The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stamcro in PVP

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
Holy crap. Is it just me or are these 2H swinging jokers ridiculously hard to kill and they hit so hard. I’m curious if anyone has a solid suggestion for counters. Because snaring, locking down, health defiling and bursting is not enough for me. Thanks in advance.

Ps I have made a stamcro today in hopes of learning the class to better counter them in the future.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All you can really do is the general: avoid dizzy with movement, eat at their stamina, eat at their mag, and cc when you can.

Luckily none are really skilled on PC and/or are easy to handle through snaring and immobolize :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into one the other night in the lag. Could eat dizzy>medium>Onslaught combos to the face without much problem. This one didn't do much damage back though. It made me wonder what they meta actually will be if the game ever works again though.
    Edited by technohic on March 4, 2020 6:11PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a really good point. In the lag the DS is going off. I wonder if this sudden problem I am experiencing with them is due to the games state. I don’t remember them as much of an issue before the update of course skills were going off at that point.
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Swift build is the best counter to the stamina meta. Just let them troll around their trees and kill everything around them with a mate. When your zerg finally arrives, zerg them down. It pains me to say this as a long term stamina player but this is the sad truth.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just necros. Every player who's good at landing Dizzy Swing, is a dangerous one. I don't go defensive, I go "all in" and force them to go defensive instead - or gtfo their reach and leave them alone. It seems the reach is quite broken too, you can get hit being way more than 7 meters away. Maybe it's the lag and stuff, but it doesn't seem right much of the time.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    It's not just necros. Every player who's good at landing Dizzy Swing, is a dangerous one. I don't go defensive, I go "all in" and force them to go defensive instead - or gtfo their reach and leave them alone. It seems the reach is quite broken too, you can get hit being way more than 7 meters away. Maybe it's the lag and stuff, but it doesn't seem right much of the time.

They changed it. it used to check range on activating and landing. Now it's just on activating. Think they need to do that for onslaught as well. Thing doesn't go off in lag or another enemy runs 8n front of your target
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surviving them is not very different from any class, I just use a lot of movement through them and in-out. Killing them though is very hard, because they have so many healing options it's ridiculous, including those that are free to cast, meaning you can't really wear them off their resources. Here the best option is to do the opposite to usual CC-BURST combo, you need to risk missing the burst and then cc them. This way you can get them to execute range and have them CCed in this moment, allowing you to finish them off.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

They changed it. it used to check range on activating and landing. Now it's just on activating. Think they need to do that for onslaught as well. Thing doesn't go off in lag or another enemy runs 8n front of your target

Had a hunch it was different. Since I learned the importance of blocking (LOL), or dodging I haven't had that much of problem with them. Frankly, I normally walk TOWARDS/through the worst Dizzy whackers instead of retreating, but it doesn't seem to work the same way anymore. Hard to explain, but it's different and I get hit a lot more now.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    Magicka Swift build is the best counter to the stamina meta. Just let them troll around their trees and kill everything around them with a mate. When your zerg finally arrives, zerg them down. It pains me to say this as a long term stamina player but this is the sad truth.

Wow
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap. Is it just me or are these 2H swinging jokers ridiculously hard to kill and they hit so hard. I’m curious if anyone has a solid suggestion for counters. Because snaring, locking down, health defiling and bursting is not enough for me. Thanks in advance.

Ps I have made a stamcro today in hopes of learning the class to better counter them in the future.

Dizzy swing is so easy mode.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I got dizzy onslaughted through a wall and an entire tower level. xD. It wouldnt be so bad if the game wasnt utterly busted with range checks and desync. But here we are.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In what setting? Solo play?

Most of the stamcros I’ve seen are really tanky but lack burst. If it’s a BG I’ll usually stick with my group and do what I usually do, ignore tanks and take them out last. Issue with stamcros is moreso they’re defiling everyone while you’re not taking them out, but push and there are almost always softer targets.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 22, 2020 11:21PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Issue is not stamcro, the problem is stamina spammables...especially dizzy, that skill is so massively overloaded and broken... nerf dmg and get rid of the cc of it

Problem solved
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »
    Issue is not stamcro, the problem is stamina spammables...especially dizzy, that skill is so massively overloaded and broken... nerf dmg and get rid of the cc of it

Problem solved

Stamcro:
    * Major defile on hard hitting spammable
    * Ridiculous amount of damage mitigation
    * Insanely good healing
    Just to name a few.....

Ye stamcro is definitely not the issue.....

And how out of touch do you've to be to call dizzying swing overloaded? For a large proportion of stamina players (aside from stamplar and stamblade), you don't have any other choice for a good spammable outside of dizzying swing, which also happens to be one of the last remaining good alternatives for a CC (through off-balance, which also got an insane nerf btw). Dizzying swing is garbage compared to what it used to e

Big yikes my dude, big yikes...
    Edited by Qbiken on March 23, 2020 11:40AM
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Lole wrote: »

Problem solved

Stamcro:
    * Major defile on hard hitting spammable
    * Ridiculous amount of damage mitigation
    * Insanely good healing
    Just to name a few.....

Ye stamcro is definitely not the issue.....

And how out of touch do you've to be to call dizzying swing overloaded? For a large proportion of stamina players (aside from stamplar and stamblade), you don't have any other choice for a good spammable outside of dizzying swing, which also happens to be one of the last remaining good alternatives for a CC (through off-balance, which also got an insane nerf btw). Dizzying swing is garbage compared to what it used to e

Big yikes my dude, big yikes...

No stamcro is not the issue, defile is strong i agree but that’s it...

And yes dizzy is overloaded af a spammable shouldn’t have cc, if one has it the other spammables need it too, especially magicka chars need to have the same access to it via spammables if not then it creates a balanceissue that is barely fixable, since magicka builds allrdy lose 1 slot to equip a cc ability...

And when dizzy also outperforms every magicka spammable in dmg then it gets extremly stupid...
    Usually light armor peps do more dmg and take more dmg... Doesn’t really line up in eso does it ? Stamina chars are more tanky on default...and most stamina builds outperform their magicka counterparts in pvp when it comes to dmg

Give me the same dmg on the magicka spammables and ofc the cc and it’s aight you can keep it, else it needs to go

If dizzy gets balanced and dmg tuned down then your chances to heal against defile also increases
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Most of the stamcros I’ve seen are really tanky but lack burst. If it’s a BG I’ll usually stick with my group and do what I usually do, ignore tanks and take them out last. Issue with stamcros is moreso they’re defiling everyone while you’re not taking them out, but push and there are almost always softer targets.

You didn't say lack burst did you.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe he's just confused. I personally can't even remember the number of times I wasn't paying attention and found myself quickly blown up by a stamcro.

Also, not stam related at all but for magcro, I remember once (like a week ago) I was fighting a guy who was a known harmony terrorist. Well, I got a bit arrogant knowing all I had to do was avoid the big red circle on the ground, got a bit lazy and overextended. Homeboy dropped his fear totem on his boneyard and I was just a bit too slow moving out of it. And just like that -- feared, vulnerability ult, boneyard synergy, healthbar deleted. I think the boneyard hit for like 14k, and I'm not exactly squishy either. It was gross. I know this isn't really the norm for magcros, but I still always appreciate the beauty of a perfectly executed combo.
    Edited by JayKwellen on March 29, 2020 9:32AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

Maybe he's just confused. I personally can't even remember the number of times I wasn't paying attention and found myself quickly blown up by a stamcro.

Also, not stam related at all but for magcro, I remember once (like a week ago) I was fighting a guy who was a known harmony terrorist. Well, I got a bit arrogant knowing all I had to do was avoid the big red circle on the ground, got a bit lazy and overextended. Homeboy dropped his fear totem on his boneyard and I was just a bit too slow moving out of it. And just like that -- feared, vulnerability ult, boneyard synergy, healthbar deleted. I think the boneyard hit for like 14k, and I'm not exactly squishy either. It was gross. I know this isn't really the norm for magcros, but I still always appreciate the beauty of a perfectly executed combo.

Magcro most fun class to play:)
    Don’t call us terrorists:( it’s the only viable way to play magcro atm sadly :-/
    Edited by Lole on March 29, 2020 11:59AM