The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change/add to the Emperor conditions to discourage Boosting

• biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In moments of boredom I have traversed the map in order to see what that stray forward camp is placed for, I can assure you boosting goes on, but it is usually for dticks at back keeps not swapping resources.

Try to find the keep they are using on your faction and leech "their" ap, and wait for the nastygrams. :wink:

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In moments of boredom I have traversed the map in order to see what that stray forward camp is placed for, I can assure you boosting goes on, but it is usually for dticks at back keeps not swapping resources.

Try to find the keep they are using on your faction and leech "their" ap, and wait for the nastygrams. :wink:

Most people who talk about "boosting" don't really have any idea what it really is.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder, as we've removed some posts, that it’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is Emperor on the Standard campaign which is generally empty for most days. All they have to do is come in with a large group and take the map everyday, which is easy since there is little to no opposition. On the Alliance-Locked campaign, I guarantee you, those that get Emp, hardly every sleep. Our current Emp has been playing gross hours to get and stay ahead of other players. So depending on what Campaign you play, is whether or not Emp is easy to achieve.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Emperor on the Standard campaign which is generally empty for most days. All they have to do is come in with a large group and take the map everyday, which is easy since there is little to no opposition. On the Alliance-Locked campaign, I guarantee you, those that get Emp, hardly every sleep. Our current Emp has been playing gross hours to get and stay ahead of other players. So depending on what Campaign you play, is whether or not Emp is easy to achieve.
    ^ This ^

A few months ago on PC-EU Kaal, the player with 2nd place on the leaderboard was complaining that despite playing for 17 hours per day (!!!), the then-current emp had over 2 million AP more than him.
    Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

OTOH, one of my fellow guildies (in a rather laid-back, casual oriented guild) got his emperorship in the 7-day campaign a couple weeks before it closed.
    He just did a bunch of solo AP grinding over the weekend for the 1st place, then asked others in the guild to help in claiming the ring keeps.
    IIRC there were about 8 of us in the group, mostly players of average skill, and we rolled the map in roughly 2 hours. There was a bit of opposition, but nothing show-stopping by any means.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The emperor should be an elected position.
    The emperor should be an elected position.

I'd say it's a misnomer to think unlocked is easy, as on a low pop unlock like noCP now AP feeders/boosters can clock up millions of AP in a few hours. Basically locking out that campaign for a month.

Basically we need ZOS to prevent or at least check the people up to no good. Be it lock or unlock or feeding / boosting AP etc.

They need to moderate the game as well as they do this forum @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been around for awhile and I can say it’s always someone that thinks people are boosting but some people are just good at getting ap. I remember being in buff campaigns getting 500k-700k a day ap farming the dominant faction, that was before they doubled ap. They’ve made ap even easier to obtain these days so I’m confident that someone that knows what they’re doing can easily go up millions.

Note: Some people do boost but simply being up by millions isn’t necessarily an indication of it.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • FatherDelve
    FatherDelve
    ✭✭✭
    Been around for awhile and I can say it’s always someone that thinks people are boosting but some people are just good at getting ap. I remember being in buff campaigns getting 500k-700k a day ap farming the dominant faction, that was before they doubled ap. They’ve made ap even easier to obtain these days so I’m confident that someone that knows what they’re doing can easily go up millions.

Note: Some people do boost but simply being up by millions isn’t necessarily an indication of it.

Or they just take every 5 minutes those defensive ticks, after killing miraculous 7 out of 8 people sieging a keep at 3 am, rezzing those dudes and loosing those dudes 5 minutes later again. Especially in Standard.

We should call them the Castle Brindle/Black Boot or Bloodymayne Emperors.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or they just take every 5 minutes those defensive ticks, after killing miraculous 7 out of 8 people sieging a keep at 3 am, rezzing those dudes and loosing those dudes 5 minutes later again. Especially in Standard.

We should call them the Castle Brindle/Black Boot or Bloodymayne Emperors.

Well that’s also a problem with trying to get emp in off campaigns , it attracts people who want to get emp in the easiest ways even if that means exploiting the system.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.