The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

most successfull classes in bg

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
1. magsorc
2. templar
3. stamcro
4. dk, stamden

even tho there are allways 2 morphs for warden and necro skills it seems stamina versions of those classes dominate.

what do u guys think. templar > magsorc ? or stamcro on number 1 ?
Edited by Noctus on March 15, 2020 3:29PM
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    dk stamden stamcro tied for first, everyone else behind in an orderly line.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best classes are: mWarden, mTemplar , mDK and stam necro. 3 magicka cross healing and Stam necro for burst and healing debuff. Stam necro could be replaced by mSorc if the warden use healing debuff.

All these stam solo players that are very typical for Cyro performs only in not organized groups. MMR right now is kind of stabilized again in EU at prime time and you can start seeing again that magicka cross healing is the right way to dominate.
    Because I can!
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It varies somewhat based on team compositions, but as a general rule I think there's a big block of all Stamina classes + Mag Sorcs at the top.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends on your group really and the players you get.

My main would be a MagWarden these days and I like it a lot, but sometimes the group makes it harder to play. Get a group of new players who refuses to push with no cross healing and I’ll switch to my magsorc because it’s self sufficient.

I’ll say I think the best group I’ve had was 3 magsorcs when I was on my magtemplar. Went 500 vs less than 200 points on both opposing teams against decent players.

In general I’d say:

Stamsorc
    (Sunbark on his MagDK)
    Magsorc
    Stamwarden
    Stamnecro
    MagWarden
    Magtemplar
    Stamdk
    MagDK
    Magblade
    Magnecro
    Stamblade

That list is just from what I see taking the players who play those classes into account.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 16, 2020 12:29PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    other classes >> class I decide to play

Honestly I think it all depends on what bracket you are in. There are days where I can dominate anyone, but other days where I just feel ashamed of my performance. Also, if your teammates are potatoes and don’t stick together, there is not much you can do against competent enemy groups.

Overall: sTemp, sNecro (full blown offensive stats), mSorc > rest
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    other classes >> class I decide to play

Honestly I think it all depends on what bracket you are in. There are days where I can dominate anyone, but other days where I just feel ashamed of my performance. Also, if your teammates are potatoes and don’t stick together, there is not much you can do against competent enemy groups.

Overall: sTemp, sNecro (full blown offensive stats), mSorc > rest

Yea, bracket matters a lot and so do team mates. I would say some classes just play worse than others because of mag healing though.

If it’s a weekday outside of prime time I get more matches with and against good players for whatever reason. Prime time for me is a disaster, people don’t heal themselves and run around everywhere.

I’ll play all my mag classes normally, but come prime time I stick to classes with self sufficient healing. Not being able to heal myself if other team mates don’t makes some classes unplayable with poor team mates. Being half health and every time you try to heal yourself it goes on someone else is ridiculous.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 16, 2020 1:22PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    1. magsorc
    2. templar
    3. stamcro
    4. dk, stamden

even tho there are allways 2 morphs for warden and necro skills it seems stamina versions of those classes dominate.

what do u guys think. templar > magsorc ? or stamcro on number 1 ?

Templar? What year is this? There's very few people playing templars anymore in bgs. At least on PC NA they're extinct. There was only one magplar who was a regular in high mmr games and i haven't even seen that person weeks.

"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based solely on my personal experience, and really only considering deathmatch BGs:

1. Magsorc
    2. Stamplar, stamden, stamDK, magDK
    3. Magden, magplar, stamcro
    4. Stamsorc
    5. Magcro, stamblade
    6. Magblade
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    You all rate magcro so low :(
    It has probably the highest aoe burst in the game and strong sustain and Defence

Maybe you just didn’t meet decently built ones yet
    Edited by Lole on March 17, 2020 3:20PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag NB :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »
    It has probably the highest aoe burst in the game and strong sustain and Defence

Maybe yea. I met a magnecro who rocked me 1v1 on my magtemplar, I was really impressed. Most seem to be overly tanky and lack output.

Magblade is definitely not last on the list too, it’s easily stamblades. Most try to run around with 18k health and just get rocked, I’ve only seen one who I thought did a great job. Most stamblades I heal for more then their damage and they still die because they’re pure glass.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 17, 2020 3:45PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By "decently built" you really mean, "playing a gimmicked, 1-trick-pony build." There are a couple of people who run/ran it with some success, but it's still generally inferior to "normal" builds on most other classes, at least against good opponents (and those very same players tend to be more dangerous on their other characters). If you aren't caught off-guard, it's really not that difficult to counter most of the time.

That dumb gimmick is really holding the class back, IMO, since it's such an obvious thing for people to bring up when one mentions how bad Magicka Necromancer offense is otherwise. For those of us that don't enjoy cheesing with Harmony, Magicka Necromancer's offense basically consists of Blastbones + a spammable. Such a setup can work out fine for Stamina builds, thanks to itemization and Dizzying Swing being so much better than alternatives, but it simply isn't good enough for Magicka.

Edit:
    Magicka Necromancer sustain also isn't what I'd call "strong" by any means. The Undead Confederate passive doesn't even pay for itself, and is really just extra "cost reduction" on keeping a pet up (plus 200 Stam regen, which is nice but nothing super special). Other than that, the only "sustain skill" is Mystic Siphon, which isn't really worth using. I've played Magicka Necromancer, Warden, and Templar with almost identical baseline regen numbers, and the Necromancer's sustain feels noticeably worse than the other 2.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on March 17, 2020 4:55PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only seen one good magcro and was only a threat because people was unaware of the one trick ability he was doing. Even caught me off guard at first but once I realize what he did it wasn’t a factor.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

By "decently built" you really mean, "playing a gimmicked, 1-trick-pony build." There are a couple of people who run/ran it with some success, but it's still generally inferior to "normal" builds on most other classes, at least against good opponents (and those very same players tend to be more dangerous on their other characters). If you aren't caught off-guard, it's really not that difficult to counter most of the time.

That dumb gimmick is really holding the class back, IMO, since it's such an obvious thing for people to bring up when one mentions how bad Magicka Necromancer offense is otherwise. For those of us that don't enjoy cheesing with Harmony, Magicka Necromancer's offense basically consists of Blastbones + a spammable. Such a setup can work out fine for Stamina builds, thanks to itemization and Dizzying Swing being so much better than alternatives, but it simply isn't good enough for Magicka.

Edit:
    Magicka Necromancer sustain also isn't what I'd call "strong" by any means. The Undead Confederate passive doesn't even pay for itself, and is really just extra "cost reduction" on keeping a pet up (plus 200 Stam regen, which is nice but nothing super special). Other than that, the only "sustain skill" is Mystic Siphon, which isn't really worth using. I've played Magicka Necromancer, Warden, and Templar with almost identical baseline regen numbers, and the Necromancer's sustain feels noticeably worse than the other 2.

Yes with decently built I am talking about someone that uses the best skill magcro has... surprisingly, most classes are 1 trick pony when it comes to that Most classes run a setup with a skill that enables them their burstwindow. You wanna sit there and spam someone to death with bb and a spammable ? Sounds less fun to me.
    It’s also not cheesy or anything it’s a normal metaskill for magcros...Just cuz you need to get harmony for it doesn’t make it cheesy.

Landing the graveyard against melees is a case of musclememory and nothing else, the syn has a 0 frame startup and you can use it allrdy before the graveyard is out... properly done you cant counter it at all besides randomly dodging arround, but that can happen to almost everything.

Magcro is pretty strong vs the current melee meta and that’s only cuz of that little “gimmick“, if we lose this now, necro would be unplayable in pvp not even a 50% dmgbuff to bb would be enough to fill that hole.

Magcro needs a decent cc and it would be in a topspot. But it struggles massively vs sorcs for the reason of getting close enough to land the graveyard.

Edit:
    Did you btw ever play a aggressive necro build ? You might be surprised how much dmg a necro can push out with nma/es
    I am still testing arround a lot to find a setup that suits me well, from mainly defensive sets up to 3 offensive sets
    I am testing so many sets and combinations currently and it’s a pain to get harmony traits over and over again XD.
    So far I think the most offensive pressure A necro gets out of a set is ES.
    Edited by Lole on March 17, 2020 10:34PM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a handfull of kills when I run with my magsorc and magplar, magsorc doing a little better.
    Enemies I cant kill with this 2 are, those divinedamned [Snip] and motherplowwing wardenrturd.

I just run 1 plar and 1 sorc to get the 100k xp.

Dont know why I am compelled to really try hard for 100k daily xp bonus.

Eso carved grinding into me.

[Edited for inappropriate comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 25, 2020 4:10PM
  • Salty247
    Salty247
    Soul Shriven
    Take the time to make a build that works with your style of play... I worked on my Magsorc for 5 years and have tried many things... I landed on what I call a "Sith Build" great survivability, heavy Shock damage, great excute ability, and sustainability... I didn't go with some Alcast meta build. I tweaked the skills/cp (not that cp matters in BG), farmed many sets of gear before finding what worked for me... Any class can be OP with the right person using it
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    It all depends on your group really and the players you get.

My main would be a MagWarden these days and I like it a lot, but sometimes the group makes it harder to play. Get a group of new players who refuses to push with no cross healing and I’ll switch to my magsorc because it’s self sufficient.

I’ll say I think the best group I’ve had was 3 magsorcs when I was on my magtemplar. Went 500 vs less than 200 points on both opposing teams against decent players.

In general I’d say:

Stamsorc
    (Sunbark on his MagDK)
    Magsorc
    Stamwarden
    Stamnecro
    MagWarden
    Magtemplar
    Stamdk
    MagDK
    Magblade
    Magnecro
    Stamblade

That list is just from what I see taking the players who play those classes into account.

I’m quoting myself here, but I’ve changed my mind on a couple things:

Magsorc
    (Sunbark on his MagDK)
    Stamsorc = StamDK = Stamnecro = stamWarden
    MagWarden
    Stamplar
    MagDK
    Magblade
    Magtemplar
    Magnecro
    Stamblade

This is taking the players into account who play those classes, and best possible specs rather than your average spec. I only play mag, and am a terrible MagDK so it’s hard for me to judge those classes.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 25, 2020 2:38PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    lol, Maglar is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Magblade right now, i would highly reconsider your thought process there
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol, Maglar is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Magblade right now, i would highly reconsider your thought process there

I play both, magplar and magblade. I haven’t seen a magplar do well in a while.

I put it down to outdated opinions that people still complain about them, like with stamblade people were still complaining about them 6 months ago and agree they’re terrible now, but nothing has changed. The game changes faster than opinions do.

Magplar isn’t bad, it’s just not good either. Most magblades aren’t playing the class to it’s full potential too, it’s not an easy class to master. It does still need a buff, but in a way that doesn’t make those who can do well OP. Right now mixing damage and healing is really strong, but the sub 20k health magblades just get owned.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 25, 2020 4:11PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    In general for every Bg matchtype, stamina and magicka dragonknights are the kings of bgs. A good timed and placed Leap or sometimes even a random spammed one into a group of enemies, will result in a wipe in favour of your team (At least in not high MMR Bgs, which are in my opinion 90% of the Bgs).
    Leap is the best aoe hard cc in the game which is the longest to break free out of due to the launch component.
    For objectives gametypes, capture the relic, domination or chaosball the stronger is probably magcro, yeah you heard it right. The ability to create area denial with totems, colossums and fears are invaluable in an objective type of gamemode, plus they make very good tanky healers too.
    For crazy king flag game, maybe stamsorc is the best due to high mobility and quick burst.
    For deathmatch solo run around the map efficiency, magsorc, stamcro, stamplar, stamsorc.
    For group coordinated with decent people stamdk, magdk (as i already said) and stamden.

For total OPness the one and only stamina nightblade camper bow snipe spammer😂.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh there is no best overall since it all depends on your grp and the enemy grps.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my stamsorc, stamcros definitely are tough to beat, they got better burst, healing and tankiness. Some good stamdks put up good fights too.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    I main magden and magcro and they both perform well in BGs for the most part. Really doesn’t matter what the class is though. If the player garbage the class garbage too. Everyone pooping on magcro but magcro is good. A lot of good built in sustain like the undead confederate passive. The expunge and modify is such a good purge because it restores 505 mag and stam for every debuff removed. That’s 1010 mag and stam for every two debuffs. Fighting DKs and Templar’s I’ll find myself quickly dotted up. When you have 5+ debuffs on you then that mag/stam boost becomes noticeable.

Especially 1vX, people are essentially giving you free resources because they’re gonna keep dotting you up. Cleanse, gain resources, heal and kite. That expunge and modify has saved my life countless times. Especially being a mag player the low stam pool is a death sentence sometimes when I’m stuck CC’d with no stam, I can purge gain resources, break and dodge roll out or if I still can’t roll out I can just hit my back bar just hold block (RAT gives me the psijic shield when blocking) and spam heals. Sustain is king in BGs.
    Edited by ImSoPro on March 31, 2020 4:25PM