Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stamden Healer?

mainmanM
mainmanM
Noob question here. I'm playing by myself for the most part, and rolled a Redguard Warden planning on being stamina focused. For PvE, I prefer to mix up the weapons and playstyle which is why I went stamina. Thinking ahead though, I would like to play support/heal sometimes in end-game content. Is stamden healer a thing (searches seem to bring up scarce results)? I'm worried to spend my limited skill points on skills & morphs right now while I'm not sure which to take.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can heal/support a lot of content with that setup, @Mainman99, but end game stamina Warden healers aren't in many Trial raids.

My suggestion is enjoy your setup and complete what's fun and challenging for you.

After that, you're likely looking at changing your role for end game (to DPS or tank).

The other option is going Magicka Warden ... which are desired for vet Trials. That option could mean a race change, however, just FYI.

One other note: Stamina Wardens are pretty versatile in PvP if you ever want to try out that playstyle.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 12, 2020 12:20AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The other option is going Magicka Warden ... which are desired for vet Trials.

But a race change wouldn't be needed except in the hardest content.

E.g., the first time I healed nICP I was on an Imperial Magicka DK.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina healing builds don't really work because many core functions of a healer are magicka based. Of course there are some stamina healer out there and you can clear content with it, but it's just really ineffective and you are usually forced to at least go hybrid to have any kind of worthwhile support, since combat prayer, orbs, drain and so on are magicka magicka based and so are the best support sets.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • mainmanM
    mainmanM
    Ah, I see. Thanks, folks. With the 'hybrid' idea, is it more common for Wardens to go dps/supp or tank/supp? Having a hard time at my low level to see where exactly I should be building since they can apparently do all three, haha.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mainmanM wrote: »
    Ah, I see. Thanks, folks. With the 'hybrid' idea, is it more common for Wardens to go dps/supp or tank/supp? Having a hard time at my low level to see where exactly I should be building since they can apparently do all three, haha.

Hybrid tanks and hybrid healers are more common than hybrid DPS for Warden support builds.

Hardest content is what they're referring to in the OP, @FrancisCrawford ... "end game" content.

Which is where they would need a race change if they decide to move to Magicka Warden.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Stamina healing builds don't really work because many core functions of a healer are magicka based. Of course there are some stamina healer out there and you can clear content with it, but it's just really ineffective and you are usually forced to at least go hybrid to have any kind of worthwhile support, since combat prayer, orbs, drain and so on are magicka magicka based and so are the best support sets.
    mainmanM wrote: »

Hybrid tanks and hybrid healers are more common than hybrid DPS for Warden support builds.

Hardest content is what they're referring to in the OP, @FrancisCrawford ... "end game" content.

Which is where they would need a race change if they decide to move to Magicka Warden.

Different people use the term "endgame" differently.
  • mainmanM
    mainmanM
    Thanks, folks. A bit off topic but I did a Normal Random dungeon as 'healer' and used all my Green Balance spells with some bow skills when there was nothing to heal--pretty fun, hehe.

With staves, they scale damage based off of Magicka, but I take it auto-attack dmg is negligible anyway, and you only attack for the regen in Magicka? I take it Resto Staff spells also all scale with Magicka, so they'd be useless to a Stamden healer as the scaling would be so low?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wish all healing skills based off highest stat. This would open the window for stamina healers a lot. Imagine a stamina being able to us the resto line.