Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Writ Clarification?

Daenyres
Daenyres
✭✭
I have a level 15 crafter and when I go to pick up daily writs , they say they are my level (15) but the ingredients are way over my level. For example, I have a level 40 templar, and she just started harvesting dwarven ore, spidersilk, etc. so i'm guessing level 40ish tier mats. However, when I log onto my Nightblade , who is level 15, she has writs for dwarven ore swords, etc. But she shouldn't , right? because she's not high enough to harvest those in the world. My level 15 crafter is in her 20's in blacksmithing/carpentry, etc. I feel like the computer is going off my highest adventure level character (who does not craft) instead of the adventure level of my crafter. I'm sorry if this is confusing, it's hard to explain. Long story short, I can't do my crafting writs because it asks for mats I don't have bc they're over my level. And yes I have a crafting bag but my level 40 just started getting some of those items like dwarven ore, and I have zero hickory. So it's misreading my mat tier or something. Shouldn't my writs be for maple and iron, not hickory and dwarven ore? Can anyone pls clarify?
We are all but dust and shadows.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writs you get are based on the level of your passive on the character. You can have a level 6 character do max level writs (if you had the skill points)

The materials you find in the world will be split 50/50 between your character level and your crafting level.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writs go by the number of points you have invested in the relevant crafting tree and aren’t connected by your character level.

Each time you invest a point in the tree which allows you to craft something of a higher level then your writs are set to that level.

For alchemy it’s solvent proficiency
    For blacksmithing it’s impacting by metalworking
    For clothing it’s tailoring
    For enchanting it’s potency improvement
    For jewellery it’s engraver
    For provisioning it’s recipe improvement
    And for woodworking it’s woodworking

These points also impact what returns you get from nodes you harvest as well. So if you have a max level character but no points ins metalworking then you will have a chance to get either rubedite ore or iron ore. Whereas if you have metalworking maxed out then you will always get rubedite.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Materials drop at two levels: the level you can craft, and the level you can use. A crafting character may be able to make items they can not wear or use, but they satisfy writs.