The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Thoughts on the Vampire Changes

Felexir
Felexir
✭✭✭
So I watched the video for the upcoming vampire changes and I am pretty pumped. However I'm also a little sad. None of the passives and none of the active abilities helped stamina dps in any way, outside a bow gank in pvp or a tank. I get that vampires are geared more for Magicka, but it's also a bummer that none of the werwolf passives or anything buffs stamina toons in any way OUTSIDE of being transformed. Could there be some passives to increase stamina regeneration, max stamina, weapon Crit, weapon power, etc while NOT being transformed so there is some kind of benefit outside of gearing your whole character into needing to be in werwolf form as much as possible?
Edited by Felexir on April 2, 2020 5:40PM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    would love to see the approach on the nightblade since now ZoS gave basically everyone the damn Mass Hysteria skill...why should the nb one be any different or worth using now???? :<
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    because a maglblade in pvp with insta stealth mixed with the stealth and healing bonuses provided with vamp is about to get cancerous as *** lol.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love to see the approach on the nightblade since now ZoS gave basically everyone the damn Mass Hysteria skill...why should the nb one be any different or worth using now???? :<

Dude, its just a magicka stun, that a lot of classes desperately needed.I know it feels like NB got ripped off here, but I actually love this for my NB, I can think of so many *** things I can do with those tools the vamp will give.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felexir wrote: »
    So I watched the video for the upcoming vampire changes and I am pretty pumped. However I'm also a little sad. None of the passives and none of the active abilities helped stamina dps in any way, outside a bow gank in pvp or a tank. I get that vampires are geared more for Magicka, but it's also a bummer that none of the werwolf passives or anything buffs stamina toons in any way OUTSIDE of being transformed. Could there be some passives to increase stamina regeneration, max stamina, weapon Crit, weapon power, etc while NOT being transformed so there is some kind of benefit outside of gearing your whole character into needing to be in werwolf form as much as possible?

The passive that makes you turn invisible when sprinting sounds nice for Stamina builds.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire thoughts:

"That guy was really sweet. I think he was a pastry chef."

"Darn it, I spilled lunch all over my good shirt again. It's so hard getting blood stains out."

"I think I'll have that nice looking nord waitress for dinner tonight."
    Edited by Glurin on April 1, 2020 8:39PM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My vampire thoughts. Kiefer Sutherland - all day-er-day.
  • ValueDrift
    ValueDrift
    ✭✭✭
    Felexir wrote: »
    None of the passives and none of the active abilities helped stamina dps in any way,

While the numbers are subject to change, the toggle skill that prevents outside healing gives you 900 weapon damage on the build that people were testing. Sounds pretty helpful to me, probably too helpful.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like people are overlooking the fact that enemies need to be facing your character for the new stun to work. I predict it won’t be as effective as Turn Evil, but probably better than what’s currently available for magcro and magden.

I also think the stage 4 passive is being way overestimated. In pvp, 3 seconds can feel like an eternity, and if my understanding is correct, the invisibility only lasts for as long as your character is sprinting and unable to activate any abilities. Personally, I’m more excited about the 50% cost reduction to sprinting than the invisibility that kicks in after 3 secs.f
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on April 1, 2020 10:54PM
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, this is disappointing... these aren’t so much “vampire thoughts” as they are “my thoughts about the vampire changes”. Was hoping for actual Vampire thoughts.
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    fixed to avoid confusion.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf Ultimate grants 15% stamina regen when slotted on your active bar. You do not need to be in werewolf form.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Oathunbound
    Oathunbound
    ✭✭✭

Technically its inferior to the nb fear because the nb can fear reguardless of the direction the enemy is facing and the vamp has to have them facing you for it to stun them. But the one morph adds a snare but its a conal. The nb is better to affect anyone at any time and the vamp only works if you are actively being attacked or they are facing you
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is worse is the Blood Scion does not look like a Spell-Caster, it looks like a Berserker and not something that is magic focused, should of just made Vampire abilities scale off of Health instead.
  • Feizao
    Feizao
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to feed on players? do they take damage?
    Why doesnt the other scion morph have wings?
    PS4 NA lsoSO4P
    EP - Dark Elf - MagBlade Vamp
    EP - Nord - Stam/MagDk
    EP - Argonian - StamCro
    EP - Nord - StamPlar/Hybrid Healer
    AD - Khajit - StamBlade/Tank
    AD - Khajit - StormSorc/Hybrid WW
    DC - Breton - MagDen
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally it looks like rubbish to me and will most likely cure all my tanks and healers as well as the few dps I have with it.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina has enough toys.
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they want people to pick between being a Vampire or a Werewolf, like picking between being Magika or Stamina. They want you to pick between being Mortal, Vampire, or Werewolf, and Stamina, Magika, and Health. There may not be much incentive to being mortal or having a high health, but there are still benefits!