The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Performance is an Urgent Issue

Orpheaus
Orpheaus
✭✭✭
Cyrodiil is in dire straits right now. Desync and 3-5 second skill lag is nearly universal in any fight that involves more than about 20 people and it's universal on the map period during primetime. The recent patch was an improvement but it was a very minor improvement. Cyrodiil and AVA was one of the major selling points of this game for a long time. Letting this level of poor performance become a norm will result in even more players leaving.

Lag has been present in Cyrodiil for a long time but it was always predictable and consistent and for the most part it didn't render the game unplayable. That is not the case now. And if ZoS ignores this it will alienate an already depleted playerbase. I love ESO and I love PvP in Cyrodiil. A lot of people share that sentiment, don't abuse people's loyalty by ignoring issues that ruin the gaming experience.

My first MMO I played for 8 years and PvP was absolutely my favorite part of it. However the development team allowed lag to become the defining feature of PvP til the population was so depleted that even if they had fixed the lag PvP would have never been the same due to underpopulation. Please don't let that be the case with this game. It's one of the last non-instanced PvP bastions in the MMO market. At least communicate that you're out here witnessing it and that you're working on improvements. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert I love yall. But we need some acknowledgement that even after that last patch performance desperately needs to be improved. Again, I love this game (nearing 5k hours on steam) and I want it to succeed, but don't abuse your customers loyalty. Cause eventually that ends up breaking.

PS: Before someone jumps in saying "It's not that bad" or "They'll fix it." Proof is in actions not words. And performance has gotten markedly worse since the promise of improved performance.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance was "better" before the "performance patch". Weird...The router and internet provider are the same.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, the big priority is to *** around with LA/HAs. That's of eneormous importance.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to turn off my xbox tonight because I lobbed my controller at the floor.
    Couldnt hit an npc at Nik fd then it took 6-7presses to get my seige to fire. Realize that it's going to take extra effort to do anything so I called for help then proceed DC to the dashboard
    Good times Zos ...smh performance update? k