The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 Mag Necro questions.

RaptorRodeoGod
RaptorRodeoGod
✭✭✭✭✭
How much dps would one be losing by switching from a melee rotation to a ranged rotation?

Also, how much dps does one lose by using an Argonian over a High Elf?

I play on Xbox so I dont have a combat metrics or access to pts. I'm trying to find out how far my character decisions are setting me back.
Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
---
Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Melee to ranged as in bow/bow or magicka based?
    Agaik race choice makes little difference, just night to have
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro/Destro, using Blastbones every 3rd gcd vs every 4th.

Race must account for something, right? Is the increase in magicka and spell damage from High Elf negligible?
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Sorry, a lot of auto correct there. Personally speaking I'm a bit ocd, so I will always take the race with the best stats for my class, and that's in any game it applies. I sub for plus and that has been the use of a 3rd of my crowns, race changes lol, I guess it's upto you to decide if the small gain is worth the crowns.

As for the combat metrics, are you aware that target dummies will give you dps?
    So you could try your current build a couple of tries, take the average fps and then try the ranged build and compare the 2.