The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightmare Horse Stick Mount Scam

• Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a very common practice, X company (ZOS) sells a product that is not what the customer expects, the customer discovers it, the store apologizes and reimburses.

But in that time many of those who bought it do not have the time or do not mind having spent X money on that product and they keep the prduct.

"We forgot to put the pay to lose label"

Perhaps it is true that it was an innocent mistake.

But why wait until a customer complaint?

I still remember the spy attempt...
    Edited by Chicharron on March 27, 2020 8:27PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, these would have been better if they had been put under the "personalities" category rather than the mounted category, that way you could run around with it while still also equipping a normal mount
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, these would have been better if they had been put under the "personalities" category rather than the mounted category, that way you could run around with it while still also equipping a normal mount

Oh good lord, this is brilliant.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are FAR FAR worse monetary practices going on in the gaming industry than the ESO crown store...
    I'd suggest we all count ourselves very lucky, it could be a LOT worse.
  • SRTtoZ
    SRTtoZ
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason they don't give any disclaimers about how it doesn't use real mount speed. I don't care if they did it in the past, they didn't do it now and that's all that matters for people who are newer to the game. All they have to do is say they don't use real mount speed, its just a gag etc. I am still keeping mine because I think its funny as hell and it looks cool especially when you use the mountspecial ability.

Also I think it actually uses mount Stamina since it shows the mount gauge and drains VERY slowly. And let's be honest, it's only 1500 crowns when their other mounts cost double+ that.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    1st. This mount is majestic and beautiful. I am saddened to hear you do not agree

2nd. I used that mount allllll last night in Cyrodil inspiring the horde. As I rode my majestic beast...the warriors fought harder!!

3rd. When you hit jump he nays!! Like your guy nays!!!

4th. Sometimes speed..is overrated. Enjoy the stroll

5th. Nobody would attack me while mounted on that beast. I think all players find it amusing and it brings a smile.

The sound alone (though I use the Guar one from last year) makes it worth it.

And I certainly wouldn’t attack someone on such a majestic steed.

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ask for a refund, nice and politely.

I did just that for an entire game elsewhere, months after I purchased it. It was plagued with bugs that never got fixed.

Loads of people saying they couldn't get refunds. They also posted their emails revealing utterly vulgar treatment of staff.

Me? I produced a well-written report on my dissatisfaction with the product, explained exactly what the problem was, and requested a refund, acknowledging the company's right to say no, as it was beyond the agreed "warranty" period post-purchase.

One week later I had a full refund.

Madness, I know, but you'll be impressed by how far politeness gets you in life.

I like this ^ So very true @CMDR_Un1k0rn
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the previous variants were the same, and at the time this was explained. It's a novelty item, like the Pet Rock.

Of course!!! For older players this is known. However, maybe they could add one line in the description for new players. Maybe it's better that every year a new players posts the same comment in forum instead of the devs adding a sentence.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only problem with it is that you carry it on your shoulder when you sprint instead of just galloping faster. That alone almost makes me want a refund.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.png?width=942&height=530

This is another MMORPG game, but the mount is very very similar. I assure that this mount goes at the same speed then all the others.

IT'S POSSIBLE.

DO IT please
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm kind of glad I didn't bother getting it I guess it is to fit in with the fact it is a stick but still people probably won't use it much if it goes slow aside from using it for fun moments.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it was purchasable during the jester’s festival 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only problem with it is that you carry it on your shoulder when you sprint instead of just galloping faster. That alone almost makes me want a refund.

See I love that lol
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (Bangs head on table)

It’s a stick with a horses head 🤔 in what kind of weird world would it make you go as fast as a normal horse...?

Could you imagine how cr*p that would look 😈😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

It's Jester Festival, things are supposed to be weird and humorous. I agree it would look bizarre beyond words if you ran as fast as a mount on this but for all new players know that's the entire idea of it.

Yeah, it's the Jester's Festival ... think about it ... the JESTER's Festival.

and they are selling you a stick-horse as a mount ... with a picture of what it looks like ....

At some point, the player has got to start asking questions, rather than just assuming how everything is going to be.

IMHO

:#
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like a refund of my crowns. I have never seen this "mount" before as I took a long break from the game. Bought it yesterday and this "mount" can't even run at full speed. Nowhere does it state that is just novelty and can't run at actual mount speed. The description should be changed and those who want refunds should get the 1500 crowns refunded.
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like this fake mount i would like a ice one next year 😉
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me want sparkly unicorn mount that leave a rainbow trail behind and snort fairy dust..

🙄
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I viewed as a mount for when youre in towns and fartin around.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SRTtoZ
    SRTtoZ
    ✭✭✭
    For 1500 crowns its still worth it as its so silly and fun and it looks cool as hell. It's a great 'mount' for messing around in town.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Last year when we sold similar stick mounts we had red text in the item description to make it clear that these were not typical mounts. This was mistakenly left off this year and will be added in a future update. We will also be adjusting the text on the previous stick mounts to make this more clear for new players. We have also created a support article on our website that explains it further.

If you are unhappy with your purchase and would like a refund, please submit a ticket. Our support team can assist with that process. Apologies for any confusion this has caused.

Here's an idea. Make it move mount speed because there's clearly a market for that. People bought it for that. Give people what they want.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an idea. Make it move mount speed because there's clearly a market for that. People bought it for that. Give people what they want.

Definitely agree.
    ZOS pls have ears !

Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me want sparkly unicorn mount that leave a rainbow trail behind and snort fairy dust..

🙄

Well....Not gunna lie...

Now I want one too
    toys-melissa-doug-prance-n-play-stick-unicorn-kids-toys-1_2000x.jpg?v=1572654685

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I’d like to note that on
    PS4 NA
    We have a player that is well known and Always rides their classic StickMount and it never fails to make me laugh watching as they “Charge into Battle

These items do what they are supposed to do...give ppl a gd laugh

Would it be cool if it went mount speed!? Sure...but no where near as funny...
  • PsychotropicDog
    PsychotropicDog
    Soul Shriven
    So 'actual' mounts moving at silly looking speed is ok, but a stick mount is not... right got it.
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, one big lol just come after see the pictures of this mount
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a stick horse. If you want it to move faster, improve your non-existant athletic skills!
    Edited by Syldras on September 2, 2020 4:23PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abelsgmx wrote: »
    Syldras wrote: »
    It's a stick horse. If you want it to move faster, improve your non-existant athletic skills!

6yGc5lC.png
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abelsgmx wrote: »
    Syldras wrote: »

6yGc5lC.png

I see you're contributing too.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire