The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I want to ask add Cost Increase Mechanics (Streak like) for next abilities...

JusticeSouldier
JusticeSouldier
✭✭✭✭
  • Extended and another morf of Cleansing Ritual
  • Shadowy Disguise
  • Shimmering Shield, Hardened Shield
  • Expunge and another Purges...
  • could forget something, tired currently list is probalbly longer
Guys, they need Cost increase mechanics.
These things makes game extremly boring when spammed.
And people spam them.

+ cost increase should have few steps, like 3 for example: normal >+50% > +100%

It will help to balance the game in general.
it's a hell now because of the templars.
And it will be hell if u will fix Detection potions (everyone should see detection aura around user when it's active to understand what's it's distance and who used it, please think about that!) but will not add cost increase to invisibility.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert Please read and consider above described.
it's not something new invented, it's logic things...

I'm absolutly sure, Game combat need this to force people become more inventive, smart in combat...

And, welcome everyone sure to hate me because I'm horrible badman to ask nerf our one-button classes guys.
But better, think about what can be done here in addition or instead to get huge balance effect to gameplay.
I'm freaking tired of cleanse everything zerglings in eso pvp.
all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I don’t even use cloak in 1v1s you want to nerf an already bad skill 🤣🤣🤣
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I'm serious, sure these things can be frystrating first time, but in general, it's improvement of gameplay.

Best case is Extended ritual which makes templar completly unkillable vs dots/debuffs relying classes.
    Sure when we talk about equal skilled players.
    And after many years, Zenimax didn't gave us any fix of that, just made in Elsweyr templars simply OP

with new eclipse
    no cast time at ultimate (but another ultimates got it)
    very fast toppling charge
    and thats all on the top of independent healing and absolutly best cleanse in game which templar had always (with synergy for templar's group, that's disqusting).
    My solution = no spam, smart usage, a way to make base cost more comfortable.

Expunge...same, good that it's cost is health portion but it also should be limited to not be spammed.

Same with invisibility.
    Detection potions broke it too hard now to feel it strong, but this should not be endlessly spamming thing.
    My first created and most enjoyable character is magblade...yes i know what about i'm saying..
    I didn't seen any solutions from Zos, so here my one to discuss...It's logic

[Edit to remove quoted content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 5, 2020 7:03PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you really want to balance the game nerf Sorc and Warden's boneyard. Buff NB's.

i"m sure I will be gone before that happens.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I think if you really want to balance the game nerf Sorc and Warden's boneyard. Buff NB's.

i"m sure I will be gone before that happens.

nb need buffs sure. I don't propose only to nerf, here just a list of skills which should be limited to not be able to smap them like crazy in general. Nb absolutly need some love
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem pretty biased or stuck in your ways , that’s why it was no point to say anything.

People play multiple classes in this game and will tell you what you’re suggesting is bad for the game.

You want a cost increase on shields that already last for a short duration and have been nerfed multiple times ?

Cost increase to cloak which has a bunch of counters and doesn’t work all the time ?

You want ritual to be increased when it’s already cost a lot ? And judging by your comments you already think Templar’s are OP so no arguing with you on that.

Shimmering is decent against range but not decent enough to warrant a cost increase.

Purge I don’t mind because of all of the negative effects in the game, at any given time you can have 10 effects on you.

I’ve been on my Magdk killing plenty of Templar’s. Templar isn’t even top dog right now, you’re honestly like two patches behind.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    and streak should not be unblockable stun, it was a very huge mistake from Zos to make it such, it was enouch strong before. it's too strong for class with such timed range burst potential and tankiness
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    You seem pretty biased or stuck in your ways , that’s why it was no point to say anything.

People play multiple classes in this game and will tell you what you’re suggesting is bad for the game.

You want a cost increase on shields that already last for a short duration and have been nerfed multiple times ?

Cost increase to cloak which has a bunch of counters and doesn’t work all the time ?

You want ritual to be increased when it’s already cost a lot ? And judging by your comments you already think Templar’s are OP so no arguing with you on that.

Shimmering is decent against range but not decent enough to warrant a cost increase.

Purge I don’t mind because of all of the negative effects in the game, at any given time you can have 10 effects on you.

I’ve been on my Magdk killing plenty of Templar’s. Templar isn’t even top dog right now, you’re honestly like two patches behind.

U reverted my words in disquistingly manipulative manner dude.
    Please stop.
    I NEVER said that these changes should be on the top of current costs. Every change should be very precise!
    I never said cloak should have all current counters in same broken form as now. Especially Detection potions...which I mentioned in THERE!
    Shimmering require increased cost much less than cleanse or invisibility but this skill is also a candidate to not be able to spam.
    Hardened, not sure if my solution for this skill is good. Added to list somehow like garnish. But damn, lets talk what's better to change magsorc style a bit?

Please, if u going to write in the same way, just go away dude.

READ a words below these please!
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on April 5, 2020 3:20PM
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that most of the game isn’t pvp based. Adding progressive skill cost increases would stop people from spamming them.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol cost increase to cloak, yes sure if nothing breaks cloak then i am ok, but right now its easy af to break cloak. Then shields hmm again ok if shields were like patches ago when you couldn't be hit by critical and you were immune to status effects plus were bigger overall and you didn't have health cap.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say reduduce cost of all those skills by 78% and then add a cost reduce mechanic, everty time said skill is spammed within 5 seconds the cost is reduced a further 78%
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I want" never gets.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Antonio smh
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that most of the game isn’t pvp based. Adding progressive skill cost increases would stop people from spamming them.

yeah, and these changes will not affect pve, its for pvp only.
    progressive fatique mechanics makes combat to require more thinking before actions.
    its also a way to make fight shorter without causing the situation which we have now in general, when DPS and Healing in game are too big.
    Best image of that - how 1 magicka templar changes whole combat for 4 mans team in battlegrounds.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Giant ty for making battlegrounds fully random. But next step is to think about above described things, and than to add second separated queue for premade groups in battlegrounds also.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak I believe should have some sort of mechanics like this in order to stop people from simply getting out of fights entirely, like ganking isn’t already a low risk to high reward playstyle as it is, most can pop a magpot and never been seen again which makes for a pretty annoying playtyle to verse, however you saying for the sake of debuff and dot builds which for the duration of the game until now have disgustingly over performed and have been far too easy in 1v1 scenarios. I think if anything these builds like pure PvP tanks and tank healers should be made redundant, its like people have already forgotten the days of fury seventh debuff stamdks that even the least skilled players could beat pretty much anyone 1v1 on.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Cloak I believe should have some sort of mechanics like this in order to stop people from simply getting out of fights entirely, like ganking isn’t already a low risk to high reward playstyle as it is, most can pop a magpot and never been seen again which makes for a pretty annoying playtyle to verse, however you saying for the sake of debuff and dot builds which for the duration of the game until now have disgustingly over performed and have been far too easy in 1v1 scenarios. I think if anything these builds like pure PvP tanks and tank healers should be made redundant, its like people have already forgotten the days of fury seventh debuff stamdks that even the least skilled players could beat pretty much anyone 1v1 on.

that days with seventh, procsets, fasalia were disquisting. thats why sets were nerfed, same as dots in eslweyr, or damn thx cost poisons in the past.
    now i guess time for purge and cloak to be more skill required.
    permanent cloak, permanent purge, permanent shielding (with shimmering its permanent Major Heroism), all these things are lets be true, overperforming. I'm pretty sure i didn't counted here few more abilities which can also get cost fatique mechanics to make game more smart usage required

cloak has too many way to be broken, especially with completly unfairly working Detection potions...
    but out of this, suppressing of all dots and full control of the fight is not what is balance about...
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on April 6, 2020 2:24AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just no. Your changes are strictly pvp based and aimed at experienced players. It would hurt some players who accidently hit a button twice especially newer player or those that don’t play as often. Your idea would increase the difficulty for new players in not understanding the cost increase. ZOS is not known for great tooltips and explaining things to new players Sure, on pc you can track your skills much easier but on console we have no neat add-ons that do it for us. It’s all visual and not easy to see the visual que’s at times which would again hurt newer players.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all those skills have equal power value to streak, maybe infact none. So why would we treat them the same?
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak needs to be either:
    1. Unbreakable* with fatigue
    2. Breakable without fatigue

*Detection potions and "reveal" abilities still break it, AoE does not.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Shadowy Disguise
    And people spam them.

And it will be hell if u will fix Detection potions (everyone should see detection aura around user when it's active to understand what's it's distance and who used it, please think about that!) but will not add cost increase to invisibility.

I'm absolutly sure, Game combat need this to force people become more inventive, smart in combat...

And, welcome everyone sure to hate me because I'm horrible badman to ask nerf our one-button classes guys.
    But better, think about what can be done here in addition or instead to get huge balance effect to gameplay.

i hope those requests do not happen.
    i love stealth invisibility and stealth playstyle and eso is where it should be for my rogue and stealth playstyle. so i hope those changes requested here never happen.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Not all those skills have equal power value to streak, maybe infact none. So why would we treat them the same?

yes, extended ritual and invisibility are not equal to streak they are stronger
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    • Shadowy Disguise
    And people spam them.

i hope those requests do not happen.
    i love stealth invisibility and stealth playstyle and eso is where it should be for my rogue and stealth playstyle. so i hope those changes requested here never happen.

i love it also, more in magicka variant but anyway. cost increase mechanics with reducind slightly base cost will not break it up completly, but, it will not be so ridiculously easy as now
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hardened, not sure if my solution for this skill is good. Added to list somehow like garnish. But damn, lets talk what's better to change magsorc style a bit?

hw is barely useful in nocp and you want to increase cost. if you are going to write in the same way, just go away dude.

actually as i said, maybe its not the best solution for hardened ward. worst was their experiment when they added cast time to shields lol:)
    but lets be true, spam of shields as very boring. and best players now doesn't spam them, more on demand in a very stright combination with healing, mitigation, mobility etc.
    i feel it can work
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Cloak needs to be either:
    1. Unbreakable* with fatigue
    2. Breakable without fatigue

*Detection potions and "reveal" abilities still break it, AoE does not.

if we will see radius of spammable aoes when u're in sneak or invisibility it will be good enouch to leave everything as it is now.
    same like in pve we see Traps in pve or detection auras at Hew's Bane...
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Gilliamtherogue when u going to fix Detection potions? it's so inconvinient mechanics, so frustrating to not able to see who's user at all
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I'm serious, sure these things can be frystrating first time, but in general, it's improvement of gameplay.

What is improved gameplay for one is a poor move for others.

Cleanses seem to be your biggest issue yet that has clearly not been much of an issue for many as it rarely comes up in the game.

Cloak has numerous hard and soft counters that work extremely well. Start using them if you run solo. If you run in a small group a good leader should be making sure certain beneficial skill is used and a good hard counter is something they can require. Ofc, it has to be a player willing to use it.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Just no. Your changes are strictly pvp based and aimed at experienced players. It would hurt some players who accidently hit a button twice especially newer player or those that don’t play as often. Your idea would increase the difficulty for new players in not understanding the cost increase. ZOS is not known for great tooltips and explaining things to new players Sure, on pc you can track your skills much easier but on console we have no neat add-ons that do it for us. It’s all visual and not easy to see the visual que’s at times which would again hurt newer players.

than we should have good notifications for new players.
    If we want eso to improve we should dance around needs of experienced players, the process of learning is a very important part of Tamriel.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hw is barely useful in nocp and you want to increase cost. if you are going to write in the same way, just go away dude.

actually as i said, maybe its not the best solution for hardened ward. worst was their experiment when they added cast time to shields lol:)
    but lets be true, spam of shields as very boring. and best players now doesn't spam them, more on demand in a very stright combination with healing, mitigation, mobility etc.
    i feel it can work

i dont think sorc will be able to kill anyone if it was builded for the shield spam unless he will use some cheesy proc sets and poisons which will do damage instead of him. you must know class basics in different pvp and pve modes before you can make balancing propositions. now it looks like nerf everything that i dont like thread
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

What is improved gameplay for one is a poor move for others.

Cleanses seem to be your biggest issue yet that has clearly not been much of an issue for many as it rarely comes up in the game.

Cloak has numerous hard and soft counters that work extremely well. Start using them if you run solo. If you run in a small group a good leader should be making sure certain beneficial skill is used and a good hard counter is something they can require. Ofc, it has to be a player willing to use it.

Man, i'm not new one. i do all this from different sides of combat, at al classes.
    I'm not a content creator, but an analyst and builds creator for many many years.
    I talk about holes in the system, where counters are or too weak or doesn't exist at all.
    these things allow too much, breaking balance in general.

I'm personally, not a fun of easy ways.
    it very hard to see me enjoying some cheezy things because become bored of them too quickly.
    But when way become too hard in a bad way - like a fighting vs windmills for a known prototype of Сadwell - it's a time to create discussions.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

i feel it can work

i dont think sorc will be able to kill anyone if it was builded for the shield spam unless he will use some cheesy proc sets and poisons which will do damage instead of him. you must know class basics in different pvp and pve modes before you can make balancing propositions. now it looks like nerf everything that i dont like thread

who said i don't like this?
    I like, same as chocolate, I'm eating tasty black 85% coconut one currently.
    But here is the same as in a case with chocolate if to eat it without limits - we become sick and can even die
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i feel it can work

who said i don't like this?
    I like, same as chocolate, I'm eating tasty black 85% coconut one currently.
    But here is the same as in a case with chocolate if to eat it without limits - we become sick and can even die

show me there your sorc nocp build which can do it without limits and able to kill someone
    http://en.uesp.net

This discussion has been closed.