The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Best NightBlade Build?

AngelZ3ro
AngelZ3ro
Soul Shriven
I have never really worried about builds before but, the more I get into the game the more I wanna know what the best build is. So I was wondering what the best Stamina Nightblade DPS build was. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :smiley:
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Do you want PvP, trials (i.e. PVE) or just solo overland roaming, questing and occasional dungeon?
  • AngelZ3ro
    AngelZ3ro
    Soul Shriven
    Casual questing, occasional dungeon, possibly trials in the future (far future though).
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    I am not saying this is the best (define best) but this should work pretty good for overland questing, public dungeons and soloing some easy 4man dungeons.

I assume you have no moster sets (yet) and nothing but class and weapon skills so I would go

An overland/dungeon/pvp set 3x jewelry + 2x body or 2xweapons, something you can buy at at guild shop, and a crafted set 3x body and weapons or 5x body depending on your overland set. Later you will use monster set on head ans shoulder slot, use something you fancy.

Sets I liked:
    Spriggan's, Battlefield acrobat, Unfathomable Darkness, Shadow of the Red Mountain, Way of Fire (heavy), Bahraha's curse, Agility (only jewelry and weapons).

Crafted sets:
    Night mother's gaze, Hunding's rage, Ancient dragonguard, Night Moon acolyte.

DW: Bloodthirst, Whirling Blades, Blood craze, Relentless Focus, Manifestation of Terror, Incapacitating Strike
    Bow: Snipe, Poison arrow, Endless Hail, Leeching Strikes, anything you fancy, I would slot cloak maybe, Ballista.

Since you played Skyrim and you love sniping :) you prebuff with leeching and focus and open from sneak with Snipe spam and you likely finish at least one mob before they get to you. Then poison, endless, when they are on you, swap to DW bar, drop terror, and finish them off depending on situation. Bloodthirst is your spammable which also heals you, Whirling Blades for group trash. Use focus on proc on strong mobs, as well as blood craze.

When you feel more secure and have Fighter's guild line, consider using Shards as spammable and Killer's blade as execute.
    Edited by Vyvrhel on March 29, 2020 7:06PM
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and one advice: if you want to test builds and expetiment with sets, use the test server, aka PTS. You can make an engame character with all skillpoints, and all stuff you can get. Set yourself a dummy in a residence, experiment with skills, cps, and set combinations at no cost. When you are set on a dummy, try solo easy overland bosses (Sharpfang makes a nice punching bag) where you will see how will your defense work.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hunding's Rage and Spriggan's is the default good enough build, that will allow you to do a lot of things at a pretty good level.

Eventually, you'll want trails sets but you'll have to do trails first.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is no "best". its all relevant to what you make and what you like, period.