The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How useful is Major evasion for PVE?

Stx
Stx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,

I was wondering if some experienced pve players could share how common it is for bosses in dungeons to use area attacks vs single target. I am getting my nightblade set up for soloing and was trying to decide how useful mirage might be vs other defensive options.

Thanks
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quite a few dungeon bosses use atleast one AoE attack, you are still better off just Walking out of them tho.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For soloing, what's probably gonna get you is the single-target attacks. AoE damage is common, but meant to be stepped out of. It depends on what content you'll be doing, mag or stam, and whether you'll be using a different Shadow skill to proc Major Resolve or not
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly, it’s not worth slotting. Even for solo. You’re better off to do anything else.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a PvPer and don't play vet trials, though I do vet dungeons and arenas from time to time as a tank. I like wearing Bahraha's Curse, a set Gilliam the Rogue once recommended for that purpose. Many if not all ground AOEs apparently qualify as traps and the set gives you 40% reduction, last I checked. I assume it stacks with Major Evasion.

I like it, because as a tank your movement is impaired while blocking and you also want to keep the boss in one place for player ground AOEs and monster sets, such as Ilambris, to be effective. The combination allows you to stay in red where, otherwise, even a tank might not do that.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Hello,

I was wondering if some experienced pve players could share how common it is for bosses in dungeons to use area attacks vs single target. I am getting my nightblade set up for soloing and was trying to decide how useful mirage might be vs other defensive options.

Thanks

Depends on the build. Like Bahrahas and Evasion or Deadly Cloak work nice together. Mirage is even better since it buffs mitigation. It can give you time to do damage and/or analyze the situation. It helps when doing content with a lot of ranged. Like end of banished cells. There are plenty archers and mages and you cant get out of all red. Tempest Island has some moving weather reds etc. There are other builds outhealing it or you move/dodge a lot and fast or just burn the problem. It really depends on build and how you like to play solo.
    Edited by mague on April 7, 2020 6:32AM