The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need less grind. Therefore, we want... a shrubbery!

John_Falstaff
John_Falstaff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I think ZOS is missing big time on getting even more crowns from users. And what I mean here, give us gardening that isn't just decorative - let people grow alchemy ingredient plants at homes. What's in it for ZOS? More crowns - sales of alchemical plant gardens, sales of houses to place those at. For users, some source of alchemy to alleviate the price of certain ingredients and the grind for them (looking at all those high-demand plants for tripots and spell/weapon power potions). Yes, it will adjust the market, but I'd say the market could use some adjustment. Less grind, more gameplay.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I can see with letting players harvest stuff from inside instanced houses is that's also a bot's dream. The ability to harvest without ever being spotted by a player? They'd be all over that.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FFXIV has the ability to grow crafting mats at player housing, I wonder how they prevent bots from doing that?

One thing which comes to mind is the only way to get a player home in that game is buying with gil (gold) and not cash shop currency, you cannot buy an in game house with real money there at all.

Not sure how that would stop a bot however.

I know one housing area is in an expansion zone, where there are NEVER any bots, but the others are not.

Maybe owning a player home requires a sub, and free trial members can't get it. that would stop bots from using housing.

But requiring ESO+ to own a house wouldn't really work in ESO.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those are all ways to consider to prevent bots, but to be frank, I didn't even have that in mind, to make a plain copy of overland farming nodes, just indoors (although it's also doable). What I had in my mind is more of a furnishings sets that act like alchemy hireling - buy for crowns, and it gives you a kind of your own alchemy survey indoors with a large cooldown (twenty hours? less?). More houses, more gardens, more plants to visit and harvest every day.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! White Knight Chronicles would let you place harvest-ables in your town (their version of a player home), and others could harvest them as well. ES3 Morrowind would let you place them (via map editor, mind you) in your home, and it was incredible. Maybe in eso...

1. can only be harvested by the owner
    2. can be crafted from rare formulae***
    3. *** must have achievement, Master Harvester (collect 100 [alchemy ingredient]) to craft
    4. can be purchased with crowns
    5. refresh every 12 hours? More frequent than hirelings, but less frequent than world refresh
    6. orrrrr to be completely unique... they could introduce a new skill line, gardening (for alchemy and provisioning) and nodes could be crafted easily... but unless you have high gardening lvl, you could kill the plant and need to craft a new one.
    7. IF we had a gardening skill line... there could be a drop rate for seeds and like

Really, anything to help balance the price gouging in Guild Stores. And I am always all about docile/domestic skill lines.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way this would be acceptable is to have a 10 item harvest limit per account per 24 hour period.

And 10 items might be too high....

Now, node statics, that would be cool.
    Edited by Nestor on March 16, 2020 2:49PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The only way this would be acceptable is to have a 10 item harvest limit per account per 24 hour period.

Don't see the logic behind it. Not saying it should give abundance of ingredients, but your proposal will likely make the time spent in loading screen to own home not worth the same time spent making half a circle around Hollow City. The idea is not to make people rich, but to make people who agree to pay crowns for their gardens more or less supplied with potions for their own needs. 10 items/account/day makes it a gimmick not worth taking over regular harvesting, even for free.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

FF XIV is actually longer than that. You have to tend to the garden items each day. The items themselves just like real plants have different times to maturity. The WoW MoP farm has a similar idea in the need to tend to the garden for some number of days until the plants matured. I don't remember WoW that well but in FF XIV gardening's main purpose is to provide rare crafting ingredients not available in the open world. I see no reason gardening in ESO couldn't follow a similar process of gardening providing things like plants for furnishings or to use in the making of furnishings. To play to the ZOS love of RNG some plants could provide nothing, nickel/dime trash or die (i.e. the used bait of housing).
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FFXIV shard crops (shards are "fuel" for crafting, required in addition to mats, but usually for lower level recipes) take only 24 hours and can yield 800 per garden plot.

Other crops however, like Glazenuts, not only take almost a week to mature, but require cross breeding 2 other plants which take almost a week to grow to get glazenut seeds.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    FFXIV shard crops (shards are "fuel" for crafting, required in addition to mats, but usually for lower level recipes) take only 24 hours and can yield 800 per garden plot.

Other crops however, like Glazenuts, not only take almost a week to mature, but require cross breeding 2 other plants which take almost a week to grow to get glazenut seeds.

I'm not proposing something as complicated as the cross breeding. To me FFXIV went too far into the grind with their system when I only wanted four of those chile peppers but got one every other week. I relied upon my retainer for shards as gardening space was too scarce for me to use for other than cross breeding.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Wars 2 has something similar. You can harvest them once a day, I think.

That would solve the bot problem. If account-wide you can harvest things once a day, it doesn't matter if you do it manually, or use a bot, it won't yield any more.