The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone play d&d via ESO?

worrallj
worrallj
✭✭✭✭✭
All my RP experiences in ESO have been basically "tavern chat," which is fine but feels kinda empty without some adventuring mixed in.

I just started playing d&d with some friends irl. I was thinking a full on d&d session might give RP some more meat. Do you know of any guilds that do this, or mix in some other element to the RP to give it some action outside of the tavern?
  • Iphin
    Iphin
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean like dice rolls?
    "Those who believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand."
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen several guilds that seemed really organized, but Ive only participated in RP groups at a noob level occassionally. One that Ive seen active pretty recent is called The Divine Conclave on PC/NA. I dont have the web bookmark on this device, but there is a good sized active website dedicated to ESO RP with a calendar of events for various RP groups. Will try to link it later if another forum reader doesnt post a link for you.
    Master Craftsman!
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iphin wrote: »
    Do you mean like dice rolls?

I know there are RPers who use dice rolling addons to decide outcomes of things, but I mean full on d&d 5e rules adhearing sessions with a dungeon master and character sheets and everything.
    Edited by worrallj on April 3, 2020 3:16PM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen several guilds that seemed really organized, but Ive only participated in RP groups at a noob level occassionally. One that Ive seen active pretty recent is called The Divine Conclave on PC/NA. I dont have the web bookmark on this device, but there is a good sized active website dedicated to ESO RP with a calendar of events for various RP groups. Will try to link it later if another forum reader doesnt post a link for you.

Interesting, I found a posting of theirs on eso-rp. Sounds like they've come up with their own kind of tabletop rpg rules. Not exactly d&d but that sounds like a similar idea. Thanks!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you considered NWO? It's D&D based, f2p, and I think their dungeon/adventure building engine is still active (?). You can literally make dungeons and scenarios for other people to play through.

Also DDO is still active. Primitive looking in comparison but the ruleset looks very close to the pen-and-paper versions. Obviously adaptations had to be made for real time gameplay.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 8, 2020 3:43AM