The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So... Cadwell

Lord-Otto
Lord-Otto
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Yeah, I like it! This new furnishing is a bit expensive, but that's okay. It's original and entertaining and not just a re-skin. Keep on designing good stuff like that!
(^.^)b
(btw, the furnishing being released on the first would have been hilariously fitting! ;3 )
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how much the Crown Store preview makes me want to buy it.

"Ah, yes. I must have this...spiky...platform...thing."
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I love how much the Crown Store preview makes me want to buy it.

"Ah, yes. I must have this...spiky...platform...thing."

Good point. I was missing the proper preview, too. The thing does pretty much what the description says, though. Still, good point.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like him as well. Hopefully we can get a few more characters like Naryu. I would like to see none famous npc’s that can add flavour like chefs ect.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer the npc without the platform.
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    When I first saw it, I thought, I really should watch a video of this before I get it, then I thought, nope, I love Cadwell I'm getting it. Got to say I'm not disappointed :smile:
  • tspecherb14_ESO
    tspecherb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got this to work? What am I missing here....
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

You could sink it into the floor so only the two spikes are showing and Cadwell appears between them.

You'll have to check it's still possible to activate it like that though, some furnishings work while clipping through floors/walls, others have to be completely exposed to intereact with them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I checked him out in guildies house. I just wish he hung around for longer, or was on on and off basis, so I could have a party with him playing in the background. But I understand he's a busy man.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I got it too. Of course, it's Cadwell <3

Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got this to work? What am I missing here....

What do you mean?
  • tspecherb14_ESO
    tspecherb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It is not intractable for me. Just sits there and does nothing.
    Edited by tspecherb14_ESO on April 4, 2020 2:49PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure when you place it that it is green. Otherwise you cannot interact with it.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It sometimes clips itself into the ground after starting the game anew if you put it too low. A couple more interactable furnishings do that, in fact. Re-arrange it. Make sure it's high enough to not be yellowed-out, and then give it some more height. Restart the game and see if it works then.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It HAS to have a green aura as you place it, or it won't, you can't place it seated into the ground or on a slope :)

Move it around a bit, until it's aura is green. - Yellow = Won't activate, goes for most furns that can be activated in some way or another :)
  • tspecherb14_ESO
    tspecherb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That worked. Thanks for helping a housing n00b. :)
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3 Eeenjoy! (and check his facebook page, he's gotten bored during quarantine too!! :D<3)
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That worked. Thanks for helping a housing n00b. :)

Good to hear! Have fun!
    (^.^)/
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love loved this if it were just Caldwell himself standing there going through different animations, or you could click him to call up a menu and set an animation. I'd love to have Caldwell, or any NPC, just hanging out in my house. The short summon and long cooldown between summons is disappointing, but it is still great to see the first of something like this.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    I would love loved this if it were just Caldwell himself standing there going through different animations, or you could click him to call up a menu and set an animation. I'd love to have Caldwell, or any NPC, just hanging out in my house. The short summon and long cooldown between summons is disappointing, but it is still great to see the first of something like this.
    Omg totally! More NPCs would be great. A Bard who sings (not just music boxes), a Waitress, a Mage (that acts as a free wayshrine from your house) a Priest (maybe one that allows respecs) that sort of thing. But unfortunately we have a very low item limit for our collectibles... can't even place a handful of mounts and pets... makes houses really lifeless and empty.

Wish they would increase the item limits (for collecibles at least, or merge the limits so we can choose more freely), and then they could add more NPCs - like Cadwell. Maybe even add NPCs as achi furnishings after you complete their stories or something :smiley: Like Lyris chilling at my Nord brewery, or Sai guarding my Redguard treasures... would be great!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve said it before I’ll say it again we need rigurt.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

Yeah, if it was possible to get him without the platform, or even if he had a smaller activation/summon mechanism (like a skull, or a teapot), I might buy him. But I have no interested whatsoever in placing the spiky thing in any of the many homes I own. So he's a hard pass for me. Sad, because Cadwell's a riot (literally - I think he hears enough voices to populate a city block on his own).