Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

It is viable?

Ximinetto
Ximinetto
✭✭✭
I have the intention to buy the elsweyr upgrade for unlock the necromancer class at the end of the month. I want to be some kind of lineage 2 dark avenger,back in the days before it turns free to play. So i will select the nord race,heavy armor,weapon and shield as my main weapon set,all points into health and the bone tyrant necromancer tree.

My question is: is viable what i will try to be? I can run some 4 man dungeons at least at end game?

Now that there is the necromancer class,i have one reason to return to the game.

Thanks for read this and hope you can answer the questions.
Edited by Ximinetto on April 8, 2020 7:57PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you will be welcome in most endgame content with that build. You’re essentially describing a Necromancer tank. As a Nord you’ll have the best Ultimate gen of any race, and Necro happens to have the best Ultimate ability in the game, Colossus provides Major Vulnerability, increasing everyone’s damage by 30% for 8s. Add in Necrotic Potency, Minor Heroism (from potions or Heroic Slash), and a Decisive weapon and you’ll be an Ultimate machine.

Just make sure you slot a taunt ability so you can hold aggro on the dangerous enemies. Any build that wears heavy armor and holds a shield ends up obligated to do this job. That doesn’t mean you can’t add some damage skills of your own, as well as buffs and debuffs.
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you will be welcome in most endgame content with that build. You’re essentially describing a Necromancer tank. As a Nord you’ll have the best Ultimate gen of any race, and Necro happens to have the best Ultimate ability in the game, Colossus provides Major Vulnerability, increasing everyone’s damage by 30% for 8s. Add in Necrotic Potency, Minor Heroism (from potions or Heroic Slash), and a Decisive weapon and you’ll be an Ultimate machine.

Just make sure you slot a taunt ability so you can hold aggro on the dangerous enemies. Any build that wears heavy armor and holds a shield ends up obligated to do this job. That doesn’t mean you can’t add some damage skills of your own, as well as buffs and debuffs.

Good!!! Now i must wait till the end of the month for play teso :(
    Edited by Ximinetto on April 9, 2020 1:57AM
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    I have one more question related to my build. It is viable in PvP or mass PvP? Remember that i will choose the bone tyrant skill tree,not the grave lord,so the ultimate gives me extra health.

Also the scythe restores my health,just like the drain skill of the dark avenger of lineage 2. I want to be closest to this type of tank.

Necromancer tanks are viable in PvP or mass PvP too?

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ximinetto wrote: »
    Necros have some of the highest mitigation possible, so yeah, they are definitely viable as tanks. Having said that, tanks in PvP are just an annoyance and nothing more. You'll most likely be ignored until you're the last player left. Sounds like fun, right?

• Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Ok i read all i wanted to know.

Now i must wait sadly.

Edited by Ximinetto on April 9, 2020 4:45AM
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Also i will choose the living death skills on my second bar for my necromancer tank. The ressurrection ultimate and the healing skills can be useful.
    Edited by Ximinetto on April 9, 2020 6:23AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one more question related to my build. It is viable in PvP or mass PvP? Remember that i will choose the bone tyrant skill tree,not the grave lord,so the ultimate gives me extra health.

Also the scythe restores my health,just like the drain skill of the dark avenger of lineage 2. I want to be closest to this type of tank.

Not sure about how good Necro tank is in PvP. You’ll be better off mixing in some skills from multiple skill lines though, no reason to stick to only Bone Tyrant.
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭

Not sure about how good Necro tank is in PvP. You’ll be better off mixing in some skills from multiple skill lines though, no reason to stick to only Bone Tyrant.

Yes i will choose the living death skill line skills on my second bar. The ressurrection ultimate and the healing skills can be useful if i am the last guy stand up. With this,i feel playing a dark templar of age of conan PC game.

• Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Well,till i can play,it can pass days. So till then,i will try new loadouts for my necromancer on a skill calculator webpage.

Edited by Ximinetto on April 10, 2020 12:53AM
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭

I'd say yes. Take a look here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=YScJJSb7-PI
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Alamakot wrote: »

I'd say yes. Take a look here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=YScJJSb7-PI
    It is a stamina necromancer with heavy armor..
    Edited by Ximinetto on April 14, 2020 12:16AM