Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you looking for a new PvP home elsewhere

Giljabrar
Giljabrar
✭✭✭✭
Just getting a feel for the community, call it a ZoS/Cyrodil approval rating. Just want the devs to understand that in the current state of the game, majority of players I know are looking for something different because of server performance.

Are you looking for a new PvP home elsewhere 87 votes

I am planning to leave ESO for another title
18%
martinhpb16_ESOStillianEnkiltwitch_zeroWildWilbursirstongitch2EirellaxylenaVaohvamp_emilyNelothTragedyOAmidgetfromtheshireRevokusLoreToo 16 votes
ESO PvP is my home forever
6%
Tiara_RaDefiltedWildRaptorXjohnjetauealdwinTsunahmie 6 votes
I would stay and PvP if it were actually playable
68%
moonsugar66GilvothSynozeerSoul_DemonCresIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOZealandtechnohicDelsskiabooksmcreadElsonsoj3crowEightpeaksKinetiksKartalinKnightpantherSorisRin_SenyaTBoisSaepio 60 votes
Other (please elaborate)
5%
Iruil_ESOdennissomb16_ESOAhPook_Is_HereCasulChimpyChumpy 5 votes
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best combat of any game I've ever played.

Even PvE is intolerable on PCEU as instances get more laggy the longer they are open.

I've done Cadwells gold and explorer achievements for the past 2 weeks as it's too depressing to PvP at the minute.
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Then there are the odd decisions ESO's combat team makes, like adding cast times to ultimates...which no players were asking for. I mean of all the things they can work on to make the game better, why spend resources adding cast times to ultimate?

*EDIT* Dang, got corporate censored. Well to try and toe this line, I tried to contrast the pros and cons of two games, ESO being one and For Honor being the other. When it works, I really enjoy ESO's large scale PvP experience that is Cyrodiil. With For Honor there is no large scale PvP (just arena 4v4), but it does have the best weapon combat I've yet experienced. So pros and cons with both games, as with most aspects in life. I think that's a reasonable statement to make without getting censored.

[Edit to remove advertising]
    Edited by wildbear247 on April 9, 2020 2:46PM
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is nice but if i can't play in primetimes due to lag i wouldn't play at all.

Edited by [Deleted User] on April 7, 2020 8:31PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most pvp players found new games years ago.

Edited by [Deleted User] on April 7, 2020 8:31PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those pointing to New World. Guess what, it doesn't have open world PvP. It has scheduled 50 vs 50 BG guild capture the castle match. It's based around controlling a trade vender for guilds. Instead of having a blind bide for the vender, they have the guilds fight over them.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    For those pointing to New World. Guess what, it doesn't have open world PvP. It has scheduled 50 vs 50 BG guild capture the castle match. It's based around controlling a trade vender for guilds. Instead of having a blind bide for the vender, they have the guilds fight over them.

Well at least skills might fire over there.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

New World doesn't use skills. They use aimed weapon attacks. No animation canceling, each attack has to be aimed. The bunny hopping kids will love jumping around.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New World doesn't use skills. They use aimed weapon attacks. No animation canceling, each attack has to be aimed. The bunny hopping kids will love jumping around.

ESO doesn't use weapons they use aimless skill attacks. animation canceling, each skill doesn't have to be aimed, the bunny hopping kids love jumping around.

see how that didn't really work? ESO pvp is just as bad as New worlds by your words.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirston wrote: »

ESO doesn't use weapons they use aimless skill attacks. animation canceling, each skill doesn't have to be aimed, the bunny hopping kids love jumping around.

see how that didn't really work? ESO pvp is just as bad as New worlds by your words.

Nice try.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirston wrote: »

Nice try.

2110_RoryWink.png
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    On an extended break for now. Have always planned to switch to Camelot Unchained but that is looking more and more like a distant dream.

I know a lot of people are talking about New World since it is releasing in May but I have reservations about a game that spent years in development as a PvP gank fest that is now thinking they can switch to a more traditional MMO a couple months before release........ maybe I will try it in a year.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    I don't think of games as homes, I think of them as timeshares.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think of games as homes, I think of them as timeshares.

B-I-N-G-O
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon just sent an email saying that New World’s release date is pushed back to August 25th. 😞
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    Probably going to load up dark souls 3 and do another run through of that until they give me another no-CP alliance locked campaign. no-CP IC is alright but there is more PVE farmers there then PVPers.
    PvP needs more love.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    The grass isn't greener on the other side for long.

See you all when you get back.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poll is meaningless and will not provide any indication of how people feel. People say they are quitting all the time and often it is meaningless. Some never quit but like to talk a good story while others quit long ago but still frequent the forums and say they are quitting. Granted, one has to wonder why they still frequent the forums, did they really quit long ago of just talking up a good story like the first group.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please elaborate)
    idk wrote: »
    The poll is meaningless and will not provide any indication of how people feel. People say they are quitting all the time and often it is meaningless. Some never quit but like to talk a good story while others quit long ago but still frequent the forums and say they are quitting. Granted, one has to wonder why they still frequent the forums, did they really quit long ago of just talking up a good story like the first group.

Also to add quitting =/ taking a break from PvP.

Once they add a no-CP campaign I would be back as fast as I left.
    PvP needs more love.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Granted, one has to wonder why they still frequent the forums, did they really quit long ago of just talking up a good story like the first group.
    I can only speak for myself. Having played ESO for thousands of hours over 5 years, I still have some interest in its developments. Especially because I know people who still play and read discussions about it in Discord.
    The grass isn't greener on the other side for long.

See you all when you get back.
    It's one thing to say that to a disgruntled player of an otherwise successful game or even a PVE ESO player, but ESO AvA is an objectively broken and failed game that already bled the vast majority of its players, who unlike me, won't ever return. I would say that for a long time, the majority in Cyrodiil have actually been PVE focused players there for unlocks -- not just skills, but dyes, costumes, furniture etc...

I think the cynicism towards New World is totally valid. Its launch has paralells to ESO which should make people feel uncomfortable.
    Edited by zyk on April 10, 2020 1:00AM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love ESO PvP (the combat system, the Cyrodiil map, non-faction locked campaigns) and would stay for many more years if they just fixed the performance.

It's so sad to see the population shrink, the motivation of friends erode and guilds struggle or fall apart because of the performance that has been less than it should be for a long time and is very poor recently.
    Edited by MipMip on April 16, 2020 10:56AM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    1/2 of my raid already moved to other games cause they like to press some skills or weapon attacks u know
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The performance is beyond bad, but even worse than that may be the "balance." CP PvP since Elsweyr is probably the worst PvP I have ever come across for a number of reasons.

No CP doesn't lag, but it's so tilted towards stam it's beyond ridiculous.

You know, let me stop before I have a huge wall of text... It's BAD all around. It just...

It's so bad I have to logout the forums. I can't.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be playing this game if it functioned. I dont want to go into a fight and have a dice roll on who gets the most abilities to work at the right time with only numbers of players present tipping the odds.

I'm just biding my time with some solo games and VR until a fix or a suitable PvP game pulls me in long term.