The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FYI Gloomspore Weapon styles are 100 Gems.

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
Still an unreasonable amount of gems to ask, but a huge difference from the previous 200 gem costs of past Crown Crates.

And at least they finally have a neat particle effect. Only the Voriplasm style before had any kind of animation.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a lot but I really like them and may buy the bow and mace for my nightblade.

(I tried the crates already but no luck there.)

Update: I did buy them. Pairs well with Troll King arms (same particle effect).
    Edited by whitecrow on March 20, 2020 4:47PM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just messing with them in the Dye Station, and there seems to be a bug.

They have all of the dye channels, but they don't actually seem to change color no matter what I do.

@ZOS_GinaBruno any idea how they're supposed to function in regards to dyes?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

They have all of the dye channels, but they don't actually seem to change color no matter what I do.

The Opal Styles have particle effects and are also not dyeable ... any reason why these would be different?
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Opal Styles have particle effects and are also not dyeable ... any reason why these would be different?

This person is saying that the Gloomspore weapons have dye channels that do not actually change the color of the weapon when dye is applied. This is different from the Opal weapons, which have no dye channels. The Opal weapons have a notice saying they are not dyeable, just like the various Artifact weapon styles. The Gloomspore weapons do not have this notice, and should be (as far as anyone buying them can tell) more like the Monster weapon sets, which are dyeable.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »

This person is saying that the Gloomspore weapons have dye channels that do not actually change the color of the weapon when dye is applied. This is different from the Opal weapons, which have no dye channels. The Opal weapons have a notice saying they are not dyeable, just like the various Artifact weapon styles. The Gloomspore weapons do not have this notice, and should be (as far as anyone buying them can tell) more like the Monster weapon sets, which are dyeable.

Well, it seems the OP is partially correct and partially wrong.

I was gifted crates today and got the Gloomspore Mace and Bow in crates ... along with purchasing the Staff with extra gems.

Was able to change the dye channel colors on the Staff.

However, the right-most channel did not have a lot of dyeable area. The left-most channel did not change the dye color much.

Only the middle channel actually changed dye colors (on the Staff).

I then adjusted the left-most channel to one of the base game materials dyes (Tier 5) to at least give it a "Coldharbour" look.

At that point, I was happy with the dye changes.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 22, 2020 2:05AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember reading somewhere that the crate weapon styles were one time use consumables. Is that true?
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember reading somewhere that the crate weapon styles were one time use consumables. Is that true?

Yes, they are styles, not motifs.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

So if I buy it with gems, I can only us it once? On 1 character? if I wanted to use it again, I’d have to buy it again?
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabatha wrote: »

So if I buy it with gems, I can only us it once? On 1 character? if I wanted to use it again, I’d have to buy it again?

It gets added to your collections immediately, you don't "use" them. Once they're in your collections, you can use them with any Character on your account by using an Outfit Station.

The difference between "Styles" and "Motifs" is that you cannot craft style items. They are purely aesthetic.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tabatha wrote: »

It gets added to your collections immediately, you don't "use" them. Once they're in your collections, you can use them with any Character on your account by using an Outfit Station.

The difference between "Styles" and "Motifs" is that you cannot craft style items. They are purely aesthetic.

Thank you for the clarification. I don't know how that one-time-use consumable thing got around, but I was horrified when I read it. I'm glad that these work like the arms packs.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still an unreasonable amount of gems to ask, but a huge difference from the previous 200 gem costs of past Crown Crates.

And at least they finally have a neat particle effect. Only the Voriplasm style before had any kind of animation.

Sad thing is they put most of the new items underthe gems.