The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Retrofitting] What if they allowed gear to be upgraded through crafting

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
If players could use crafting to upgrade their gear as they level, I think that would take a lot of pressure off newer players to power level to CP160 just so they can farm their "final" gear sets. Loot at all levels would be more relevant. "Memento" named gear pieces wouldn't automatically be trash if they were not gear-cap rated. And it eases the possibility of raising the gear cap when the devs finally get a proper handle on combat.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I was leveling my alt account and hit CP levels, I gained 6 CP doing a single random normal. You spend so little time between CP10 and CP160 (even less now that the curve is further reduced), that I don't think it's needed in my opinion.

That said, I power leveled that alt account, because it had a specific task: do writs, and I wanted 225 CP for the harvesting passive. But I don't get the rush to "power level" for everybody else, enjoy the game. If you're going to do "end game" you still need to practice your rotation, you need to learn the mechanics of the game, and know how your class works and feels, you get that by playing the game, not being dragged through skyreach to get to CP160
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks is right.

Grinding levels is one of the most overrated concepts in the game.

Many players are in mad rush to get to 50 (or CP810) ... but then never participate in the challenging content where being at that level is recommended.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I remember when I was leveling my alt account and hit CP levels, I gained 6 CP doing a single random normal. You spend so little time between CP10 and CP160 (even less now that the curve is further reduced), that I don't think it's needed in my opinion.

If they do inch it up to 170 or 200, I guess people will be overjoyed to have to do vMA 100 more times to get their weapon all over again?
    How about another 100 keys to reroll each shoulder from the Undaunted Chests?
    Many other games don't have the same breadth of gear sources so they can reasonably expect people to re-grind their gear. Here it's multiplied too much.

And retrofitting benefits not just CP levels but all levels.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on April 16, 2020 12:16AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That said, I power leveled that alt account, because it had a specific task: do writs, and I wanted 225 CP for the harvesting passive. But I don't get the rush to "power level" for everybody else, enjoy the game. If you're going to do "end game" you still need to practice your rotation, you need to learn the mechanics of the game, and know how your class works and feels, you get that by playing the game, not being dragged through skyreach to get to CP160

This, pretty much. Even without power leveling as the early points do not cost much.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

If they do inch it up to 170 or 200, I guess people will be overjoyed to have to do vMA 100 more times to get their weapon all over again?
    Many other games don't have the same breadth of gear sources so they can reasonably expect people to re-grind their gear. Here it's multiplied too much.

So you are working to fix something that is not broken yet?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

And retrofitting benefits not just CP levels but all levels.

Why would they change the gear? It's already scaled up to CP160.

Since 1-Tamriel came to the game, and scaling, there is literally no reason to increase the gear cap, since it would all just be scaled to a new value, and no change would occur, other than to royally *** off a whole bunch of people.

I imagine, that if they started with the current system in place, Level 50 would be the gear cap instead, but they already had V16 gear in the game when they made the transition, so CP160 became the "gear cap"
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points