The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Light Armor Passives Do Not Affect Pets or Status Effects

WrathOfInnos
WrathOfInnos
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A few of us were tired of seeing various skills constantly showing a lower crit rate, so we did a lot of testing and managed to pinpoint the issue. I have data specifically for 4 skills:
- Stalking Blastbones (Necromancer Grave Lord pet)
- Skeletal Arcanist (Necromancer Grave Lord pet)
- Burning (status effect)
- Concussion (status effect)

To verify this, I set Spell Crit to 101.9% (41.9% while fighting a test dummy below 25% health, and using the Necromancer passive with 6 Grave Lord abilities to gain 60% Spell Crit). As you can see, the 4 abilities I listed all managed to land non-crit hits, despite the crit chance being over 100%.
image.png

Finding exactly which source of crit was causing the issue took some more time and testing. Thanks @wills43b14_ESO, @GulmarAvocado, @xxcurs3dxx, and @jayfillet for all the help. What we eventually found was that if we remove the Light Armor passives (by wearing 4 pieces instead of 5) and again bring the crit rate to just over 100%, then everything works fine. Here is an example with no LIght Armor passives, and 100.9% crit chance. You can see that now every ability shows the correct 100% crit chance.
image.png

I suspect the other status effects are also affected, but did not specifically test them. I also have a strong suspicion that Sorcerer's Greater Storm Atronach is experiencing the same bug since it is always lower crit than other abilities, but it is more difficult to test conclusively on Sorcerer since they do not have a crit passive to reach 100%. I do not know if any stamina variants are affected, or if the Medium Armor Weapon Crit passive works for Blighted Blastbones, Skeletal Archer and Poisoned status effect, someone else will have to test those.

If anyone is curious, we also checked the Precise weapon trait, various armor sets including Mother's Sorrow, the Spell Precision Champion Point, the base character 10% spell crit, and Major Prophecy (from Inner Light, potions, or both), and all of these sources seem to be working correctly. It is just the 10% Spell Crit from Light Armor Prodigy that is bugged.
Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 29, 2020 4:27AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after seeing these results, we started wondering if any of the Light Armor passives affect these pets. @wills43b14_ESO first tried the Necromancer Arcanist and Blastbones under various levels of Spell Penetration, and determined that they do not benefit from the 4884 Spell Penetration from the Concentration Passive.

I then did a similar test using a Sorcerer and the Greater Storm Atronach. Setting Spell Pen to just over the cap on the Iron Atronach dummy (5850 Spell Resistance), I tested the Atro's damage with the Lord Mundus Stone (does not affect damage, control data) and compared it to that of the Lover Stone (should not affect damage since any additional penetration is over the enemy's armor). All gear and buffs were kept constant between the two tests, with 9 points in Spell Erosion. The results showed a 9.3% damage increase on the Storm Atronach's Zap attack, corresponding to the 4.2k additional Spell Pen given by the Lover Stone (beyond the target's Spell Resistance if the Light Armor passives were working correctly). This proves the Storm Atro damage is not affected by the 4884 Spell Penetration from the Concentration passive.

Here is a side-by-side of the Storm Atro's damage with the Lord Stone and the Lover Stone:
    image.png

It's also worth noting that the Light Attacks in those 2 screenshots prove that the target's spell resistance was fully debuffed. With both the Lord or the Lover stone the maximum Light Attack was exactly the same 13472 damage. The Twilight Tormentor appears to be working fine with Light Armor passives as well, since it's max hits were very similar at ~10.6k in each test.

I'm still having a difficult time proving that the Storm Atro does not gain the 10% Spell Crit from Prodigy (since I can't reach 100% crit on Sorc, and any other testing has RNG built-in), but after showing that it is missing Concentration this seems extremely likely.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 29, 2020 4:26AM
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Stam Necro's Blastbones and Archer have the same crit issues.

qvznhpkpyd00.png
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The pen passive is clearly not working.

In these screenshots (first without the concentration passive, which adds 4884 spell pen). You can see my stats and stat changes as well as blastbones hits:

db8cntpqfrxl.png

Here with the Concentration passive:

yl4v83qlgnx7.png

The difference here is a factor of 4884 pen on a 6m skeletal dummy (0 buffs or debuffs), which SHOULD affect blastbone dmg but does not.

For comparison, here are the same things but with skulls and bbs. WIthout Concentration:

zmw3k8uzucld.png

With Concentration:

2dkd6n3sht6v.png

If we ignore the one skull weave that did crit, the max hits of Riochet Skull clearly increased, whereas the blastbones damge did not.

Setup (no CP) for reference. Note I never switched to back bar and I never had more than a 2 pc bonus.

amvb3eu6dszp.png

Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's very probably Shade for nightblades has the same problems.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem to be affecting Warden bear for crit as far as I can tell. Not sure on penetration. Haven't tested magden yet.
    Edited by Skjaldbjorn on March 29, 2020 5:58AM
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Skjaldbjorn it doesn't affect permanent pets (sorc matriarch/tormentor, clanfear/familiar, warden bear)
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Skjaldbjorn it doesn't affect permanent pets (sorc matriarch/tormentor, clanfear/familiar, warden bear)

Ah gotcha. That makes some level of sense.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tested Maw of the Infernal? lul
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Skjaldbjorn we need to test pen on it, but it can't crit so the other part can't be seen.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Allegedly the burning procced via bb isn't getting the passives either. We will try to confirm this.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allegedly the burning procced via bb isn't getting the passives either. We will try to confirm this.

Interesting, it's possible that the Burning and Concussion that were not getting the crit were sourced from the Blastbones and Arcanist in my testing. In that case, other sources of these status effects may benefit from the Light Armor Spell Crit and Spell Pen. Sounds difficult to test, but believable.
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    0in0sdee5yco.png

I believe he's console, so he doesn't have a CMX, but I can get a CMX later if need be too.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_RichLambert Could you take a look at this issue? I think we’ve got the problem pretty well defined: armor passives for crit and penetration are not applying to temporary combat pets (Blastbones, Skeleton Archer/Mage, and Storm Atronach) or the status effects they apply.