The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagNecro dps skill rotation?

Nova_J
Nova_J
✭✭✭✭
Hey peeps, I'm fairly new to the game and am trying to better my dps on my necro. My stats are good but in vet dungeons and other end game content my dps is lacking and im thinking its because I lack proper rotation and LA weaving etc. I've tried to look online but everyone is saying different things or the build is outdated so I came here.

Do you guys have any advice on what I should be doing?
I am running Julianos and Mother's Sorrow with 2 lighting staffs.

My spell damage is 2159 and my crit is 68% without potions.

Any suggestions would be great ty.
Edited by Nova_J on April 1, 2020 12:13AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best Magcro rotations are very dynamic and difficult to master. I’m not a great Magcro so I just do a simple one.

Front Bar: Skull, Blastbones, Arcanist, Siphon, Inner Light, Shooting Star

Back Bar: Unstable Wall, Orb, Boneyard, Channeled Accel, Siphon/Flex Spot, Colossus

Rotation is to start with: Channeled Accel, swap, Blastbones, Arcanist, swap

Then repeat:
    1. Boneyard
    2. Orb
    3. Wall
    swap
    4. Blastbones + Siphon (simultaneously)
    5. Skull
    6. Skull
    7. Blastbones + Siphon (simultaneously)
    8. Skull
    9. Skull
    10. Blastbones (no Siphon here, save the corpse for Boneyard)
    swap

Recast Arcanist instead of a Skull whenever it runs out, and use Colossus instead of Skull as needed. If the fight is long enough to recast Accel it just replaces 2 Skulls in a row, or you can use Barbed Trap dynamically replacing one Skull cast. You have to be pretty close to the enemy for the Blastbones to work with only 2 skills in between, but this is important for damage and corpse generation.

That setup has 4 Gravelord abilities front bar so it works best with 60% Spell Crit. I like using Spell Strat, False Gods Devotion, and Ilambris. There are many other sets that give similar results: Sorrow, BSW, Siroria, NMA, etc. If you have closer to 50% Spell Crit then replace Shooting Star (only there for the Mages Guild passives) with Colossus on both bars for more crit in execute.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best Magcro rotations are very dynamic and difficult to master. I’m not a great Magcro so I just do a simple one.

Front Bar: Skull, Blastbones, Arcanist, Siphon, Inner Light, Shooting Star

Back Bar: Unstable Wall, Orb, Boneyard, Channeled Accel, Siphon/Flex Spot, Colossus

Rotation is to start with: Channeled Accel, swap, Blastbones, Arcanist, swap

Then repeat:
    1. Boneyard
    2. Orb
    3. Wall
    swap
    4. Blastbones + Siphon (simultaneously)
    5. Skull
    6. Skull
    7. Blastbones + Siphon (simultaneously)
    8. Skull
    9. Skull
    10. Blastbones (no Siphon here, save the corpse for Boneyard)
    swap

Recast Arcanist instead of a Skull whenever it runs out, and use Colossus instead of Skull as needed. If the fight is long enough to recast Accel it just replaces 2 Skulls in a row, or you can use Barbed Trap dynamically replacing one Skull cast. You have to be pretty close to the enemy for the Blastbones to work with only 2 skills in between, but this is important for damage and corpse generation.

That setup has 4 Gravelord abilities front bar so it works best with 60% Spell Crit. I like using Spell Strat, False Gods Devotion, and Ilambris. There are many other sets that give similar results: Sorrow, BSW, Siroria, NMA, etc. If you have closer to 50% Spell Crit then replace Shooting Star (only there for the Mages Guild passives) with Colossus on both bars for more crit in execute.

Thank you, and what is the channeled accl ability? And also, do you use light attacks after every skill? Or heavys?
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    For my Magcro I really like using Draugrkin + Mother Sorrow with maelstrom staff back bar (double lightning destro) , but since you are new and might not have access to these sets using sorrow and julianos is a great mix!
    For my skills I use Ricochet Skull, Blast Bones, Arcanist, Mystic Siphon, Degeneration, and Colossus on my front bar, and then Unstable Wall of Elements, Boneyard, Summoner's Armor, Mystic Orb, and Channeled Acceleration on the back bar (Channeled Acceleration is a Psijic Order skill gained through the Summerset expansion, you can replace this with trap from the fighters guild for minor force if you dont own Summerset!) and my rotation usually goes like this:

Prebuff with Summoner Armor, Arcanist and channeled accel, cast blast bones as you lead into the boss fight then start with the back bar doing LA > Wall > LA > Boneyard > LA > Orb > Swap > LA > Blast Bones > LA > Skull > LA > Degeneration > LA Arcanist then immediately mystic siphon (siphon is off the gcd so you can do this with ease) > LA > Blast Bones > Swap to back bar and repeat
    LA = Light Attack
    Use Ult as soon as you can, I reccomend using witchmother brew for extra recovery if needed
    The sets mentioned in other posts are ones id reccomend as well, with the addition of Draugrkin (in the Harrow Storm DLC Unhallowed Grave Dungeon) to really boost your damage over times abilities, specifically mystic siphon, which procs multiple times a second!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Channeled Acceleration is a Psijic skill that gives Minor Force (10% more crit damage) for 36 seconds. It’s pretty important for Necromancers since they have 100% crit chance in execute. You can substitute Fighters Guild Barbed Trap for the same buff.

And Light Attacks between every skill, only heavy if you run out of Magicka.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dynamic rotation is the key. Your priority is Blastbones.
    Before engaging the fight don't forget to pre-cast Skeletal Arcanist, Channeled Acceleration and pre-summon blastbones. It should hit the target the moment tank pulls the boss and then you drop the graveyard on top of its corpse to get that 20% bonus damage. You know the rest.
    Edited by Anhedonie on April 1, 2020 7:30AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.