The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to ask add Cost Increase Mechanics (Streak like) for next abilities...

• ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around bashing and baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Guys, I'm serious, sure these things can be frystrating first time, but in general, it's improvement of gameplay.

What is improved gameplay for one is a poor move for others.

Cleanses seem to be your biggest issue yet that has clearly not been much of an issue for many as it rarely comes up in the game.

Cloak has numerous hard and soft counters that work extremely well. Start using them if you run solo. If you run in a small group a good leader should be making sure certain beneficial skill is used and a good hard counter is something they can require. Ofc, it has to be a player willing to use it.

Man, i'm not new one. i do all this from different sides of combat, at al classes.
    I'm not a content creator, but an analyst and builds creator for many many years.
    I talk about holes in the system, where counters are or too weak or doesn't exist at all.
    these things allow too much, breaking balance in general.

I'm personally, not a fun of easy ways.
    it very hard to see me enjoying some cheezy things because become bored of them too quickly.
    But when way become too hard in a bad way - like a fighting vs windmills for a known prototype of Сadwell - it's a time to create discussions.

All that is great. However, you have not properly demonstrated an actual need for this change and considered all angles. First off, I have never seen a need to use cleanses back to back to back to back to back. Second of all, if I found a need to use cleaned that often I would probably have multiple people slot various cleanses. Both make giving them the sorc streak treatment pointless.

Further, Cloak has numerous hard and soft counters that work extremely well making the need to give it the sorc streak treatment completely unnecessary. If the NB is not very skilled they are not going to move very far so they are pretty easy to find much of the time. If the NB is skilled they are not a one-trick wonder to start with and should be more challenging to conquer just like any other skilled player.

Further, the OP pretty much just says you want these skills changed in this manner but gives no actual justification. Maybe you can edit the OP to explain what challenges you are having with these cleanses and the use of counters for cloak. If worthy it would give Zos a reason to look at the idea. Just a thought.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. Your idea is very boring.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloak is sometimes a super bad skill so no. When it isn't a bad skill is when you just need to slot an ability to counter.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Cloak is sometimes a super bad skill so no. When it isn't a bad skill is when you just need to slot an ability to counter.

is and will be are a different things. I asked not only for fatique mechanics, I asked for the precise base costs, and for changing Detection potions mechanics. It has many counters and and incredible amount of bugs which were fixed than again returned than again and again and unintentionally broke invisibility with ridiculous actions in combat like light attacks or sload semblance.
    If your car is bad today, tomorrow if repaired it can be good.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on April 8, 2020 4:34AM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So prety much butcher all the unique class skills in the game. Wow.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK main I'm guessing? You just glossed right over wings lmao
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »
    DK main I'm guessing? You just glossed right over wings lmao

read my signature.
    (and, my first character created is nightblade argonian, have no main)
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on April 8, 2020 4:32AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

is and will be are a different things. I asked not only for fatique mechanics, I asked for the precise base costs, and for changing Detection potions mechanics. It has many counters and and incredible amount of bugs which were fixed than again returned than again and again and unintentionally broke invisibility with ridiculous actions in combat like light attacks or sload semblance.
    If your car is bad today, tomorrow if repaired it can be good.

As you mention, Zos has broken cloak multiple times to where it was unreliable and recently one counter did not work well. That is not a justificaion for the changes you suggest as counters have worked very well except for that one exception and are extremely likely to continue to work well.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk you make some excellent points, but as a long time staminaNB I have to disagree. I definitely think there should be a fatigue placed on shadowy disguise, the skill by itself is not bad, but that’s just one skill in a vacuum, what makes shadow disguise effective is using it conjunction with shadow image, speed pots/RAT. Please keep this in mind when you read the next part. Shadowy disguise does not exist in a vacuum.

I personally don’t think nerfing the skill is the answer — my first suggestion is to revert changes to marked target, increase the duration to 8 or 10 seconds, they should have never reduced it in the first place, it was the best hard counter to cloak. Another idea is to actually make mage light and camo Hunter better. That could be increased radius detection longer reveal duration ect. While you do make good points about the counters to shadow disguise those only typically work in group play on a Nb that doesn’t have a source of expedition, and doesn’t use shade strategically.

Now if it were to get a nerf, instead of a full blown cost increase with each consecutive use, I would attach the fatigue to health threshold; if player is below 50 percent health then shadowy disguise starts to cost more. Not only does this idea implement more strategy to its use, I find it would be more rewarding for all players involved.

As it is i can practically be untouchable, which is fine there is definitely a lot happening that makes higher level NB one of the most annoying classes in the game, and it isn’t an easy feat, I sacrifice max resource pool for higher regen in across the board. Even as a stamblade and tristat potions my stam and mag recovery sit at about 2.3k and 1.5 unbuffed.

Also all the counters you listed only work on NB who are willing to engage at a closer range. The trash NB gankers not so much.

But regardless — Cyrodiil needs to be fixed first and foremost. Lol.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    @idk you make some excellent points, but as a long time staminaNB I have to disagree. I definitely think there should be a fatigue placed on shadowy disguise, the skill by itself is not bad, but that’s just one skill in a vacuum, what makes shadow disguise effective is using it conjunction with shadow image, speed pots/RAT. Please keep this in mind when you read the next part. Shadowy disguise does not exist in a vacuum.

I personally don’t think nerfing the skill is the answer — my first suggestion is to revert changes to marked target, increase the duration to 8 or 10 seconds, they should have never reduced it in the first place, it was the best hard counter to cloak. Another idea is to actually make mage light and camo Hunter better. That could be increased radius detection longer reveal duration ect. While you do make good points about the counters to shadow disguise those only typically work in group play on a Nb that doesn’t have a source of expedition, and doesn’t use shade strategically.

Now if it were to get a nerf, instead of a full blown cost increase with each consecutive use, I would attach the fatigue to health threshold; if player is below 50 percent health then shadowy disguise starts to cost more. Not only does this idea implement more strategy to its use, I find it would be more rewarding for all players involved.

As it is i can practically be untouchable, which is fine there is definitely a lot happening that makes higher level NB one of the most annoying classes in the game, and it isn’t an easy feat, I sacrifice max resource pool for higher regen in across the board. Even as a stamblade and tristat potions my stam and mag recovery sit at about 2.3k and 1.5 unbuffed.

Also all the counters you listed only work on NB who are willing to engage at a closer range. The trash NB gankers not so much.

If you aren't willing to accept that most fights will inevitably need to be in close range, you will likely see little success with NB.

And that's where the counters work, as they should. You shouldn't be able to see me coming 28m away.

The exception is of course the NBs "being successful" against players on horses. And Cloak isn't even the issue with this as most do it crouched.
    Edited by brandonv516 on April 8, 2020 7:31PM
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @brandonv516 not sure what you mean m8, I am a brawler blade, dw and 2h.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I get it my bad, yeah the counters “work” which is great WHEN they do. But with the mobility NB has between shadowy disguise, shadow image, and RAT (or source of speed) even when I do engage I’m often laughing at the clowns desperately trying to pull me out of stealth.

Nobody is asking for 28m detection, in fact I’m not asking for any nerf (if they were to implement one, and they will, I’d rather have something other than a blanket nerf hence the suggestion), what I am asking for is them to revert marked target to a longer duration or to make what counters exist better at what they do, as it is right now there are times when I am fighting and I know for fact their counter isn’t working as intended.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you make some excellent points, but as a long time staminaNB I have to disagree. I definitely think there should be a fatigue placed on shadowy disguise, the skill by itself is not bad, but that’s just one skill in a vacuum, what makes shadow disguise effective is using it conjunction with shadow image, speed pots/RAT. Please keep this in mind when you read the next part. Shadowy disguise does not exist in a vacuum.

Not sure how being a stamNB makes any difference as that seems to be your biggest reason for wanting fatigue added to cloak but you do not bother to explain how that is relevant.

I suggest it is completely immaterial what class you play. PvP in this game was designed to be group-based. Even BGs are 4v4v4 so the class on person plays or if it is stam vs mag makes no difference. A good group leader will organize skills across the group which is the first and most important point that makes your choice of build beside the point. Not to leave out there are stam based counters available to the NB.

If the excuse is I run solo then that is equally beside the point. First I would point you to my explanation that PvP in this game is designed to be group-based. Second, I would say when one chooses to run solo they make a choice to have less available to them. If they chose to not swap out a skill to have a cloak counter available to them then that is just to bad. It is when I run solo I often slot a cloak counter and use it effectively. If I do not have one slotted when a NB cloaks then oh well, it was my choice.

Edit: As for most cloak counters working only close range then I have to ask why are you running a ranged only build in PvP. Most fights I have seen have been close-ranged unless someone is up on a wall. Either way. go after them if you want to kill them.
    Edited by idk on April 8, 2020 10:49PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I get it my bad, yeah the counters “work” which is great WHEN they do. But with the mobility NB has between shadowy disguise, shadow image, and RAT (or source of speed) even when I do engage I’m often laughing at the clowns desperately trying to pull me out of stealth.

Here you are obviously talking about a skilled player if they are using multiple skills to evade you. Let us be real. IF they are using shadow image they are kiting you and using LoS to gain an advantage over you because that is the only way shadow image can be helpful to escape. So yes, if a skilled player outplays you then they deserve the benefit. Slow their moment or even stop it. Also, what is the rest of your team doing, just standing there watching the NB get the upper hand?
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk I guess it isn’t relevant, in the sense that I can sustain both cloak and shade as a stamina character. Completely eluding some of the biggest zergs and premade groups. No repercussions to my ability. Which is pretty clear and cut.

Yes the game is geared for group play, you’ll have a lot easier time as a group pulling a Nb from cloak than solo, not necessarily a good Nb, but a Nb nonetheless. But group vs solo is not apples to apples. Also your idea of how the game should be played means little to those who play it how they want.

I don’t know what you want me to say — as I have been concise about my reasoning. The counters don’t work well or consistently enough. You can cry counter until you’re red in the face. The best counter to Nb was other Nb with marked target lasting longer than 4 seconds. Camo Hunter and Mage light just aren’t that good. I would prefer no nerf, but that’s why I suggested something else instead of a blanket nerf. Anyhow, I can tell from your demeanor you’re a know it all, so I’ll leave that there. The best counter is detect pots but even then with mobility in the game good luck catching me.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1, If getting away from a zerg is the issue, as a stam player that should be pretty easy. Sprint speed passive along with a large stam pool should make you very hard to catch. That along with zergs are pretty easy to spot.

2. Since it seems you play solo then I refer you to my comments about solo play. It is pretty straight forward and accurate. I play solo and small group PvP and enjoy both.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The counters are garbage.
    2. Give marked target increased duration.
    3. Make counters that exist more reliable.
    4. By increasing the difficulty to escape you make gameplay more rewarding for all parties involved.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The counters are garbage.
    2. Give marked target increased duration.
    3. Make counters that exist more reliable.
    4. By increasing the difficulty to escape you make gameplay more rewarding for all parties involved.

I have found counters work great. I often use them successfully, especially when I am solo. That fact means they are not garbage by any means. Granted, I do understand some players are challenged with using counters effectively but it comes with practice figuring out how to use them well.

That is no different than anything else in the game as those who are more effective using various skills tend to be more successful in both defeating other players and surviving themselves regardless of the class they play.
  • Heresjohny
    Heresjohny
    Soul Shriven
    i dont understand most of this stuff but to me it is sounding like you Mainly play a nightblade and are getting countered by some of these things so you want them changed but are throwing in one of the skills from the class you mainly play(most play not saying you constantly play it just you prefer that over other) and the reason im saying this is most of your post are going back to Detect pots or NB needing a buff or the fact your first class just so happend to be a nightblade? (idk maybe its me but alot of these things seem to point to one thing lol) But IMO after what i read i can say i dont play alot of classes so can only refer to a few. but Sorc shields are strong and should maybe see a bit of a change unless they change something else in the class. Detect pots Shouldnt show you a AOE in which you will be detected if you go near then what is the point of Wasting gold on something to have it countered by a class Skill(if that is what you mean by making it able to be seen if they have a detect pot going)? makes no sense to me imo if someone is willing to spend GOLD on finding you seems fine to me they have that option and you frankly need to pick up your skirt and run like the wind forest. the damage shield for wardens is a nice skill to avoid the nightblade bow gankers that 3 shot you in less then 2 seconds and they still do enough damage to where they could go threw that shield and still do about half a persons health(in no CP dont know what its like in CP) but ya just my two cents and thoughts on some of it i do mainly No CP cyrodil so i dont know what its like in cp
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heresjohny wrote: »
    i dont understand most of this stuff but to me it is sounding like you Mainly play a nightblade and are getting countered by some of these things so you want them changed but are throwing in one of the skills from the class you mainly play(most play not saying you constantly play it just you prefer that over other) and the reason im saying this is most of your post are going back to Detect pots or NB needing a buff or the fact your first class just so happend to be a nightblade? (idk maybe its me but alot of these things seem to point to one thing lol) But IMO after what i read i can say i dont play alot of classes so can only refer to a few. but Sorc shields are strong and should maybe see a bit of a change unless they change something else in the class. Detect pots Shouldnt show you a AOE in which you will be detected if you go near then what is the point of Wasting gold on something to have it countered by a class Skill(if that is what you mean by making it able to be seen if they have a detect pot going)? makes no sense to me imo if someone is willing to spend GOLD on finding you seems fine to me they have that option and you frankly need to pick up your skirt and run like the wind forest. the damage shield for wardens is a nice skill to avoid the nightblade bow gankers that 3 shot you in less then 2 seconds and they still do enough damage to where they could go threw that shield and still do about half a persons health(in no CP dont know what its like in CP) but ya just my two cents and thoughts on some of it i do mainly No CP cyrodil so i dont know what its like in cp

read and understand please before writing anything. it's a rule for every healthy person! also, read my signature before writing suggestions hows sounding something u "saw" here.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

read and understand please before writing anything. it's a rule for every healthy person! also, read my signature before writing suggestions hows sounding something u "saw" here.

So they missed that small signature. They still have an opinion and considering the OP of this thread offers nothing to justify the request the comment you just quoted makes just as much sense.

After 6 days and we are still on page 2 it does not seem many are rallying to the idea suggested.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have any problems killing stealthers and the nightblades that perma invisivbility.
    i kill them.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

So they missed that small signature. They still have an opinion and considering the OP of this thread offers nothing to justify the request the comment you just quoted makes just as much sense.

After 6 days and we are still on page 2 it does not seem many are rallying to the idea suggested.

;)
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    i dont have any problems killing stealthers and the nightblades that perma invisivbility.
    i kill them.

i move mountains with mental power, but, its not about me personally, its about if some abilities have stright limits for their usage to make gameplay more interesting
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on April 11, 2020 5:01AM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler think please for cost fatique mechanics for Purges especially. And cloak after adjusting Detection Potions. These holes in system wait for a very long time to be changed
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on April 11, 2020 5:06AM
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Extended and another morf of Cleansing Ritual
    • Shadowy Disguise
    • Shimmering Shield, Hardened Shield
    • Expunge and another Purges...
    • could forget something, tired currently list is probalbly longer
    Guys, they need Cost increase mechanics.
    These things makes game extremly boring when spammed.
    And people spam them.

+ cost increase should have few steps, like 3 for example: normal >+50% > +100%

It will help to balance the game in general.
    it's a hell now because of the templars.
    And it will be hell if u will fix Detection potions (everyone should see detection aura around user when it's active to understand what's it's distance and who used it, please think about that!) but will not add cost increase to invisibility.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert Please read and consider above described.
    it's not something new invented, it's logic things...

I'm absolutly sure, Game combat need this to force people become more inventive, smart in combat...

And, welcome everyone sure to hate me because I'm horrible badman to ask nerf our one-button classes guys.
    But better, think about what can be done here in addition or instead to get huge balance effect to gameplay.
    I'm freaking tired of cleanse everything zerglings in eso pvp.

.. this is simply not need please try to play these clases ..
    Ritual of Retribution/Extended Ritual based cost 4860 Magicka so on Stamplar u can use this skill 2-3 times on non CP when u are Comply out of mana. with you reueted changes this skill became total useless..

Shadowy Disguise have u ever play non CP Stamblade in serious pvp?¨if u think this skill need some nerf. no coment...

Shimmering Shield, Hardened Shield( If you mean Hardened Ward) both skill are costly and you will omm fast if you spam them.

• kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should add Jabs to your list... xD
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    We've closed this thread to prevent further downward spiraling of the thread. Please remember to keep threads on-topic, constructive and civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.