The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is it time to add a pet target toggle to the game?

Weesacs
Weesacs
✭✭✭✭
I think so. In a fast paced game, hitting Engine Guardians, blastbones etc is just wasting resources and wasting the gameplay IMO. Players without pets shouldn't be penalised and have to play around pets ... especially on console where it's already difficult to target enemies when there are many enemies to choose from and your having to target the one you want to hit.

Having the option to toggle still allows players the ability to kill pets if you wish to do so.

If you think it shouldn't be added then why not?
High Elf Templar
PS4 - EU - DC
Over 37,500 Achievements!

Is it time to add a pet target toggle to the game? 30 votes

Yes
76%
rikimm16_ESOMurderMostFoulSaubonCathexisPaganiniWeesacsAedarylJohunBleekWacArnolddaemonorMilitan1404BigBadVolkJthomas56DanklordWildRaptorXUrvothGiljabrarVermethysXologamerVLVDIMYR 23 votes
No
23%
GoregrindernewtinmplsFreakin_HytteKadoinTaunkyyeyesilDaffen 7 votes
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a target selection key in console commands. By default it is the TAB key but that can be changed to any key you want. When used the target you selected is highlighted and all attacks are directed to that target.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Palidon wrote: »
    You have a target selection key in console commands. By default it is the TAB key but that can be changed to any key you want. When used the target you selected is highlighted and all attacks are directed to that target.

I use it often when fighting multiple players or StamNecros and PetSorcs, but it's a pretty unreliable system. Not all of your attacks will be directed at the highlighted target. You still need to target manually.
    Edited by Vermethys on April 4, 2020 12:13PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Vermethys wrote: »
    Palidon wrote: »

I use it often when fighting multiple players or StamNecros and PetSorcs, but it's a pretty unreliable system. Not all of your attacks will be directed at the highlighted target. You still need to target manually.

Of course you have to target manually, its not a lock on target, its a select preffered target. This means: if you are aiming right at the sorc with the sorc set as preffered target you will hit him even if there are pets/players standing in front of him. If you aim right next to the sorc and not ontop of him, you will hit what you are aiming at and not the sorc.

Honestly the system should change for ps4/xbox players due to the fact that aiming with a controller is harder than with a mouse. Something like aim-assist on console should be implemented. Pc players should be fine with the way the mechanic works.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Im on console and yeah, targeting sucks on them IMO
    Edited by Weesacs on April 4, 2020 2:29PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Still toppling charging into players pets ... wish I had these obstacles to help me as well with my damage mitigation
    Edited by Weesacs on April 9, 2020 9:46AM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS!!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    There already is one.

Heck, there are two if you want to get picky...there is a command to tell your pet to attack a target, and there is also a skill that not only directs your pet(s) and ulti-elemental AND it boosts their damage.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    There already is one.

Heck, there are two if you want to get picky...there is a command to tell your pet to attack a target, and there is also a skill that not only directs your pet(s) and ulti-elemental AND it boosts their damage.

Joke, or didn't read?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Joke, or didn't read?

Not enough caffeine - clearly didn't read AND get what was meant.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it is a toggle then sure. Not something I would use. It's nice being able to interrupt EG.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorcerer sucks it's by far the worst play style in the game. Sure why not. Add no target whatever help you need. The playstyle is dead anyway.

FROM THE 280 DAY PET SORCERER.
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It doesn't matter how good you are, in some situations (mainly in BGs) you are just unable to hit your oponent over this pet pollution. And some players even abuse this by using more pets and pet sets, not because they are optimal for their build but because they just make more mess
    Edited by Saubon on April 16, 2020 7:17AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Saubon wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how good you are, in some situations (mainly in BGs) you are just unable to hit your oponent over this pet pollution. And some players even abuse this by using more pets and pet sets, not because they are optimal for their build but because they just make more mess

Engine Guardian streaking Magsorcs, I'm looking at you.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I play in first person
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    But not for your reasons, interactions with npcs, and crafting stations all become impossible because of other people’s pets.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Saubon wrote: »

This. BGs are like a zoo at times ... and with players standing behind the pets (which they do) they just add an additional obstacle which players like myself have to play around.

Honestly, all they have to do is add a target toggle and lets leave hard target locking for games like WoW etc
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC