The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console buff bar adjustments and spell/weapon dmg counter

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
Is anyone interested in seeing the devs make some adjustments to our customization options for our HUD? The buff bar is entirely unusable even at its most filtered state, not to mention tiny and you can't prioritize any buff/debuffs.
And an on screen dmg counter would be simply perfect.

Would love to be able to have better options, and with ZoS talking about how the climb to a higher tier is not fun for most players it makes sense to update our methods of tracking damage and effects to be more user friendly. You can't be good at ESO on console until you've played so long you just have an eye for animations and know literally every effect length so you know what's going on. Not asking for a miracle here, just a little bit of help will do.
Edited by ZarkingFrued on March 26, 2020 5:45PM
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    Please do this.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty rough. Having to memorize almost every skill's picture as it constantly fluctuates back and forth across a tiny bar is kind of a pain. It's really bad on classes like magplar where every skill is gold. XD
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty rough. Having to memorize almost every skill's picture as it constantly fluctuates back and forth across a tiny bar is kind of a pain. It's really bad on classes like magplar where every skill is gold. XD

Yeah it's beyond confusion
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree it's almost to the point of unusable. Really wish they would also add Action Duration Reminder function as well. Unfortunately, it does not look like either of these will ever happen. It has been asked for numerous times and ignored as many times but here’s hoping with you.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I agree it's almost to the point of unusable. Really wish they would also add Action Duration Reminder function as well. Unfortunately, it does not look like either of these will ever happen. It has been asked for numerous times and ignored as many times but here’s hoping with you.

Eh the more supporters and awareness we get the better. Might catch on if people get how helpful it would be
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All they need to do is build the add-on "action duration reminder" into the base game. It's very logical that you would see the duration of an ability.... ON the ability. I've completely abandoned the clutter that was s'rendar.

Edit: someone mentioned it above.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 1, 2020 6:39AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Especially when some skills add 2-3+ pictures for the single skill. Just give me the skill picture and let me read what the buffs it provides are.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP, but would also like the flipside: Hardcore mode, No HUD. If I want to remove things, I have to go through the big menu and its too much work for something I really only want to use when im not doing dungeons, or other group content (so imagine having to go through this multiple times in one play sitting, which is literally how I would be using the no hud option, every time Im done with a dungeon? No hud).

I just want a simple option at the top of the menu that can be turned on and off.

Also, more HUD customizations are always welcome.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP, but would also like the flipside: Hardcore mode, No HUD. If I want to remove things, I have to go through the big menu and its too much work for something I really only want to use when im not doing dungeons, or other group content (so imagine having to go through this multiple times in one play sitting, which is literally how I would be using the no hud option, every time Im done with a dungeon? No hud).

I just want a simple option at the top of the menu that can be turned on and off.

Also, more HUD customizations are always welcome.

I'm all about extra customization, and I like your point of the ability to remove HUD options entirely. Would be nice if each hud item had its own customization options including removal
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try tracking toughness cool down lmao..... Have to view buffs from everyone.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • awesomedave55
    awesomedave55
    ✭✭
    Having buff icons that don't match the skills is nonsensical they feel like random tiny pictures. Also I would absolutely love to see a Skill cool down counter. Something that PC players have an add-on for. Would improve everyone's dps capabilities on console.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having buff icons that don't match the skills is nonsensical they feel like random tiny pictures. Also I would absolutely love to see a Skill cool down counter. Something that PC players have an add-on for. Would improve everyone's dps capabilities on console.

I agree completely. I have even seen ZOS use the add-ons when playing thru a dungeon on live before. Despite trying to hide it but not in the last dungeon live play.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone interested in seeing the devs make some adjustments to our customization options for our HUD? The buff bar is entirely unusable even at its most filtered state, not to mention tiny and you can't prioritize any buff/debuffs.

Would love to be able to have better options, and with ZoS talking about how the climb to a higher tier is not fun for most players it makes sense to update our methods of tracking damage and effects to be more user friendly. You can't be good at ESO on console until you've played so long you just have an eye for animations and know literally every effect length so you know what's going on. Not asking for a miracle here, just a little bit of help will do.

so i would say jsut implement srendarr fpr the base game? problem solved
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »

so i would say jsut implement srendarr fpr the base game? problem solved

Is that a PC mod? I'll look into it
  • SpLaTTyDaDDy
    SpLaTTyDaDDy
    ✭✭✭
    For them to think their is an issue they would have to log onto console. Since pc is basically an addonsfest. And we all know zos dont touch consoles they just port to Sony and microsoft on their chosen day and go.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For them to think their is an issue they would have to log onto console. Since pc is basically an addonsfest. And we all know zos dont touch consoles they just port to Sony and microsoft on their chosen day and go.

I definitely feel the Devs don't ever log onto console
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them couldn't if they wanted to last patch, with all the blue screens.