Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Master Merchant still working?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
According to both ESOUI.com and Minion the Master Merchant addon hasn't been updated since September 2019. Normally out of date addons don't bother me and I just keep using them unless they noticably break. But I'm starting to wonder if MM is having problems which I just haven't noticed because my use of it is pretty minimal - I only really use it to check prices when buying and selling. The only thing which makes me wonder is that I use Tamriel Trade Centre as well and although the average prices have always been different between the two I feel like recently they've drifted further apart and as I've not joined any new trade guilds it seems likely that the reason is MM being out of date.

Does anyone know if there's problems with Master Merchant's pricing? And if so is there another addon I could use instead? I don't want to rely entirely on TTC because that goes off the prices of items currently for sale, which includes ones that are so absurdly over priced they'll never actually sell and if there aren't many items listed that can throw off it's data.
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to try Arkadius' Trade Tools ( https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1752-ArkadiusTradeTools.html )
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade tools is more for a Trade Guild.

MM works just fine. Well, it still slows down log on and log off, but the addon still works.

Out of date just means a version number miss match, not a problem with the mod.

A mod has issues when it pukes LUA errors all over the place. And these days, that is usually a LIB File issue.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Arkadius' Trade Tools (ATT) is a similar add-on to Master Merchant (MM). They both track prices on items in the guilds you are a member of.

Which ever works best for you is fine. You might also want to look at the Tamriel Trade Center (TTC) addon to augmnet which ever you use. Using ATT or MM with TTC can give you a much better overall view of item prices
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MM is great for popular items like crafting mats or consumables in general that sell consistently so you can more closely follow trends in those items. It's also not bad for medium-volume items such as popular set pieces in popular traits. For rarer items it's good to look at what people are selling them for on TTC so you can price yours accordingly or make sure as a buyer you aren't getting ripped off.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer it if TTC was also based on sales, but on a global level. The same way it records the items people look at in a gstore, it could also NOT add them to the database UNTIL a sale for that item is made. Otherwise market manipulation is just too easy using TTC. It is almost like MM has the functionality we need and TTC has the scope we need. MM needs to drop the "only guilds you are a member of" scope and TTC needs to drop the "only listing prices" function. Man, if I knew how to make addons and had the time...
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer it if TTC was also based on sales, but on a global level. The same way it records the items people look at in a gstore, it could also NOT add them to the database UNTIL a sale for that item is made. Otherwise market manipulation is just too easy using TTC. It is almost like MM has the functionality we need and TTC has the scope we need. MM needs to drop the "only guilds you are a member of" scope and TTC needs to drop the "only listing prices" function. Man, if I knew how to make addons and had the time...
    To add along with MM: ATT ( Arkadius' Trade Tools )
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.