The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is getting really stupid and frustrating now.. Launcher Stuck on "Loading"

SmellyMoot
I have done everything...

reinstalled the game completely, Booted up in safe-mode, tried the customer supports LAN settings fix, right clicked launcher to run as admin, and even disabled all my AVAST shields...

This is pathetic... I have even switched my firewall off.. STILL NOTHING....

ESO... if there is no fix for this I WILL not be paying for this game.....
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    Probably a stupid question since you've tried heaps of things, but have you tried running the game directly without the launcher? My eso.exe is here: Program Files\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client. No idea if that will work, but no harm in trying.

Hope they're able to get to you soon to help!
    Edited by ChanceofRust on March 31, 2014 6:33AM
    Options
  • SmellyMoot
    I dont even have that.....
    Options
  • SmellyMoot
    the game isn't even fully installed on my PC because of the "Loading" Freeze.... it's really starting to irritate me now..
    Options
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    That's not a good sign :-(. Did you re-install from the same initial download or did you re-download the installer file? I would guess your install keeps not completing properly, it just sucks that it looks like the only way to repair the files is in the launcher which you can't get to. Do you have any friends who are also playing that you could get the files transferred over from? I moved the beta over from my desktop to the laptop and both seem to be patching up okay, so maybe you could try that. If you're lucky enough to have some ESO friends nearby. Otherwise, I have a sinking feeling you might have to re-download, but maybe someone else has a better suggestion.

Sorry again you're having such bad luck.
    Edited by ChanceofRust on March 31, 2014 8:43AM
    Options
  • SmellyMoot
    that's the thing, I have re-installed it to try and download the entire game again? after uninstalling it... but now it won't even load.. cause it keeps freezing at "loading" and I don't have any friends nearby :(

I downloaded from the account section on ESO the PC game client and I am doing it again now as we speak.

ok so If i get access to the launcher.. what should I try to fix it?
    Options
  • SmellyMoot
    Ok. I have found a solution. So far it is updating.

So I figured, Ill go check to see if I have VC++ 2010 redistr... and I did in control panel so I uninstalled both x64 + x86 and bam... it worked for me!

Launcher isnt stuck anymore :) hope this helps everyone else!
    Options
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    I hope you have faster internet speeds than me, that download took forever for me. Fingers crossed it downloads right this time and maybe you don't have to fix anything, but when you have access to the launcher you can double check everything is right by clicking on Game Options, which is right above the the news feed in the launcher, and choosing repair.

It's too bad they don't have a torrent like download to make sure download mistakes don't happen, I was shocked mine came through right. I usually lose connection and get screwed up downloads all the time.

Best of luck!
    Options
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    Awesome! Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out!
    Options
  • hvherzog
    hvherzog
    Yeah I was having the same problem, and still am, I am getting pretty frustrated too because I bought the imperial edition and now it is starting to look like I just spent 80 dollars on a game I can't even play. It would be a lot more helpful if the customer support actually provided customer support too instead of just telling me to turn off the proxy stuff in the lan settings whenever they were never even turned on in the first place. I tried what worked for you and I got the updating screen as well but it never moved and just stayed there, now it is back to the loading screen. Don't know what to do and would appreciate any help, thanks.
    Options
  • SmellyMoot
    ok so i figured.... uninstall the game and this has worked for me a few times now.. after experimenting... when uninstalling, uninstall ESO + VC 2010 redistrcitable, then when you install it use the PC download client, only this time CHANGE the installation directory and maybe even call it something else... Just renamed mine "ESO and/or Elder Scrolls online" and moved it into program files and then in a new folder somewhere in my Drive lol. try that guys.
    Options
  • Dag86novanub19_ESO
    May I please ask what in the world is VC++? I hadn't noticed the option to install ESO with this until the final build was released, but I noticed it is "unchecked" by default.

I have googled and researched and I can't find a definitive answer on what it does or why its used or if its mandatory or how it might help me, but I am now experiencing desktop freezing and unresponsive operating system when running the client.

I may start a new thread if needed but please any answer would be nice.
    Options
  • M_OwenLFC
    M_OwenLFC
    Soul Shriven
    I tried launching the game from the files using eso.exe, the only problem is that it says the client is outdated, perhaps I can fix this by reinstalling?
    Options