The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roar of Alkosh proc has difficulty hitting the dragons in Sunspire

Suddwrath
Suddwrath
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the bug section, but the Alkosh proc seems to have a very inconsistent hitbox with the dragons. I can use Engulfing Flames and Piece Armor and those hit the boss easily (Pierce Armor still hits even if I'm standing a good distance away from the boss), but for some reason Alkosh will not hit the boss unless you go right up to the ring beneath it (close enough for the boss to knock you back).

@ZOS_Finn is this a bug or intended? Usually it seems that Alkosh and Engulfing Flames have similar hitboxes, so I don't understand why EF can hit the bosses but Alkosh does not. If it is intended, it seems like a bad design because it requires you to get so close that the boss will knock you back and cause you to drop your block just for trying to activate a synergy.
Edited by Suddwrath on May 23, 2019 11:41AM
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    I believe the Combat team is taking a look at these reports.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    I believe the Combat team is taking a look at these reports.

Okay great! Thanks for the update.
  • IreOfOld2002
    IreOfOld2002
    Soul Shriven
    Am fairly certain this is intentional. Nahviintaas is a golden dragon who has taken over the temple of the Sunspire alongside his dragon followers by posing as the Dragon God Alkosh. What kind of an poser would he be if he could be affected by his own roar?
  • Vertilvius
    Vertilvius
    ✭✭✭
    Yea its a bug, you have to be standing in the aura to proc it. Its just better to wear yolnahkriins and torugs as mt til its fixed.
  • Valaroz
    Valaroz
    Edited by Valaroz on June 16, 2019 2:10PM
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    In our grp we have one of the stam characters wearing it like the old days
  • Sigerk
    Sigerk
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been fixed? Sorry for necro
  • WrathOfInnos