The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should provisioning writ boxes give perfect roe?

Wrecking_Blow_Spam
Wrecking_Blow_Spam
✭✭✭✭✭
The Ambrosia fragments have been outdated for ages and you can buy the recipe for 10k, shouldn't they just remove them or additionally add Roe?

All other craft boxes can reward legandary mats when possible (except alchemy), so wouldn't it make sense to have perfect roe as a drop in provisioning?

I understand it could devalue anglers, but could make the drop rates lower than the other professions. Thoughts?
Xbox one EU
8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
Doesn't stand in red
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ambrosia Fragments aren’t outdated for new players, @Wrecking_Blow_Spam.

There are other game features that cater to end game crafters ... such as Provisioning Master Writs and Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are other game features that cater to end game crafters ... such as Provisioning Master Writs and Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia.

There's so many the market is flooded, they seem quite outdated imo. They could Keep them, but I don't see the harm in adding roe
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's so many the market is flooded, they seem quite outdated imo. They could Keep them, but I don't see the harm in adding roe

You said it yourself ... the change would harm the game's fishermen (and fisherwomen).

If ZOS made a change every time a forums thread popped up about the game economy, they wouldn't have time to work on new content.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of straight adding perfect roe if they wanted to go this route it'd make more sense to add 1-4 fish granted on completion with a chance to get roe from filleting. The reason the amount of fish is so low is because many people use daily writs to supplement their gold and to get surveys/master writs from them.

The fish granted would directly correlate with someones Provisioning capability; Recipe Quality. Keep in mind these are free fish for something players do anyway so there is no reason to make the amount of them enormous; on a fully f2p account without using crowns at all you can still do 9 provisining writs with all alts bringing the total (if all 50 provisioning) to 36 fish which using averages comes out to around 0.36% chance to get one a day. (The drop chance in 1 in 100).

So yeah with all that said no I don't think any of this is necessary; many people don't need to use BiS foods or EXP pots. BiS foods are more for people who are wanting to push leader board ranking and so require it to get the extra little squeeze out.
    Edited by Kittytravel on March 20, 2020 10:48PM
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    You said it yourself ... the change would harm the game's fishermen (and fisherwomen).
    This would be my main concern. We don't need anything else to discourage people from fishing, and this is currently the only tangible reward for that activity outside of achievements.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All other craft boxes can reward legandary mats when possible (except alchemy), so wouldn't it make sense to have perfect roe as a drop in provisioning?

True but the usage is different. The other gold mats are routinely used for gold writs and just upgrading gear. Perfect Roe, not so much, although there are 40-voucher writs that need it. And you only need 2, compared to 8 for the other types.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 30, 2020 6:33AM
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Resurecting to say I got one perfect roe in a jubilee box so there's that at least.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resurecting to say I got one perfect roe in a jubilee box so there's that at least.

So did I, my first ever one :D
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red