The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need some help with class and build.

MagicPie
MagicPie
✭✭✭
Hi all, i started playing eso a month ago and i am having a blast. However i just cannot decide which class to play mainly because most builds i found have too many buffs and everything in rotation and that would be fine 20 years ago when i was younger and could do that stuff without issues, now i just lose focus and keep failing to do them right.

I would like to ask if someone can post a class and build i could play overland and vet dungeons with minimal rotation and have decent dps and survivability. Just something i can roll my face on keyboard and be decent :P (every other mmo i played has a class/build like that)
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are some solo one bar builds out their, with exact setups. Just Google eso solo one bar.

Edit: their is a templer setup out their that can push 60k dps by just using jabs.
    Edited by Mortiis13 on March 31, 2020 1:37PM
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina templar or magicka?
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me see if I find a link
  • MongooseOne
    MongooseOne
    ✭✭✭
    I second Magicka Templar for ease and survivability.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't find it, but it was magicka. Maybe some else find the link. Sry
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Ok np thanks :)
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Every video i found was with ppl that have all gold gear and a lot of cp, my cp is around 250.

Also any stamina build that has simple rotation? class does not matter, i like all classes in eso.
  • MongooseOne
    MongooseOne
    ✭✭✭
    It’s been a minute since I last checked but I believe Stamina Templar is considered easiest rotation and Nightblade the hardest.

Keep in mind no rotation is going to be without weapon swaps and DoTs/buffs.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    It’s been a minute since I last checked but I believe Stamina Templar is considered easiest rotation and Nightblade the hardest.

Keep in mind no rotation is going to be without weapon swaps and DoTs/buffs.

Yeah i understand that and i have no problems using both bars, i am not looking for 1 bar build but rather simplified rotation and build.
  • imnottrolling
    imnottrolling
    ✭✭
    Google Liko on YouTube, he has most builds and rotations and for stamina I'd just go stamplar. It has a really easy rotation, just spam jabs with the occasional dots. For magicka you could try petsorc or magplar
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pretty basic setup for any stamina solo character is two hander / bow. Endless hail and poison injection from your back bar with rally and brawler on your front bar for survivability.

Endless hail does decent AOE damage and procs your bow enchantment.

Poison injection does decent ranged single target damage and has an execute built into it.

Rally gives you major brutality for increased damage, and minor endurance for a little more stamina recovery. It can be recast for a self heal that gets stronger the longer it runs.

Brawler does cleave damage on groups of enemies in front of you, and creates an automatic damage shield that gets stronger the more enemies you hit.

You can fill in the rest of the skills with whatever you feel fit your play style.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    A pretty basic setup for any stamina solo character is two hander / bow. Endless hail and poison injection from your back bar with rally and brawler on your front bar for survivability.

Poison injection does decent ranged single target damage and has an execute built into it.

Rally gives you major brutality for increased damage, and minor endurance for a little more stamina recovery. It can be recast for a self heal that gets stronger the longer it runs.

Brawler does cleave damage on groups of enemies in front of you, and creates an automatic damage shield that gets stronger the more enemies you hit.

You can fill in the rest of the skills with whatever you feel fit your play style.

Will that be okay for veteran dungeons as well?
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want ease of play then a magicka templar is easiest if you play a healer

make one bar for healing and one bar for dd, use one healing set and one dd set, have on hand a monster set for dd and for healing and use whichever you need more of in a fight.

there are two crafted set you could use full time, seducer and torugs pact are great choices, or until you find sets you want (or even go bsw and mothers sorrow - yes for healing and dd)

i have seducer and torugs pact on my main who is a healer/dd warden and she just does so good with those two crafted sets that i went ahead and made her gear gold. you can use either an ice or lightning staff and a resto staff with her. if you need more info just mesage me, i'll post a video of her build, with just highlights of how i put her together...
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Lady_Linux wrote: »

make one bar for healing and one bar for dd, use one healing set and one dd set, have on hand a monster set for dd and for healing and use whichever you need more of in a fight.

there are two crafted set you could use full time, seducer and torugs pact are great choices, or until you find sets you want (or even go bsw and mothers sorrow - yes for healing and dd)

i have seducer and torugs pact on my main who is a healer/dd warden and she just does so good with those two crafted sets that i went ahead and made her gear gold. you can use either an ice or lightning staff and a resto staff with her. if you need more info just mesage me, i'll post a video of her build, with just highlights of how i put her together...

Thanks for info, i might just go with termplar.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CiferX wrote: »
    Lady_Linux wrote: »

Thanks for info, i might just go with termplar.

You can do it with any class.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every video i found was with ppl that have all gold gear and a lot of cp, my cp is around 250.

Also any stamina build that has simple rotation? class does not matter, i like all classes in eso.

@CiferX Sounds to me like you’re more PvE. That will allow you lots of leeway to play around with sets and skills.

Take some time to learn how to put your own builds together from your experiences while playing.

Cx, You will have so much more fun theory crafting in ESO. :)

If you want a Stamina toon and it has to be one bar....then Stamden can give you everything that you need.

You could use anything but Stamden has a great mixture of dps, healing, tanking skills to get you in any role in dungeons fast. It is quite beginner friendly and forgiving, as well.

What platform and server are you if I may ask?

Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on March 31, 2020 4:44PM
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    I am on PC/EU, and i am fine with bar swap as well :)
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/DYg01zddxZw

OFC this was made on PTS with meta gear, but you may start with whatever you find, buy some cheap Julianos set at lvl 10-12 (take care that it's a usable level for you), and get better same type gear after lvl 30. Julianos (or e.g. Spinner or Baharaha) is good also after lvl 50. Good lightning staves (best choice for magplar IMO) are dropped in Deshaan.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magdk and Pet Sorcs have easier rotations as they are based on 15 and 10 second damage over time skills respectively.

Edit: Fixed. I cast Curse twice a rotation. The ten-second thing was true a few patches ago for magdk but they keep buffing the time.
    Edited by Narvuntien on March 31, 2020 6:26PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Magdk and Pet Sorcs have easier rotations as they are based on 10 second damage over time skills.

Dk - Engulfing 14 seconda, flames of oblivion 15, burning embers 14, eruption 20 <- very much 10 second rotation on dk here.

Sorc - pet sorc, curse is 6 seconds. Non pet it is 12 seconds.

Yes, anymore wisdom you got for us?
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »

Will that be okay for veteran dungeons as well?

That alone is not going to be doing massive damage in vet dungeons, but you fill it in with other skills, and your gear choices make a big difference as well. The DPS requirements to clear base game vet dungeons are actually quite low. DLC vet dungeons are higher, but not necessarily punishingly higher.

For group play, you can always get rid of rally and brawler, under the assumption you will not be taking much damage, and don’t need to self heal, and replace those skills with a higher damage spammable and potions for brutality, weapon critical, and stamina regeneration.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly, the only role your face on the keyboard class that will perform is petsorc. Maybe not good, but decent.

To get OK, you’re gonna have to do 2 or 3 abilities on back bar, swap to front; then light attack and spammable a few times. Then start over.

It’s pretty simple to get ok with every class.

Every stam is gonna do endless hail, poison inject back bar, swap then light attack, spam weave and maybe throw in a few more abilities for good measure.

Magic toons are much the same. Wall of elements, some aoe class dot, swap spam weave some kind of skill. Drop ultimates.

I’m not super good either and I don’t think the vast majority of players are.

Possibly, instead of rolling your face on the keyboard, if you were to bang your head on it could yield better results.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for info, really helpful :)
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/DYg01zddxZw

OFC this was made on PTS with meta gear, but you may start with whatever you find, buy some cheap Julianos set at lvl 10-12 (take care that it's a usable level for you), and get better same type gear after lvl 30. Julianos (or e.g. Spinner or Baharaha) is good also after lvl 50. Good lightning staves (best choice for magplar IMO) are dropped in Deshaan.

I was just watching this, i really like it :D