Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion for leap (and morphs) tweak

charunks
charunks
Soul Shriven
Hi Zos,

After playing quite a view battlegrounds I have noticed that all leap variants allways get prioritised over all other actions. Even blocking a leap is impossible. I have to admit that casting leap on my stamDK gives the feeling of hitting the player delete key on my keyboard, which in the moment is really cool. On my other characters there is literally nothing I can do about it, but breakfree and eat the 10K-15K damage while the break-free animation plays out.

I expect its due to the way the game processes the leap in combination with the appaling server performance. The way the skill seems to behave is that the stun of leap is the first action the servers process (so leap is activated, leap stuns its targets, player casting leap takes off, player lands. server calculates damage).

Could the ability be changed that the stun is calculated just BEFORE or right AFTER the impact, and NOT on the cast of the ability. You gave other similar abilities like danwbreaker a 0.4 second cast time. It would make sense to move the application of the stun to a later stage of the execution of the ability.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please just stop.
    You're asking to turn yet another ultimate in an unreliable slow clunky piece of trash.

Countering ults should be done by reading a fight and not reacting to a flashy effect being thrown at you.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please stop don't work on people like this. They want everything nerfed until we all light attack eachother to death (while lagging).
    EU | PC
  • JSlayer211
    JSlayer211
    ✭✭✭
    Leap stuns me even during immunity. It's easily the most broken and easy mode of the ultimates when it comes to pvp.

The fact that it's super cheap, does phenomenal damage, long range, AOE stun, undodgeable with lock on targeting, and WITH a huge damage shield. Just shut the front door. These dev's know nothing about game balance. compare something like that to any other ulti, nowhere near that level of performance.
    Edited by JSlayer211 on April 2, 2020 10:35PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    charunks wrote: »
    Hi Zos,

After playing quite a view battlegrounds I have noticed that all leap variants allways get prioritised over all other actions. Even blocking a leap is impossible. I have to admit that casting leap on my stamDK gives the feeling of hitting the player delete key on my keyboard, which in the moment is really cool. On my other characters there is literally nothing I can do about it, but breakfree and eat the 10K-15K damage while the break-free animation plays out.

I expect its due to the way the game processes the leap in combination with the appaling server performance. The way the skill seems to behave is that the stun of leap is the first action the servers process (so leap is activated, leap stuns its targets, player casting leap takes off, player lands. server calculates damage).

Could the ability be changed that the stun is calculated just BEFORE or right AFTER the impact, and NOT on the cast of the ability. You gave other similar abilities like danwbreaker a 0.4 second cast time. It would make sense to move the application of the stun to a later stage of the execution of the ability.

You are really, really funny. This is simply false.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Please stop don't work on people like this. They want everything nerfed until we all light attack eachother to death (while lagging).

Nah they also want to remove light attack weaving so we cant light attack each other to death either.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, the only thing that bugs me about leap is that knockback in general is unbreakable. When you are low on health (especially in 1vX) I find it that leap is death sentence because some random DK jumps on you and you eat everything they throw at you.

Fix the darn knockback and everything will be fine.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • yeyesil
    yeyesil
    ✭✭
    You want to delete stamdks from the game? Do you even play the game? Or you were just killed by a stamdk and youwere enraged and post a nerf thread?

The leap has already been nerfed previous patch. It is easy to block it if you are good enough at PVP. All of cyrodiil is full of stamnecros and stamwardens. Most stamdk players switched to these classes.
    I think you are not a good pvp player or you just dont play cyrodiil. Please stop this nonsense nerf threads if you dont want everyone to play the same class.

Most classes have purge or play with a templar friend to cleanse. Dk is a dot class but noone even uses venom claw because of low damage and lots of purge abilities. Dks especially stamdks have just one option to kill the target and its leap after corrosive nerf.

Stamwardens shalk and stamnecros OP blastbones with huge burst and defile skills are better than leap itself.

I think leap must be buffed next patch. It should be faster like the previous patch.
    Edited by yeyesil on April 6, 2020 7:45AM
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeyesil wrote: »
    You want to delete stamdks from the game? Do you even play the game? Or you were just killed by a stamdk and youwere enraged and post a nerf thread?

The leap has already been nerfed previous patch. It is easy to block it if you are good enough at PVP. All of cyrodiil is full of stamnecros and stamwardens. Most stamdk players switched to these classes.
    I think you are not a good pvp player or you just dont play cyrodiil. Please stop this nonsense nerf threads if you dont want everyone to play the same class.

Most classes have purge or play with a templar friend to cleanse. Dk is a dot class but noone even uses venom claw because of low damage and lots of purge abilities. Dks especially stamdks have just one option to kill the target and its leap after corrosive nerf.

Stamwardens shalk and stamnecros OP blastbones with huge burst and defile skills are better than leap itself.

I think leap must be buffed next patch. It should be faster like the previous patch.

I think it actually does good damage, however like you said, the purging is the problem. Now Warden and Necro both can purge when it used to be just Templars. NB's Cloak for some idiotic reason supresses DoTs and Sorcs can just Streak away. All this has made DoTs quite irrelevant, in addition to DoT damage nerf that is.

And concerning Leap, it's quite easy to block. They dumbed it down last patch. Just fix the knockback ffs. When did knockbacks even become so bugged? I remember Leap and Dizzy combo and you could still break free from the knockback.
  • yeyesil
    yeyesil
    ✭✭
    yeyesil wrote: »

I think it actually does good damage, however like you said, the purging is the problem. Now Warden and Necro both can purge when it used to be just Templars. NB's Cloak for some idiotic reason supresses DoTs and Sorcs can just Streak away. All this has made DoTs quite irrelevant, in addition to DoT damage nerf that is.

And concerning Leap, it's quite easy to block. They dumbed it down last patch. Just fix the knockback ffs. When did knockbacks even become so bugged? I remember Leap and Dizzy combo and you could still break free from the knockback.

In the past i could put a pressure with my dots on stamdk then i can leap+execute combo. But now nearly everyone has the access to purge with their own skills or synergies. Stamdks dont have a classbased burst ability like warden shalk, necro blastbones, templar potl, nb assassins will. You have the dots for the pressure but in this meta dots just dont work. In addition if you nerf leap, the class will be just a trash. It is actually trash in groupplay but it will be also trash in solo.

Stamnecros has the best tankyness and they have a very easy burst and defile ability so major mending of stamdks isnt enough too.

I dont want to change this thread into buff stamdks but at least dont request a nerf for a class that is already nerfed enough.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who plays stamDK in PvP knows how extremely reliant the class is on Leap for viability right now. DoTs were nerfed by a whopping 40% and Reverb Bash lost its Major Defile. So a class that was previously grinding down opponents with DoTs and Defiles has been reduced to a one-trick-pony. This is a bit anecdotal but I reckon at least 95% of competent stamDKs out there a relying exclusively on Dizzy->Leap->Executioner to secure kills. At least that's what I'm seeing.

While I can agree with OP that Leap is super strong, you simply can't touch it atm without risking downgrading the class to trash level. You'd need to make a whole host of changes to the class at the same time as adjusting Leap because outside of it there's nothing this class can do that Necro and Warden don't do a great deal better.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget about magdk also if leap gets nerfed it will also be a huge nerf to magdk as well. Stam might use dawnbraker or onslaught but what will mad dk have?
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is lag and server desync and the latest change to block, just few minutes ago I BLOCKED a 12k leap.
    Leap is OP? No, block is garbage broken and doesn't work half the times unless you hold it for 3 seconds nonstop.

And being a knockback stun plus server desync it causes break free bugs and things that shouldn't happen.

That being said try play leap yourself and see how it's satisfying to eat players with it.

If you rage about it, play it yourself.