The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hammer

MrCal
MrCal
✭✭✭
I just returned to the game and notice this new hammer thing that just breaks through keeps. I'm trying to wonder why it would be added but can't think of a logical reason. So please tell me why this item would be added, Cyrodiil is already filled with large grps who need to work together to get a keep down. Now people seem to only go to search for this instead of actually pvping. This just adds too much ridiculousness and should be nerf'd, at least remove the damage output it gives to players and just keep it for breaking down keeps or have it so if you pick it up you cannot be grp'd with others. But that's just my opinion.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People were complaining that ZOS added nothing new to PvP since IC. So they thought real hard on a way to keep people from asking for anything new ever again. And the game breaking lag hammer was born.
  • MrCal
    MrCal
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    People were complaining that ZOS added nothing new to PvP since IC. So they thought real hard on a way to keep people from asking for anything new ever again. And the game breaking lag hammer was born.

Makes sense, I mean I guess they all sat down and put their minds together to think of something that would cause more lag, take less skill and just ruin what sieging a keep was but decided to add tons of damage to it as well xD
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ha :)

very good, that certainly does explain the situation...

what drives me nuts is that the hammer almost always ends up in the hands of the alliance who has the most numbers/keeps/emp...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simple...
    PVDoor :D
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • MrCal
    MrCal
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

ha :)

very good, that certainly does explain the situation...

what drives me nuts is that the hammer almost always ends up in the hands of the alliance who has the most numbers/keeps/emp...

Yah, but it'll always feel like that, just like it feels like 1vX factions lol.
  • MrCal
    MrCal
    ✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Simple...
    PVDoor :D

HamVDoor ya mean? xD
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avoid the hammer like the plague is my suggestion. Not only is it stupidly OP against players, but it's a lag fest.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrCal wrote: »

Makes sense, I mean I guess they all sat down and put their minds together to think of something that would cause more lag, take less skill and just ruin what sieging a keep was but decided to add tons of damage to it as well xD

You forgot the part where it favors the already advantaged faction with the highest pop.
    Edited by Reverb on April 14, 2020 12:32AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche