The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Bloodthorn Plot

AzraelKrieg
AzraelKrieg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Currently levelling a new character and this quest isn't showing up. There is no NPC to take it and start the main questline on Betnikh. Logging out, reloading the UI and changing zones don't bring it back. Other quests that aren't attached to the questline do show, it's just this one.

EDIT: Attaching support ticket 200309-006289 @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by AzraelKrieg on March 10, 2020 3:55AM
Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having identical issue, please help

update : workaround that was successful for me

explore the island to find the NPC's that assign you the following quests

Into the Hills
    Unearthing the Past
    Tormented Souls

and complete them fully. Then find the NPC that assigns Carzog's Demise and complete that quest. For me, completion of the last quest also completed the Bloodthorn Plot quest ( the original starter quest that was missing the NPC assigner )

I was then able to pick up the "On to Glenumbra" quest to proceed the series

Hope this helps, it's a pain and takes more exploring as the NPC's required are not visible on the map initially

Edited by Marcusorion1 on March 10, 2020 4:27PM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll see how it goes but that is quite a workaround for a bug that should have been caught before Harrowstorm released.
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • MacDaddyRiggles
    MacDaddyRiggles
    Soul Shriven
    Im Having this same issue
  • Vakromcuthgrand
    I'm having the same issue on the NA server today March 13, 2020. What do I do? How do I progress? I've done everything on the map except the main map story.
  • TheFibrewire
    TheFibrewire
    ✭✭✭
    I also have the same issue, hope the devs fix this soon
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So doing what Marcusorion1 said works. Find one of the other quest givers that the quest would normally direct you to. At the end of the third quest, the NPC will appear instead of Nicolene.
  • Beelzebabs
    Beelzebabs
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem.
  • Leguleius
    Leguleius
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm this problem with one of my new alts and the solution above works. Once you complete the three other story quests, the final quest is given by the original quest giver and finishes the series.
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tested it out; created a Daggerfall Covenant character and did everything on Stros M’Kai.

Went to Betnikh, Gruluk go-Khazun missing. Did the quests around the island. Seamount Orc appears instead of Nicolene.

It works but completely skips the most dialogue in the quest (Talking to captain, talking to Lambur, getting Nicolene to appear, going back to Lambur).
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of patch 5.3.8, The Bloodthorn Plot is still broken.
    Edited by Coppes on March 30, 2020 8:29PM
  • GMdoghunter
    GMdoghunter
    ✭✭✭
    Response from ZOS -We are aware of an issue where a key NPC for the quest "The Bloodthorn Plot" is not appearing properly. The ESO development team is working towards a resolution which will come in a future update to the game.

Yet another quest broken in a yet again BROKEN game,get the issues fixed keep the playerbase,they dont care about the players its all about the money.
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of 5.3.9, Gruluk gro-Khazun (quest giver for The Bloodthorn Plot) is still missing.
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it quest is getting fixed in the next patch, but it mentions Lambur not specifically Gruluk gro-Khazun.
  • Mike76x
    Mike76x
    Soul Shriven

Into the Hills
    Unearthing the Past
    Tormented Souls

and complete them fully. Then find the NPC that assigns Carzog's Demise and complete that quest. For me, completion of the last quest also completed the Bloodthorn Plot quest ( the original starter quest that was missing the NPC assigner )

Hope this helps, it's a pain and takes more exploring as the NPC's required are not visible on the map initially

This worked for me.
  • Ragana
    Ragana
    ✭✭✭

Into the Hills
    Unearthing the Past
    Tormented Souls

This did not work for me =/