The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Instant falling death on "God of Schemes" Main Story

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, waiting for the patch...
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug was listed as fixed in the 5.0.7 patch (June 3).
  • Jamellian
    Jamellian
    ✭✭
    My situation is that the Bridge won't summon, even though the trigger sounded many different times.
    So I cannot get across the Chasm to go meet with Molag Bal.
    Since the quest is a Main quest, It appears you cannot abandon it and start over, Relogging doesn't help, nor does exiting ESO and restarting.
    Someone suggested waiting for a prompt for the bridge. Well tried that too!!

Any suggestions?
  • Jamellian
    Jamellian
    ✭✭
    Jamellian wrote: »
    My situation is that the Bridge won't summon, even though the trigger sounded many different times.
    So I cannot get across the Chasm to go meet with Molag Bal.
    Since the quest is a Main quest, It appears you cannot abandon it and start over, Relogging doesn't help, nor does exiting ESO and restarting.
    Someone suggested waiting for a prompt for the bridge. Well tried that too!!

Any suggestions? Today something different happened. I enter the Harborage. Took the portal to Cold Harbor. My party minus Varen who i sacrificed joined up with me om the way. I still cannot get the bridge to show up, though Daedra come running at me across a non-existent bridge.
    Can I use a some sort of keyboard command to get me across the Chasm?
    0uud4aixii48.png

b4gb4i1du49y.png

zilb2ir0les6.png

• madarame_77
    madarame_77
    ✭✭✭
    Got this bug today on my 7th char (never experienced it before). The solution doesn't work because he grabs you as soon as you enter the area. I ran out and back in, he resurrected in large form again and i press synergy. After 5th or 6th attempt of running back and forth it somehow worked as it should (I got to fight him). But it was annoying, that it still exists after so many fixes.
    Edited by madarame_77 on March 20, 2020 2:52AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a variation of this bug now.

After being grabbed by Molag Bal and using the synergy, my character stands floating in midair. Nothing happens until I start moving, at which point my character falls to her death. Upon reviving, nothing happens. I can't continue the quest. I tried restarting the game. I guess I'll have to try redoing the whole quest now.

It seems they treated the one symptom of automatically falling to one's death but not the actual problems with the fall or the rest of the quest progression here.
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    I'm getting a variation of this bug now.

After being grabbed by Molag Bal and using the synergy, my character stands floating in midair. Nothing happens until I start moving, at which point my character falls to her death. Upon reviving, nothing happens. I can't continue the quest. I tried restarting the game. I guess I'll have to try redoing the whole quest now.

It seems they treated the one symptom of automatically falling to one's death but not the actual problems with the fall or the rest of the quest progression here.

Getting this exact same bug.

Update: It took three tries, but I finally got past it. I got picked up nearer the stars, and was sneaking. This time when I was released I was put down normally. I don't know if it was the sneaking or getting picked up closer the stairs. Glad I got past it though.
    Edited by AgentZenish on March 31, 2020 6:10AM
  • Kenji_Takahiro
    Kenji_Takahiro
    Soul Shriven
    how this still remains as a bug 1 year later is a very big question for me. what the hell. i just encountered this bug and was like what the hell is happening. but yea the work around helps indeed, thanks
  • RizzlyBear
    RizzlyBear
    ✭✭✭
    how this still remains as a bug 1 year later is a very big question for me. what the hell. i just encountered this bug and was like what the hell is happening. but yea the work around helps indeed, thanks

Just encountered the same bug but thankfully staying under those spikes after having died once, fixes the issue..
  • robertlive2014
    robertlive2014
    ✭✭✭
    Playing through on a necro, I'm stuck at the bridge. No option to use synergy.
  • Manicrow
    Manicrow
    Soul Shriven
    Any plans of fixing this bug? It's been 4 years already