
    ________________________________________________________________________________

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 07/12/2020 08:45 AM
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I am escalating your ticket to a specialized team to ensure you receive the best possible resolution of your issue. Thank you for your patience while they review your request, they should be reaching out to you shortly.

If you have any further questions or information regarding this issue, please respond directly to this ticket to ensure the proper team is able to see your response.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,

The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    ________________________________________________________________________________

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 07/16/2020 11:42 PM
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Jonny and I will be discussing this issue with you today.

I do apologize for the delay in response. We are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of tickets at this time and are working our fastest to have these issues addressed and resolved. Unfortunately, Gamepad is not support for the Mac platform as it requires additional third-party software to use. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Warm Regards,
    Jonathan

Hello!

Thanks for your reply but since Catalina the gamepads and specially Xbox bluethoot controllers do not require a third-party software.

In some of the links that I sent some other player already pointed out the problem and add links to possible solutions, follows his comment:

"If any of the developers are looking at this forum, here's how to fix the above-mentioned issue...

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/616/

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/ServicesDiscovery/Conceptual/GameControllerPG/Introduction/Introduction.html

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/ServicesDiscovery/Conceptual/GameControllerPG/IncorporatingControllersintoYourDesign/IncorporatingControllersintoYourDesign.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40013276-CH4-SW4

Please fix this!"

thedavidventer

I hope you take a closer look to this matter.

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 07/17/2020 12:37 PM
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Daiquann, and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

We thank you for this information, know that we have added it to our report and we will pass it along to the proper team for future review and consideration.

If you have any other issues or concerns in the future then feel free to let us know. Have a nice day.

Warm Regards,
    Daiquann

And that was it… I hope they know by now about this problem of that this can help someone not to go crazy as I went when I bought my controller
  • BrokenAccidentalStar
    Has anyone been able to find a workaround for this? I'm pretty disappointed that my controller is functioning perfectly in all other games but this one. :(
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is nearly two years old it is now being closed from further posting. If you need further help on a specific issue, please feel free to start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.