The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gamepad on PC having issues

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For the past week or so, my xbox elite v2 controller has been having some issues with eso specifically. Certain buttons randomly stop registering in game, causing me to be unable to use abilities whatsoever. I've tested the same buttons in the xbox accessories app on both PC and console, and the buttons show a response rate of 100% within the app. Furthermore, there appears to be no issues whatsoever when playing games on console.

I've updated the relevant drivers for the controller on my PC and am still experiencing the issue. I have friends with the same exact controller experiencing these issues as well when using gamepad mode on PC. I've also noticed a large increase in gamepad related UI errors upon starting ESO, and often when leaving load screens.
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup i use the exact Elite V2 and have these issues constantly
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • swarthos
    swarthos
    Soul Shriven
    I have always used an xbox/microsoft gamepad with eso and it worked fine until after the last update. Now it no longer works with this game. Are the techs aware of this? Is there a solution coming? Thanks.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I logged in just now, when ever I moved the left stick left or right I dodge rolled... So that's new... I just restarted the client and now it's fine. I use a PS4 controller.
  • eco_TR
    eco_TR
    ✭✭✭
    yeah similar with ps4 controller. I deleted advanced controller UI add on, and it s a bit better now. In the meantime, the skills not registering issue is rather another problem than the controller imo, since my friends playing on mouse keyboard are having the same problems as well after the last update.
    In light, there is darkness.

PS4-EU / PC-EU
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I deleted advanced disable UI with this patch as it hasn't been updated since elsweyr was released. I use azurah and lui extended to customise my ui. Since they decided to make the controller ui the size of the moon 😂
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed a lot of issues using an xbox controller on eso.

I have had a bug since I started where pressing one button can instead activate others. For example I get someone low hp, press execute and instead I cast critical surge. This is happening far more often this patch.

Sometimes it shows I'm pressing skills but they won't activate and other times the animation just cancels.

And a new one this patch is that my controller stops working and sound also stops for a while, but I have no issues on any other game and my controller is still connected so seems to just be an eso problem

These issues happen even if I try different controllers. Would be nice to get some fixes.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on March 30, 2020 7:06PM