Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The entire BG queue system is falling apart

darthgummibear_ESO
darthgummibear_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Just had a match where an entire team was completely absent. Green and Purple were full, and Orange had zero players. The match actually started with only two teams. Wtaf, ZOS?
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The activity finder is broken and ZOS has proven incapable of fixing it. No matter how man solo mmo players celebrate the removal of group que'ing, it doesn't change the fact that the change is for performance reasons and not to favor solo play. ZOS just aren't capable of fixing bugs or whole features in this game, the return of being stuck in combat, long load screens, and rollbacks in campaigns just further exemplifies it. If you play ESO and pvp you need to accept the attention they devote to your playstyle is basically non-existent.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    The activity finder is broken and ZOS has proven incapable of fixing it. No matter how man solo mmo players celebrate the removal of group que'ing, it doesn't change the fact that the change is for performance reasons and not to favor solo play. ZOS just aren't capable of fixing bugs or whole features in this game, the return of being stuck in combat, long load screens, and rollbacks in campaigns just further exemplifies it. If you play ESO and pvp you need to accept the attention they devote to your playstyle is basically non-existent.

I feel bad for people who have PVP as their sole activity in this game. I would have quit a while ago. Had another match earlier where 3 times in a row, the other team capped the flag without the flag ever leaving the base. On one of the caps, me and the other guy guarding killed the guy trying to take our flag, and 3-4 seconds later they capped it. The flag never left our spot. Same thing happened to the 3rd team not long after that.

This crap is so far beyond busted.
    Edited by darthgummibear_ESO on February 2, 2020 9:03AM
  • JSTCH
    JSTCH
    ✭✭
    I’m not sure the intentions of the changes to solo only queue but it seems people have found a way to group queue still. i was recently playing bgs a couple of hours and in that time I played the same 4 man group 3 times. I thought I check if it were a coincidence, so I searched one of the players gamer tags and sure enough this guy was in a party with the other players. So poor old me and my lower skill teach got our butts whipped every encounter. Just bring back group que if it’s going to be like this
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSTCH wrote: »
    I’m not sure the intentions of the changes to solo only queue but it seems people have found a way to group queue still. i was recently playing bgs a couple of hours and in that time I played the same 4 man group 3 times. I thought I check if it were a coincidence, so I searched one of the players gamer tags and sure enough this guy was in a party with the other players. So poor old me and my lower skill teach got our butts whipped every encounter. Just bring back group que if it’s going to be like this

This is comically bad.
  • Humanophage
    Humanophage
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I quit ESO and cancelled my subscription around December because I grew fed up with the queues. They took upwards of 10 minutes for a match that is about 10-15 minutes. You have to spend half your gaming time waiting in queues, like it's the USSR in the 1980s. The queues did get briefly fixed a couple of times when waiting was reduced to 2-3 minutes or even less, but then it collapsed again and showed no signs of recovery, instead only growing worse compared even to summer. I gave up at that point.

It is genuinely puzzling how such a complex thing as good gameplay could be successfully implemented, but such a simple thing as a queue could not. Can't even see your stats and MMR.

This is very unfortunate because I loved BG PvP. It had a unique combination of theory-crafting, creativity, and dynamism.
    Edited by Humanophage on April 1, 2020 4:29PM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those only falling apart are the peemade in bg.

Lol.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol.

indeed. I've never played as many BGs as now...fuller groups and no glitchy crappy waiting!!!
    I'm sooooo much happier with BGs right now
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

Lol.

indeed. I've never played as many BGs as now...fuller groups and no glitchy crappy waiting!!!
    I'm sooooo much happier with BGs right now

That has nothing to do with removal of 5 man. Thats a performance fix, that could have been added years ago.
  • Cozzy1991
    Cozzy1991
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick of getting people who have absolutely no right to be qued with me. CP20 players....no food, no 5 piece sets. complete waste of my time. I work hard to keep my food and potions stocked, I should't have these resources wasted by being qued with incompetence.
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Cozzy1991 wrote: »
    I'm sick of getting people who have absolutely no right to be qued with me. CP20 players....no food, no 5 piece sets. complete waste of my time. I work hard to keep my food and potions stocked, I should't have these resources wasted by being qued with incompetence.

They got rid of premades because you guys were steam rolling over teams made up cp 20 no foods. To fix bgs for hardcore pvpers you need to get rid of the random daily xp boost. Then no one will have an incentive to bg, except maybe transmutes and damn cosmetics so get rid of those too.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It’s intentional I think. Most of my games are grouped with people like that. I think it’s a group MMR thing, you’re expected to carry them to a win. Sometimes doable, but there are a lot of lopsided matches.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

It’s intentional I think. Most of my games are grouped with people like that. I think it’s a group MMR thing, you’re expected to carry them to a win. Sometimes doable, but there are a lot of lopsided matches.

1 guy shouldn't be able to carry an entire team to a win. That's all I say is it is so bad right now I refuse to que into it. I work very very hard to farm mats for potions so I agree why should I waste my time/money to carry people that don't care and refuse to learn.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They got rid of premades because you guys were steam rolling over teams made up cp 20 no foods. To fix bgs for hardcore pvpers you need to get rid of the random daily xp boost. Then no one will have an incentive to bg, except maybe transmutes and damn cosmetics so get rid of those too.

But at the end of the day

A) zos should not pair anyone below 160 with people above it the gearset alone makes a difference.

B) it isn't the premades fault that zos has a terrible que system that did not get fixed (I argue it got worse because now 1 person is farming down bad players now which is so much worse when 1 person is getting 30+ kills and 0 deaths)

C) lastly there should be a tutorial for bg much like cyrodil has. It should teach people to stay together and to do the game modes they actually enter. Again that is a zos thing.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone reported about the bug where you can still bypass the solo queue and still queue as a premade? If not I just wanted to add to the discussion that such a bug exists and keeps being abused regularly atm.

:)
    Edited by Qbiken on April 5, 2020 7:38PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Has anyone reported about the bug where you can still bypass the solo queue and still queue as a premade? If not I just wanted to add to the discussion that such a bug exists and keeps being abused regularly atm.

:)

It's not happening on Xbox NA.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But at the end of the day

A) zos should not pair anyone below 160 with people above it the gearset alone makes a difference.

B) it isn't the premades fault that zos has a terrible que system that did not get fixed (I argue it got worse because now 1 person is farming down bad players now which is so much worse when 1 person is getting 30+ kills and 0 deaths)

C) lastly there should be a tutorial for bg much like cyrodil has. It should teach people to stay together and to do the game modes they actually enter. Again that is a zos thing.

I've got 1174 CP and when I use my main characters I tend to have a wide variety of gold gear.....however...I really don't care if I play with people who are lower in gear and exp than me.

It's a game not an E-sport: if the team is crap we may not win but it's still more fun that playing solo (it's not always easy to be online with my buddies) and being steamrolled by a premade.

2 queues? any day. Otherwise I'm happy like this
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1 guy shouldn't be able to carry an entire team to a win. That's all I say is it is so bad right now I refuse to que into it. I work very very hard to farm mats for potions so I agree why should I waste my time/money to carry people that don't care and refuse to learn.

I’ve seen a lot of the really good players do it. Mainly magsorc or stam, I think you need an execute to be able to pull it off well.

When I play my MagDK I’ll have someone setup and be whipping and a stam or magsorc will run by from another team and execute to steal the kill all the time. It’s sort of hilarious, but can be annoying.

I can pull off a carry... sometimes... but it requires teams to be equally as new as my team mates. In some matches like capture the relic there’s no way. I’d say there are maybe 5 players on PC-NA who I see carry their team regularly and can pull off a win with whatever they’re given.

The annoying part about being expected to carry is it favours certain classes. Like as a magtemplar or magblade I’m just happy if my team mates show up in pvp specs so they aren’t siphoning all my healing and killing me, and an execute goes a long way.

As a rule of thumb I’ve noticed a pattern. Anyone sub 20k hps or carrying a bow is new, if you’re whole team is like that you’re pooched.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 8, 2020 2:28PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve seen a lot of the really good players do it. Mainly magsorc or stam, I think you need an execute to be able to pull it off well.

When I play my MagDK I’ll have someone setup and be whipping and a stam or magsorc will run by from another team and execute to steal the kill all the time. It’s sort of hilarious, but can be annoying.

I can pull off a carry... sometimes... but it requires teams to be equally as new as my team mates. In some matches like capture the relic there’s no way. I’d say there are maybe 5 players on PC-NA who I see carry their team regularly and can pull off a win with whatever they’re given.

The annoying part about being expected to carry is it favours certain classes. Like as a magtemplar or magblade I’m just happy if my team mates show up in pvp specs so they aren’t siphoning all my healing and killing me, and an execute goes a long way.

As a rule of thumb I’ve noticed a pattern. Anyone sub 20k hps or carrying a bow is new, if you’re whole team is like that you’re pooched.

Yep and that creates a stressful less enjoyable experience for the players being paired with new players and at least for me it would make me log out and go play for Honor with my wife since ya know we can play together. A game mode shouldn't make you do that.

Yes I know solo players went through this but again at the end of the day you did it to yourself by not grouping in a group mode. Instead of solo que they should have just made a 4-12 man free for all match rather than ruining a team based mode and trying to force everyone to play solo just because that's how they want to play.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, what's wrong with bow?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It’s pretty weak, some people will bombard spam but that’s more annoying than effective. There are too many counters to ranged attacks.

It’s also the favourite weapon for new players. I think they want to get their feet wet in pvp so think being ranged will let them sit back safely. ESO favours melee and brawling over ranged. With targeting how it is it’s common to see pet walls and wardens who just clean up against projectile classes. It’s likely that way because for pvp balance you need melee to have an advantage, but 4 brawlers vs 4 bow users and the brawlers will win every time.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 8, 2020 11:17PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Yep and that creates a stressful less enjoyable experience for the players being paired with new players and at least for me it would make me log out and go play for Honor with my wife since ya know we can play together. A game mode shouldn't make you do that.

Yes I know solo players went through this but again at the end of the day you did it to yourself by not grouping in a group mode. Instead of solo que they should have just made a 4-12 man free for all match rather than ruining a team based mode and trying to force everyone to play solo just because that's how they want to play.

It is still not a groupmode, the majority played it soloqueue all the time man... you just had the option to group up and it seems that it did dmg the health more than it did good for bgs that’s why they decided that way... accept it and hope they bring up 2 modes with the next addon. Btw you can still play in team with randoms, just a little tip... imagine everyone that soloqueues in lol etc would give a damn about their team and then say in Forum everyone is crap in low Elo meanwhile they complain about elohell while it’s proven 262727261 times that elohell doesn’t exist :)
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »

It is still not a groupmode, the majority played it soloqueue all the time man... you just had the option to group up and it seems that it did dmg the health more than it did good for bgs that’s why they decided that way... accept it and hope they bring up 2 modes with the next addon. Btw you can still play in team with randoms, just a little tip... imagine everyone that soloqueues in lol etc would give a damn about their team and then say in Forum everyone is crap in low Elo meanwhile they complain about elohell while it’s proven 262727261 times that elohell doesn’t exist :)

@Lole

Yes you CAN play in a team solo, but most don't even respond to a single hello so yep that is a great TEAM EFFORT right there. So tell me how I play as a team if this happens exactly? (Happens very very often ps4na btw)

And please stop spewing your nonsense I don't take anything you say seriously until you answer my question. Everytime I see you reply to me you disappear for some te then come back like I never asked a thing, and that's because you can't find an answer that helps your agenda lol.

So here it goes again and I don't expect an answer btw because I know you can't give one. Name other games that ban any type of group que (duo, trio, 4 man, ECT) in their PVP game modes. I'll continue to wait for an answer because no other game is going to tell players they can't play together in a game mode that has a team aspect to it.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody gives a damn about other games man do you get that [snip] ?they got reasons for that change and all your wa I can’t play with my wife won’t change that... Play [snip] cYro if you don’t wanna do that [snip]... you have group Content there [snip]... I’m fine with soloqueue for now I like to bang all thoose [snip] that got carried by their group before :)

[edited for baiting and bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 9, 2020 2:09PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s pretty weak, some people will bombard spam but that’s more annoying than effective. There are too many counters to ranged attacks.

It’s also the favourite weapon for new players. I think they want to get their feet wet in pvp so think being ranged will let them sit back safely. ESO favours melee and brawling over ranged. With targeting how it is it’s common to see pet walls and wardens who just clean up against projectile classes. It’s likely that way because for pvp balance you need melee to have an advantage, but 4 brawlers vs 4 bow users and the brawlers will win every time.

Front bar bow is weak, but there is no problem with back bar bow, especially Masters.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »
    Nobody gives a damn about other games man do you get that or are you that smart ?they got reasons for that change and all your wa I can’t play with my wife won’t change that... Play god damn cYro if you don’t wanna do that then it’s your damn problem... you have group Content there if you don’t take it it’s your problem not mine... I’m fine with soloqueue for now I like to bang all thoose plebs that got carried by their group before :)

[snip]
    This change doesn't prove to be more challenging than when group que was around. If anything it is easier and just dumbed down content.

Lastly this game needs to be compared to others because guess what? This game won't be around forever if it doesn't. The next new innovative game will come out then the next then the next and each one draws people away. They still never released numbers proving people wanted this change as a small small group of players actually come to the forums.

[snip] cyrodil is designed for 30+ people at a time not 2-4..... Big difference than BG plus seige makes it different [snip] between BG and cyrodil pvp.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 9, 2020 2:12PM