Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion to redesign entering non "Home" campaign ESO NA PC Blackreach

Torgauros
Torgauros
Hello
I generally came with all thoughts after spending some time in "Blackreach" campaign. It doesn't have lags or problems even in prime time until immigrants from other campaigns (no cp and gray host) come to flip the map. People that home there are really fed up with this. Immigrants from other campaigns flip the whole map to 1 colour. Sometimes AD sometimes DC sometimes EP to simply farm points and destroy the fun for home people. When home people reenter they see whole map destroyed. Flipping is not the bigest problem. They also defend enemy faction closest home keeps to farm ap even after scrolls are gone (rayles, warden, black boot, bloodmayne, farragut, kingrest). Blame goes to home people even if they were not there. Therefore the best solution I came up with is to redesign entering campaign with and without choosing "Home". Here I came up with few solutions. They should be implemented as fast as possible. In order to make this work "Home" need to be per account not per character for 50 lvl + campaigns (or only Blackreach). So if you "Home" Blackreach you can only "Home" Blackreach with different characters and other campaigns you can only enter. When you enter without choosing it as "Home" campaign you immediately become "Guest". Choosing "Home" campaign should be changed to once per 7 days and cost of changing faster should be 500 000 ap not 100 000 ap (Guys already have millions of ap so they don't care about 100k).

Things that must be done:
-Guests can not siege* enemy faction home keeps nor attack players in home keeps (rayles, warden, black boot, bloodmayne, farragut, kingrest)
-Guests can enter for 48 hours. Then they get teleported out with 5 days cooldown. Timer starts after entering with 1 character to Cyro. (I think it should be 1 day per 7 days for guest but I don't want to punish streamers for bad people so 48 hours is fair for streaming weekend)
-Guests can pick all skyshards normally
-Guests can siege*, defend* and pvp in their faction home keeps (up to dragonclaw, brindle, drakelowe)

Otherwise they influence the campaign too much as we can see now. Everyday.

Things that should be done:
-Guests should not be able to siege* enemy castle faregyl, arrius keep, fort glademist (pvp possible)
-Guests should not be able to siege* emperor keeps to stop them influence emperorship system (can still kill players inside them though)
-Guests can not carry home scrolls of enemy faction

*By siege and defend i mean use of siege weapons on mentioned areas

Cheaters. Most of them are easy to spot as the game starts to lag close to them or their character is doing "small teleports". Their character sometimes dissapear and reappear while moving. Not fluent movement. Looks like lag spikes but that's hack influence. When someone just got lags he doesn't kill you. Hacker does perfect combo. They will run 100 metres back and forth, sustain all damage without losing resources and keep killing people. Don't mistake them with good players. Good player loose resource after some time getting hit by 10+ geared players. Hacker can still run or kill with script using of few skills/0,5 second in your face even if you just came out from behind the wall. Also autopurge, autoheals. Blackreach doesn't have lags until they come. People that protect them on forum like "no your noob they don't hack" are using that themselves. Some of them use hacks for so long they really believe they are good players now. Usually hacks come with nasty tongue and they use chat to call people garbage.
So if you complain on lags in other campaigns it might be amount of people or just amount of people hacking lags your campaign.....
Solution is harsh punishment:
- first time caught cheating 30 days ban, next time 999 days ban

If you want to know why you are losing players and not getting too many new it is simple. Let's say newbies come to Cyro or battleground for fun. There's 100 of them. They don't have gear or skills at start. That's fine. They go into battle and they die. 70 give up right away. Rest stay because they are smarter so they think maybe it's something wrong with heir gear. Okay they get top gear. They died again. 20 left 10 stayed. Those 10 read guides, watch youtube for tips how to use their class or skills. They own some battlegrounds and few players in Cyrodil. Then they meet a hacker. They die. 8 left because of the nonsense 2 stayed because they just like Cyro more than the feeling of losing to hacker. So no one likes to lose but when you lose to good player it doesn't matter. When you lose to hacker it is totally different feeling. It is a feeling like game owner doesn't give a thing about you and you can not do anything with it. The only way is to leave and stop the incoming stress. If the game stress you more than your life you just want to leave. And that is how they work. They want everybody to leave so they can flip the map and farm ap over and over,

Macro using people. Some mouse macro using people are almost like hackers. Their macro is so sophisticated as written script. It is unfair for people playing standard way to lose to them only thanks to that they have macro and you don't.
Solution:
-Official ZOS statement are their legal or not. If yes support players with links to sophisticated PC mouse products legalized by ZOS with high efficient macro so all would use it and problem is gone because everyone is a god.

People defending the system as it is now are people that are farming ap in Blackreach or doing some of the things above.

• SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    I think the cheating is an big issue that needs to get addressed. might wanna post this in a section with more traffic. The name says who I am you already know know me and know you know why I might been a B!tch. Most of the time im just our troll tank. The best one we got. The best legit troll tank in Blackreach Pc. I been saying about the cheating in the chat but was subjected to harassment by so called AD for merely stating the facts. What has really killed it in the last 8 or so days. Is the groups or a specific guild. Of which i wont name but they know who they are. Theses people run so many cheats that it literally causes the opposing faction to be kicked off the serve. You go to try and take a keep when thses guy are on your gonna get kicked from the server due to the lag of the cheats they are running they keep the keep and they don't get kicked . Same exact thing when they take keeps you get kicked they don't. These people play both dc and ep toons are keep flipping as well.

• SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    Im AD by the way.
  • SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    The group lag server kick exploit has really killed the camp and the servers.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Making these changes would just lower the pvp population even more and that would not be healthy for the game.

As far as the cheating and macros go, most of the accusations are from people that just don’t understand the game mechanics. If you suspect someone of cheating then clip the video and/or report them to Zos.

With that being said if someone keeps sending false cheating reports then I think they should be the one that gets banned.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The non-faction-locked campaign directly caters to players who don't stick to one faction, exacerbates "flipping" behavior, and - in the grand tradition of less populated campaigns since ever - serves as overflow for the most populated campaign. That's just how it works. To be blunt, there were guild groups who played on Trueflame who used to drop into Haderus for a night or two of AP farming on the regulars. Its nothing new and arguably working exactly as intended.

Though I admit I'd be more than a little curious how much of Blackreach's primetime pop is actually those "guests" you complain about.
  • SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    Known Fact!!!!! cheats are the first to deny cheating is going on. I have actually investigated and the cheats literally have web site set telling you how to do it everything from scrips to macros to cheat and hack engines. The losers brag about ther cheats they also brag about having accounts banned lying about it and getting account reinstated upon appeal. I m not dumb and im not buying the BS it don't happen when it damn well does. Im there every day i see what goes on. Im not a crappy player i do understand game mechanics and i also know when things aren't right either. Past 6 months has gotten really bad. for it. If it isnt cheating its the nasty inboxes from large zergs 20v1 30 vs 1 saying how crappy you are, to go kill yourself and other vulgar abusive harassment. not cool uncalled for and shows what kinda people they are in real life,
    Cheats and abusers need to go!!!!!!!!
    Edited by SeranaVaettir on April 3, 2020 2:19AM
  • Torgauros
    Torgauros
    I never said changing faction should be banned. Let it stay I don't care. I talked about totally something else.
    "thats just how it works" Yea exactly and nothing has been done for all those years. Time for a change.
    PVP is dead because those people that's why I proposed solution.
  • SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    that dont include keep exploits and Resurrection exploits that are done daily. Lets not forget the bunny hops and the sideways hulking jumps. bad players are the ones that do all that stuff.

Edited by SeranaVaettir on April 3, 2020 1:22AM
  • Torgauros
    Torgauros
    About hackers I only mentioned them as a side story because I heard they only get 7 days banned and that is too little.
  • SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    Every body forgets about the 2016 Cheat engine issue. They said it wasnt going on and finally come out it was.
  • SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah 7 days is a joke. they should do like steam make that info public and force them to do public appeals so we can all know who they are.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DukezNukez wrote: »
    I never said changing faction should be banned. Let it stay I don't care. I talked about totally something else.
    "thats just how it works" Yea exactly and nothing has been done for all those years. Time for a change.

Your solution results in effectively preventing players who homed in Gray Host from playing PVP as they wait for their queue to pop. That'll do wonders for fixing "PVP is dead", it really will.

It also won't fix your problems with flipping or "cheating" or Gray Host players homing their alts on Blackreach to farm. Blackreach suffers because its a low pop, low competition campaign (largely because of ZOS' failure to address performance driving away many players), Your solution doesn't change the basics. It makes that worse by effectively reducing the population even more.
  • Torgauros
    Torgauros

Your solution results in effectively preventing players who homed in Gray Host from playing PVP as they wait for their queue to pop. That'll do wonders for fixing "PVP is dead", it really will.

It also won't fix your problems with flipping or "cheating" or Gray Host players homing their alts on Blackreach to farm. Blackreach suffers because its a low pop, low competition campaign (largely because of ZOS' failure to address performance driving away many players), Your solution doesn't change the basics. It makes that worse by effectively reducing the population even more.

You sound like you have an alt and want to farm Blackreach. You say no it wont fix anything etc. It will fix the problem in part. There will be cheating or other campaign people only 2 days/7 days not 7/7 days as it is now. I don't think you did read my post carefully. So if they will come only 2 days in a week and they will have to choose which days are those it will fix a lot.
    I also divided solutions for things that must and should be done. When should means it is not necessary.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You sound like you have an alt and want to farm Blackreach. You say no it wont fix anything etc. It will fix the problem in part. There will be cheating or other campaign people only 2 days/7 days not 7/7 days as it is now. I don't think you did read my post carefully. So if they will come only 2 days in a week and they will have to choose which days are those it will fix a lot.
    I also divided solutions for things that must and should be done. When should means it is not necessary.

LOL. I play Gray Host exclusively because I enjoy faction locked play.

But you've missed the point entirely. You complain about "guests", I.e. if I took my EP character who's homed on Gray Host to. guest farm in Blackreach. But there's nothing stopping me from homing my AD and my DC character on Blackreach and farming/flipping if I wanted to. That's precisely what the unlocked campaign is designed for - players who want to play and farm on multiple factions.

This is pretty much just griping that you can't exclude people you don't consider "regulars" without considering that Blackreach needs all the players it can get if it ever wants to be more than the "overflow campaign."
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 3, 2020 3:01PM
  • Torgauros
    Torgauros
    You did not read my message at all. I mentioned that homing wil be per account and you would be able to HOME only that 1 campaign you choose. So if you Home Gray host you will stay in gray host. Youy did not read my message. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 3, 2020 5:26PM
  • Torgauros
    Torgauros
    Anyway seems almost all those people that complain on chat did not come here to actually say anything so that topic is for closure. I did this topic for them. You can close it I don't care anymore.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well hacking or exploiting is very common with that people from the big campaign.

Today I saw one Mag Dk jumping from the stairs in front of Roe to the MG while placing the ram mid air already getting the first initial hit with just him in it against the gate.
    The same player used Executioner on the sowrd and shield bar, with an Inferno Staff as second weapon, so he couldn't even cancel it.

And of course suddenly 3 people in chat cried out that he is not cheating, sure.
    Edited by L_Nici on April 3, 2020 10:19PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    some of the worst abusers and homing blackreach even if it they are doing it on their alts. some of them if they are on AD just nasty mean vulgar and abusive in the chats. if they are on dc or ep its the cross alliance whisper with nasty mean abuse. Just toxic people. alot of them are the ones running cheats as well. cause when you call it out they get mad and pull the Ted Haggart move. HE WHO CRIES THE LOUDEST. we all know how that ends.
  • SeranaVaettir
    SeranaVaettir
    ✭✭✭
    those abusers are coming from grey host