Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-on to auto-abandon certain Alchemy daily writs?

Major_Lag
Major_Lag
✭✭✭✭✭
As I've recently moved to PC-NA and started doing crafting writs ASAP - something which I haven't been doing for several months on PC-EU - I quickly noticed something most aggravating:
One of the daily Alchemy writs calls for 3 Corn Flowers. 3 Corn Flowers??? Nah. Nope. No way. Just say NO! Abandon ship!

Now, before I start hacking away at the Daily Alchemy addon to implement such a feature myself - maybe there is already an existing addon which does exactly that, auto-abandon daily alchemy writs which call for blacklisted ingredients? :)

Best Answer

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know of any add-on that auto abandons those writs.

Corn Flower alchemy writs only show up at tiers 1 and 2. Get your alchemy above that and you'll never use corn flower.

You still get a net gain even doing those with Corn Flower, but the margins are smaller. This is why I only do max tier alchemy writs, it's easier to manage, and no corn flower usage! (Now Mudcrab Chitin and Violet Coprinus are a different story...)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to get a net gain on alchemy writs. @tmbrinks is who I think analyzes things like this and they may be able to give actual concrete information on the subject.

As for an existing addon for this, I have not seen such a thing. If there was I would expect to find it in Dolgubon's addon as it is the best I have seen for writs.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The surveys are a net gain over all, even before this event I was up to my eyeballs in alchemy materials and I’m far to lazy to farm this stuff so it’s not like I pick up a lot. It’s like getting an engine started, it sometimes takes a while to get it going but in the end sheer law of averages will put you in profit and daily writs are all about long term averages

As an aside I tend to avoid addons beyond books, quest markers and skyshards simply because they WILL reduce you games performance... and some... well let’s just say that I find it concerning how little oversight they have, god knows what’s in some of these things and yet we freely plonk them on our hard drives...?
    Edited by Integral1900 on April 12, 2020 8:00AM
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I do not know of any add-on that auto abandons those writs.

Corn Flower alchemy writs only show up at tiers 1 and 2. Get your alchemy above that and you'll never use corn flower.

You still get a net gain even doing those with Corn Flower, but the margins are smaller. This is why I only do max tier alchemy writs, it's easier to manage, and no corn flower usage! (Now Mudcrab Chitin and Violet Coprinus are a different story...)
    Thanks, that helps.
    It also explains what I was seeing, and why that was not happening on my fully levelled characters on PC-EU.

So I guess for now I'll just manually abandon those specific writs, until I have gathered enough skillpoints to raise Alchemy on all characters.
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an /abandonwrits command in writ crafter, which abandons all active daily writs. You can also set it to not accept any alchemy writs by choosing turning alchemy writs off in the settings.
    As an aside I tend to avoid addons beyond books, quest markers and skyshards simply because they WILL reduce you games performance...
    Running Chrome or even notepad will cause more performance issues than 95% of add-ons.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »
    There is an /abandonwrits command in writ crafter, which abandons all active daily writs. You can also set it to not accept any alchemy writs by choosing turning alchemy writs off in the settings.
    As an aside I tend to avoid addons beyond books, quest markers and skyshards simply because they WILL reduce you games performance...
    Running Chrome or even notepad will cause more performance issues than 95% of add-ons.

Shrug... I can only go by my experience 😇

Running edge, chrome, note pad or office has no effect on ESO for me. I can play games while ESO runs in the background and it’s not an expensive pc. However reducing addons one by one down to just four has done a lot to improve the game, i don’t pvp so cant say in that regard but it got rid of pve lag for the most part. I wouldn’t go back that’s for sure 🙂