The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Direct keybinds for both action bars.

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
At first, i was thinking that a "Shift" button instead of toggle would be great, but i came to conclusion, that it would be as unreliaable than the current way of changing action bars.

More than often, the action bar toggle wont work, so if i have a vital skill on offbar, it wont happen because the action bar toggle is lagging for some reason. Then it acidentally changes at times, making my summons go away or make me summon a minion when oi was actualy planning to use a damage spell.

What i think would work the best, is that we keep the current way abilities work on action bars, so there is the switch toggle and 2 keybinds as well to change the bar like now.

Only skill on active bar would count towardsslotted skill line passives, the offbar would not count.

Sorcerer minions on acyive bar woul be unsummoned if you change action bars. With some development, the secondary spells from summons would work without the summon and with diminished effect and would not count to passives as lon as they are on the non-active action bar.

You would be able to assing keybinds to BOTH action bars separately, so there would be binds for quickslot1,2,3,44 and 5 like there are now and ther would ALSO be binds for OFFBAR slots 1,2,3,4 and 5. There would not be bind for offbar ultimate. You could only use ultimate that is on the active bar.

Pressing offbar keybind, would simply activate the ability slotted on corresponding slot.

If you switch action bars, the abilties previously on offbar binds would now work from active bar keybinds instead and previous active bar abilities would work from offbar binds.

This would greatly ease up using offbar budd abilities like siphoning strikes, Surge and so forth and would also allow you to have some healings on offbar that you could use simply by pressing offbar bind.

Weapon skills would only work from offbar, if you have same weapons on both active and offbar. If you have Destruction staff on main bar and restoration on offbar, you would still need to change to offbar if you want to use restoration staff abilities. Same with any other weapon combijnation, where you have different weapons for active bar and off bar.

So.... What do you think?
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant be done because only an small % of the 1/3 of pc players use m&k to play the game and doing something like this couldn't be done by the other 2/3 of all players on console
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works on other games, not on ESO due weaving and weapon skill lines requiring weapon in hand.

Current system is fine if they fix lag. Already every other game has system you describe.
    Why every game has to have identical system?
    Edited by Thokri on March 31, 2020 12:19PM
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »
    Works on other games, not on ESO due weaving and weapon skill lines requiring weapon in hand.

Current system is fine if they fix lag. Already every other game has system you describe.
    Why every game has to have identical system?

You seem to be very optimistic, if you think they can fix the lag. They have not been able to fix it since launch.

Cant be done because only an small % of the 1/3 of pc players use m&k to play the game and doing something like this couldn't be done by the other 2/3 of all players on console

The numbers are bit different on PC players you know ;)

Im not that concerned with console players.. They can keep hindering their play performance by playing on console if they want to, play as you want as they say on ZOS and all that. Console players however CAN use keyboard and mouse if they so choose and everyone playing seriously should.

Besides its not like we are even playing on the same servers here, so if its a PCP only feature, there would be no advantage over console players and if PC player chooses to play with controller, then they can play as they have allways played.
    Edited by Tapio75 on March 31, 2020 12:47PM
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only an small % of the 1/3 of pc players

And what orifice did you pull these numbers from?