Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vampire bite, how soes it happen?

pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
So there I was a couple days ago, running around in Stonefalls. I've finished all the quests and was just searching for a couple remaining shards. I came to the Plantation, and behind the master's house I was attacked by some pale dude. Being level 17, well above everything in the area, I've dispatched him before I even realized who he was. Only when I went to loot the body I figured out that it was a vamp, although I never heard of any vamps in Stonefalls before.

Anyway, in case I run into one of those buggers again, how does vampire bite happen? Should I just wait and let vamp attack me? Will I be notified when I've successfully contracted vampirism?

Thanks!
"Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • monily360b16_ESO
    As far as I know, the only ones who are able to turn you into a vamp (aside from players) are the Blood Fiends that spawn in The Rift at night. When they hit you they infect you with vampirism and you have to complete a quest in order to fully transform ^^
    Edited by monily360b16_ESO on April 19, 2014 12:08AM
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    as monily said, the only npcs that can infect you with vampirism are bloodfiends in the lvl 40 zones of each faction such as the rift and reaper's march and I have no idea what the lvl 40 zone for daggerfall covenant is :x

These bloodfiends only spawn at night, and are typically hunted by players/guild looking to actively prevent people from getting infected by npcs so they can charge you large quantities of gold for a bite, but who knows you may get lucky.

After being bitten by an NPC you will get a quest from a vampire in the main town of the zone (the one with a bank most likely) to either cure or embrace the disease, or if bitten by a player the quest will start automatically where you are bitten (player bites may only take place in front of where the quest instance is)

Within the vampire quest you will have to kill 10 lvl 42 enemies before receiving the actual vampire skill tree, which players as low as 12 have reported doing it but typically people in the 20s will be able to do it. The quest is solo only so you may not bring a friend to help.
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    These bloodfiends only spawn at night, and are typically hunted by players/guild looking to actively prevent people from getting infected by npcs so they can charge you large quantities of gold for a bite, but who knows you may get lucky

Yeah, I've read a lot about this issue and that's why I was so surprised to see a vampire running around.

Thanks for the useful info. I'm not specifically looking to become a vamp, but if it's a questline and a skill tree then I'll try it sometime later after the number of vamps on server has increased and the price has gone down... Thanks guys!

"Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"