The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Uncover Skyrim’s Dark Heart with the Free Greymoor Chapter Prologue"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
a6f4883c404c18aaa799b76c1fc1acf3.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Uncover Skyrim’s Dark Heart with the Free Greymoor Chapter Prologue" blog article.

Explore the world beneath Skyrim with the Greymoor Prologue, now available free for all ESO players with The Elder Scrolls Online base game!
Staff Post
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    The quest does not say which Fighters Guild you should go to. The quest markers also try to lead you through DLC zones in a circle and never to the actual zone you need to go to for this quest. If you look at the world map when not in the correct zone for the quest the marker shows up on a 'boat' rather than at the correct location. You guys really need to fix quest markers, it is getting ridiculous how often this happens. Quests should never lead you to a DLC zone (whether you own it or not) if the quest doesnt reside in that zone.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had no probs find out,all i used was the "show on map" option and then i fast traveled there
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    The quest does not say which Fighters Guild you should go to.
    Looks like the article specifies you can go to the first zone (of your alliance) city Fighter's Guild, i.e. Daggerfall, Davon’s Watch, or Vulkhel Guard (depending on your Alliance). This would be the same place that you go to to pickup any part of the Fighter's Guild questline.

Interestingly, clicking on the quest and then "show on Map" (on an EP toon) pointed me to the ship in Davon's Watch, not the Fighter's Guild.

Also, when I spoke to Lyris the second time (next location after Fighter's Guild), I was supposed to use the Icereach Medallion somehow to be able to follow the magic trail. Except... that wasn't an option anywhere (not even from inventory). It turns out that I was standing slightly outside the area within which the item was usable... sigh.

The trail, of course, immediately took me in the entirely wrong direction. It turns out that it goes in two different directions. If you find that you run out of trail really fast, you went the wrong way. Not your fault as player, just ZoS being dumb again.

After this, you have to follow several further magic trails. Unfortunately, there is no thematic in-game way of being directed/led to the start of each trail. You have to go to journal and show the next point on your map. This is sorta valid in terms of general normal quest mechanics, but feels cheesy from a role-play perspective. An actual quest-item map would have been better.

That said, it's nice to see the Hammerdeath arena get a bit of quest love. This area should be used more often. Likewise, I really enjoyed some of the new areas in the prologue quests - beautiful design. I just wish there were more lootable containers.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on March 31, 2020 4:05AM
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completed both prologue quests and unlocked the memento/title, but the Windhelm Scale Tunic outfit style remains locked. Is this a known bug? @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by Qwazzy on March 30, 2020 6:01PM
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the hell do we need to get the quest from the store?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »
    I completed both prologue quests and unlocked the memento/title, but the Windhelm Scale Tunic outfit style remains locked. Is this a known bug? @ZOS_SarahHecker

There should be a container in your inventory after completing the quests. You'll need to consume it to get the styles.
    Staff Post
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »

If it were an NPC standing in a random area, do you want to be the person in zone constantly telling people where to go to start the quest? Or would it be easier to just put a free quest starter in the store so it's easy to find where to go for all events like this? The system they have for starting quests for new zones and events seems like a good way to know exactly how to start things, once you know they will always be in the store for free.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Cuz Stuga.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it were an NPC standing in a random area, do you want to be the person in zone constantly telling people where to go to start the quest? Or would it be easier to just put a free quest starter in the store so it's easy to find where to go for all events like this? The system they have for starting quests for new zones and events seems like a good way to know exactly how to start things, once you know they will always be in the store for free.

Who says the NPC has to randomly babble some crap like the stupid woman with her "Dragons in your homeland" line?
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Cuz Stuga.

Of all the intrusive NPCs I mind her the least, and I actually like her voice.
    I mean I feel like blowing someone's head with a shotgun with the dumb Fighter's guild *** with "The guild has need of you comrade!", and nothing comes even close.

Stuga? Phew. Perfectly fine :D
    Edited by Octopuss on March 30, 2020 7:24PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many nice new nord furnishings in the Palace of Kings. Gimme gimme gimme
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    I will be frank, I forgot all about saving the skald king because I was too preoccupied with taking food pics. I even went ahead and single cropped each one. I really, really, really hope they wind up as new harrowstorm furnishings.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please let the team (or whomever designed the foods) know that they did a SUPERB job and it would be a delight if we can have them in the game (the ones that are shown in the screenshots in particular). Thank you!