Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moving ESO to different drive

ajm1946
ajm1946
✭✭✭
I have 2 questions:

1 - My SSD on my PC is full and with ESO taking up 120 GB of this I want to move ESO to my 2 TB 'D' Drive - Is this possible, if so how is it done ?

2 - I have also just purchased a Gaming Laptop and want install a copy of ESO on it - SSD is 512 GB so space not an Issue - How can I do this without having to do a complete download of ESO and PTS ?
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't move it to a spinning disk, you will see a performance hit.
    SSD prices are dropping, you could consider buying a copy of the one you have and running raid.

As for the laptop, I'm not sure how to do that. I think you can copy the program and then run a repair, but I'm not sure.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Copy the zenimax folder to a external hard drive, providing you have one. Plug the external hard drive to the laptop and paste the folder.
    Otherwise, do a search on how to transfer files between a pc & laptop.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

move the folder over, then create a symlink to fake it at the original position. your file system will pretend that the files are still at the original place so you wont need to change any config and registry
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajm1946 wrote: »
    1 - My SSD on my PC is full and with ESO taking up 120 GB of this I want to move ESO to my 2 TB 'D' Drive - Is this possible, if so how is it done ?

ESO shouldn't be taking up 120 GB in the first place. The full game is only about ~87 GB and there are a lot of excess files you can safely delete, like the language files you don't use. My Zenimax Online folder is only 60 GB.
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    @LordSemaj The 120 GB is both PCNA and PTS
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even so, go into both Zenimax Online/Elder Scrolls Online folders and look for the vo_ folders. Those are voiceovers and the only one you should need is the English one. Delete the others. You'll free up tons of gigabytes from that alone.
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    I did this recently.

Move entire "Elder Scrolls Online" folder from drive it is on to the drive you want it on.
    (Use copy/paste for extra safety and then delete old once transfer successful).

Do a Repair from the launcher and that is all.

Moving to a new computer you will also want to copy the "My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online" folder.
    Edited by Kaspar on January 1, 2018 11:54AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajm1946 wrote: »
    I have 2 questions:

2 - I have also just purchased a Gaming Laptop and want install a copy of ESO on it - SSD is 512 GB so space not an Issue - How can I do this without having to do a complete download of ESO and PTS ?

how is your game taking up 120GB? mines half that, with morrowind.
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    @Slick_007 Online folder is 60 GB and PTS folder is 60 GB
  • joshmsmith89
    joshmsmith89
    Soul Shriven
    raj72616a wrote: »
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

move the folder over, then create a symlink to fake it at the original position. your file system will pretend that the files are still at the original place so you wont need to change any config and registry

This worked perfectly! I used the graphical tool and after linking just had to rename folder to "The Elder Scrolls Online" as it names it "The Elder Scrolls Online - Symbolic Link" after linking this way. Thanks again!
  • KoSeKu
    KoSeKu
    ✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »

This worked perfectly! I used the graphical tool and after linking just had to rename folder to "The Elder Scrolls Online" as it names it "The Elder Scrolls Online - Symbolic Link" after linking this way. Thanks again!

thanks it worked for me as well. but not everyone can do it, a video would be nice