The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to disable the blue dot on the map?

Armodeniz
Armodeniz
When im in a group, there will be a blue dot on the map. Putting mouse on it shows "map ping: my groupmate's name". What does this dot do? it doesn't show the position of my partner, since it is far away from him.
When im in a large group, the blue dots will be all over the map and really annoying. How can i disable them?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a game feature that allows any player in a group to point to a location on the map. People rarely use it for that purpose.

Many addons use this as a way to share information. By placing a map ping at known coordinates, the coordinate can be used as a code to tell other players with the same addon things like your current DPS, or how much ultimate you have to help time Warhorn or Colossus rotations.

I have no idea how to suppress them. I think they are usually placed at locations far off the visible map, so I usually do not even see them. Maybe some addons are able to hide the map pings?
  • Armodeniz
    Armodeniz
    This is a game feature that allows any player in a group to point to a location on the map. People rarely use it for that purpose.

Many addons use this as a way to share information. By placing a map ping at known coordinates, the coordinate can be used as a code to tell other players with the same addon things like your current DPS, or how much ultimate you have to help time Warhorn or Colossus rotations.

I have no idea how to suppress them. I think they are usually placed at locations far off the visible map, so I usually do not even see them. Maybe some addons are able to hide the map pings?

Thanks for your answer. I found a addon names lib mapping, maybe i can use it to solve this problem.