The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Has anyone build their own Ayleid ruin?

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was thinking it would be workable if you had a housing setup like Coldharbour Estate and built up a hill where you could have a proper entrance and stairs down to rooms below. Please share if you have created this, I do not own any properties like that to try it out. I do not believe ZOS plans to provide us with one to purchase.
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem would be the severe lack of Ayleid furnishings. Other than some bookcases, a bench, a table, some grates (crown store only), a brazier, a switch, some steles, and various crystal holders.... there's not much to work with. Any other building materials you utilize would most likely be interpreted as that particular style, rather than Ayleid.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, there is that to consider.

I always wanted an Ayleid ruin house so I would start with that (however I have few of those recipes myself) but add other achievement furnishings and crafted items of other styles.

I just like the idea of building up something that you could use to support a few underground rooms in an Ayleid ruin style. Possibly the Alinor floor could be used for walls and floors. It wouldn’t be perfect, but it would be something.

I actually entertained the idea to pick up ESO for my Mac to play with the PTS but I heard something about controllers not being supported there anymore, so that’s totally out if true.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the closest one I've seen that's also a home. Do watch right the way to the end for great ideas for Ayleid style.
    Curry Gaming had a great one too but alas that channel is gone
    https://youtu.be/UwlTDSdVsqo

I intend to do one myself when I get back to playing later in the year
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, if doing it in Cold Harbour, consider going out to the edge and building from there. It would save a huge amount of slots by not having to build a hill
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have considerd it but never actually done so, i might build one on the forgmaster island.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah @Zypheran I had not seen that video of yours, it is like Ayleid style aboveground house with basement. You have so many items in your builds and such great density, I am still collecting plans and mats so it is very impressive!

I do like the below ground section, that is definitely what style I would like to be able to do. However, I do like the spaciousness of the Ayleid ruins though, sort of like the high arched ceilings of cathedrals that lend toward a feeling of insignificance of man’s place in the universe. I imagine that the Ayleid would want to instill the same feeling in their human slaves. Therefore, my version would be larger in scope and intentionally less occupied with furnishings. I’d like to place some vines and tree roots and such in there to show the affect that time has had on the architecture as well.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA