The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Proper Wooden Stairs?

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't wish to sue wood plans to make a ramp as it looks kinda.....ick

any proper wooden stairs?
  • Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    none in game that i know of :(

i was hoping to seem some by now
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can build stares out of thin wooden planks by hiding most of them in the wall. That's about it.
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    You can try "Rough Platform, Stage".
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sengra wrote: »
    You can try "Rough Platform, Stage".

I've done this in two homes now and while effective, it's tiring only having one functional option that wasn't even meant to be used this way.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice.

Would also like a cast iron spiral staircase, with wooden steps.
    Edited by Tigerseye on March 29, 2020 3:15PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poms wrote: »

A lot of furnishings are game assets and there are a variety of wooden stairs.

Khajiit most obviously. Though they have a distinct which wouldn't suit everyone and every home.

But there are also quite plain internal wooden stairs inside multi story buildings of other styles.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Poms wrote: »

A lot of furnishings are game assets and there are a variety of wooden stairs.

Khajiit most obviously. Though they have a distinct which wouldn't suit everyone and every home.

But there are also quite plain internal wooden stairs inside multi story buildings of other styles.

Obviously some buildings have them built in. This is about stairs you can place as a furnishing.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously some buildings have them built in.

"Obviously"?

Seriously?

a) It's a GAME. Absolutely nothing is obvious from what you can see on your screen. There are many reasons why they would develop stairs like that as separate objects, eg. so they can be easily re-used in different buildings.

b) It's a GAME. Even if developed as a single graphical object, cut and paste is a thing. They could easily copy one of those buildings and cut away everything except the stairs. Voila!
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Obviously some buildings have them built in.

"Obviously"?

Seriously?

a) It's a GAME. Absolutely nothing is obvious from what you can see on your screen. There are many reasons why they would develop stairs like that as separate objects, eg. so they can be easily re-used in different buildings.

b) It's a GAME. Even if developed as a single graphical object, cut and paste is a thing. They could easily copy one of those buildings and cut away everything except the stairs. Voila!

There's some miscommunication here because your post made it sound like you thought the existing stairs were sufficient. You made no mention of creating new furnishings in the post I quoted.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've built stairs out of "Redguard Shelf, Sturdy." They're attractive, and functional, but take WAY too many furnishing slots, since each step is one shelf.